• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Edit: Some more costumes found in the Datamine such as Ren & Stimpy's Christmas Hats. Plus they are being played in action.

I'm pretty worried on wheither or not they'll all be included in the Post Update.
I am glad that some work was done. Stuff like this makes me question why Nick didnt just let them delay the game a little more.

amageish

Smash Master
For the record, I see Clyde as the Zavok of Nick crossovers; gets included regardless whether fans want it or not, which has applied to the Super Brawl and Kart Racer games so far. Ludosity will determine whether that streak gets broken.
Very good comparison haha. I'm sure someone at SEGA really loves Zavok...

Given how they have handled the TMNT line-up, I'd be a little bit surprised if The Loud House of all shows had a 1:1 recreation of the line-up from Kart Racer 2. I imagine they'd pick a more unique line-up, whether they add Luna or Luan or say "Screw it" and add, like, Scoots.

Oh goodness, imagine if they stage-theory us again with DLC ads and one of the trailers shows the McBride residence as a stage, leading everyone to fight about if it means Clyde is getting in or if it is Luna's stage as a reference to the episode about her and Sam catsitting.... which was a very good episode; I like the early Luna stories before Season 5 happened and it felt like all the writers were reduced to surfing through TV tropes to find sitcom cliches that they hadn't based episodes around yet.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I am glad that some work was done. Stuff like this makes me question why Nick didnt just let them delay the game a little more.
Nick doesn't seem to particularly care if their games are done or not by the time they want them to be released (especially for crossovers). The only way to get Nick games to be remotely delayed nowadays is if they're straight-up 2D pixel games, as is the case with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge.

Doesn't help that they look at SpongeBob more favorably and even then some corners will be cut (see the Battle For Bikini Bottom remaster).

Overall, we're lucky that this game's high concept's surprise reception actually got them to consider greenlighting DLC.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Nick doesn't seem to particularly care if their games are done or not by the time they want them to be released (especially for crossovers). The only way to get Nick games to be remotely delayed nowadays is if they're straight-up 2D pixel games, as is the case with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge.

Doesn't help that they look at SpongeBob more favorably and even then some corners will be cut (see the Battle For Bikini Bottom remaster).
Man, I remember how the BFBBR devs wanted to include unused stuff like the Patrick's Dream sequence in the remaster, but then they didn't have time to and the remaster ITSELF ended up being unfinished because of it. Same story, 20 years later. :(

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Man, I remember how the BFBBR devs wanted to include unused stuff like the Patrick's Dream sequence in the remaster, but then they just didn't have time to and the remaster ITSELF ended up being unfinished because of it. Same story, 20 years later. :(
I can take solace in the fact that Purple Lamp did get the chance to make their own new potentially awesome SpongeBob platformer after that. Hopefully we'll see gameplay footage of The Cosmic Shake sometime next year.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Very good comparison haha. I'm sure someone at SEGA really loves Zavok...

Given how they have handled the TMNT line-up, I'd be a little bit surprised if The Loud House of all shows had a 1:1 recreation of the line-up from Kart Racer 2. I imagine they'd pick a more unique line-up, whether they add Luna or Luan or say "Screw it" and add, like, Scoots.

Oh goodness, imagine if they stage-theory us again with DLC ads and one of the trailers shows the McBride residence as a stage, leading everyone to fight about if it means Clyde is getting in or if it is Luna's stage as a reference to the episode about her and Sam catsitting.... which was a very good episode; I like the early Luna stories before Season 5 happened and it felt like all the writers were reduced to surfing through TV tropes to find sitcom cliches that they hadn't based episodes around yet.
I'm not expecting Clyde anyways because it would be hard to diversify him from Lincoln, as they have basically identical personalities and interests.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm not expecting Clyde anyways because it would be hard to diversify him from Lincoln, as they have basically identical personalities and interests.
Aside from that, I could see Ludosity flat-out refuse/have no interest to use him unless the Nick exec they talked to forced them to. We almost got the 2012 iteration of the Turtles until Ludosity successfully persuaded them otherwise, after all.

I heard Toph is worst than Patrick.
That's mildly surprising, since she does theoretically have more reach than Patrick. Guess she can't escape the :ultlittlemac: stigma.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Aside from that, I could see Ludosity flat-out refuse/have no interest to use him unless the Nick exec they talked to forced them to. We almost got the 2012 iteration of the Turtles until Ludosity successfully persuaded them otherwise, after all.

That's mildly surprising, since she does theoretically have more reach than Patrick. Guess she can't escape the :ultlittlemac: stigma.
And basically all the sisters (aside from the two youngest, Lisa and Lily) would have fun, unique, and inventive movesets that not a lot of characters can use. Lori, Leni, Luna, Luan, Lynn Jr., Lana, or Lola could all be cool character ideas.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Yeah, Ludosity clearly has a pretty generous area of freedom with this project. If they don't wanna include a character, they just won't include the character.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So how is everyone doing so far?

Patrick is easily the worst character for me. I'm getting the hang of Leo and Reptar
Still waiting for my copy of the game to arrive at my local Gamestop; they said it should hopefully arrive tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

Though if it's not there by the 20th at the absolute latest, I'm gonna seriously consider getting a refund.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, he seems like he'd be an echo fighter if echo fighters exist lol. They're both basically just "kid" personified.

Yeah, they counter-pitched a more exciting roster in general... It was the same Ludosity dev who was credited with pushing for Oblina's inclusion that pushed for Lucy Loud, so I gotta give that developer points for having a diverse set of interests, as that is one of the deepest historical cuts in the roster and one of the two modern ones.

She's gone through a full Little Mac arc already. People thought she was OP based on her strong reach when on the ground, so she took over online matches... then counter-play developed and now most pro tier lists have her at the very bottom... causing non-pros to ditch her as well.

amageish

Smash Master
I gotta say that I am kind of shocked by the advertising budget this game seems to have. Tonnes of people are doing sponsored videos about it; GameMill has sponsored tourneys for it with pretty big payouts; and they're doing giveaways like that SpongeBob/Leonardo Xbox and the game itself being part of McDonalds Canada's Monopoly thing. It's... a lot more then I expected given the seemingly-shoestring budget the actual game itself had?

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I gotta say that I am kind of shocked by the advertising budget this game seems to have. Tonnes of people are doing sponsored videos about it; GameMill has sponsored tourneys for it with pretty big payouts; and they're doing giveaways like that SpongeBob/Leonardo Xbox and the game itself being part of McDonalds Canada's Monopoly thing. It's... a lot more then I expected given the seemingly-shoestring budget the actual game itself had?
Even got airtime on a Fox news station, this game is really blowing up if its getting ad space on a news station.

a.Asdsa

Smash Rookie
It has 4000 active players on steam which is pretty impressive for a platform fighting game.

I don't know why people are so worried about this game dying. It will build it's own following, even if it won't kill Smash.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I expect a 3rd TLH rep to happen at this point, and they basically have eight different choices to choose from.
Might be possible. If not, I expect at least 1-2 to make it in the sequel

Is Donnie from Wild Thonberry somewhat deconfirmed?

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Who's everyone's most wanted currently?

Mine are Jimmy Neutron and Squidward now that Garfield is confirmed. I think there's a strong likelihood that these 2 are coming to the game as well.
There's honestly so many to count, Nickelodeon has such a rich history of content to pull from, it's hard to say who is exactly my most wanted when there's so many good choices,

The ones you mentioned of Jimmy Neutron and Squidward, Jenny Wakeman, Timmy Turner, Otis, Kappa Mikey, The Angry Beavers, Rocko, Raphael, Donatello, Fanboy and Chum Chum, Hugh Neutron, El Tigre, Bessie, Tak, Kitty Katswell, Snap, Miko Kubota, Zuko, Doug (if possible) are probably at the top if I had to say, and even then I know I'm probably still missing many other characters that I also want badly but can't remember right now

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
In other news, I didn't even see any copies in Wal-Mart at all, so it seems as though waiting for my physical copy to get here via Gamestop is still an option.

Mine are Jimmy Neutron and Squidward now that Garfield is confirmed. I think there's a strong likelihood that these 2 are coming to the game as well.
In light of recent events, it really comes down to Kitty Katswell, El Tigre and Daggett for me. Granted they were that at the start until I added a few, but still.

I expect a 3rd TLH rep to happen at this point, and they basically have eight different choices to choose from.
Yeah I could see one or two options get in, especially if background appearances truly can't be upgraded due to limitations. Also, Lori using Bobby as an assist would be hilarious to me.

This is the power of word-of-mouth from an absurdly dedicated fighting game community.

It wasn't actually THE Fox News, it was a news program on a local Fox network.
I absolutely appreciate the irony of April being partly the subject of a news report.

I want the rabbids so people get pissed and say they don't fit.

Then true fans come to the rescue and show the plebs this:
I take your Rabbids and raise you some Pipo Monkeys.

(I completely forgot that Frederator did Ape Escape shorts once)

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
And basically all the sisters (aside from the two youngest, Lisa and Lily) would have fun, unique, and inventive movesets that not a lot of characters can use. Lori, Leni, Luna, Luan, Lynn Jr., Lana, or Lola could all be cool character ideas.
I wouldn't count Lisa out. She's fairly young, yes, but she also has mounds of moveset potential, being a Dexter style kid-genius.

My wanted list is:

Daggett
Norbert
Another ZIM character or two, be it Dib, Gaz or even GIR in his dog suit to allow a playable GIR to happen.
Rocko
Zuko
Jenny
Luna Loud
Angelica
Stick Stickly

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I wouldn't count Lisa out. She's fairly young, yes, but she also has mounds of moveset potential, being a Dexter style kid-genius.

My wanted list is:

Daggett
Norbert
Another ZIM character or two, be it Dib, Gaz or even GIR in his dog suit to allow a playable GIR to happen.
Rocko
Zuko
Jenny
Luna Loud
Angelica
Stick Stickly
The only thing getting in Lisa's way (besides other TLH picks) is the same thing that initially got in Lucy's way, a Nick exec wanting to stick to their boring choices.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

Jenny
Jimmy
Angry Beavers, if we only get one, then Dag
If we get more villains, Skulker
If Nick Jr. characters are allowed, Blue

Would be cool if Blue's moveset involved Steve in some way. Dunno if their stance on live action characters has changed and Steve's also in this weird gray area where he's kind of a fictional character but also a real person named Steve Burns.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Honestly? If Gamemill will spill budget toward marketing and stuff... It's kind of a smart move and incredibly healthy for this game to have staying power.

Or either Luan with her many pranks as moveset potential.
We rarely have characters with music based stuff for their moveset. Luna would honestly be more interesting for me since a "prank character" has been done to death and has far more overlap imho.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I recently just began watching Welcome to the Wayne Again with it's 2nd Season. I haven't watched it outside of one episode and now i should be ready.

Honestly? If Gamemill will spill budget toward marketing and stuff... It's kind of a smart move and incredibly healthy for this game to have staying power.

We rarely have characters with music based stuff for their moveset. Luna would honestly be more interesting for me since a "prank character" has been done to death and has far more overlap imho.
Hey Fields, please don't freak out but i just recently found the origin of your profile picture.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master

I'm just going to split mine into new IPs vs expanding the franchise already in the base game... It's easier that way, especially with there being 3 franchises that feel kind of obligatory to want to add into the game haha.

New IPs:
1) Timmy Turner
2) Jimmy Neutron
3) Jenny Wakeman
4) El Tigre
5) Miko Kubota

Expanding Existing IPs:
1) Squidward
2) Zuko
3) Asami Sato
4) Luna Loud
5) Luan Loud

And, uh, I would also take Star Trek Prodigy getting a rep, as the idea of a Star Trek x SpongeBob x Garfield crossover is very entertaining to me, but I don't know if I full-on want it to happen? Also I don't expect all 10 of the characters I listed to happen, but I'll be happy if a few of them get in at least...

Lori using Bobby as an assist would be hilarious to me.

Well, that would be one way to add some Casagrande content into the game, I suppose... Lori does feel like the next most "normal" sibling after Lincoln, though she still has hobbies/pursuits like golf and fashion that you can pull from for her kit.

The only thing getting in Lisa's way (besides other TLH picks) is the same thing that initially got in Lucy's way, a Nick exec wanting to stick to their boring choices.
I'd be down to see Lisa get in, but I do not want to see the fandom reaction if we get a Loud House child genius inventor before Jimmy lol.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
For the record, I see Clyde as the Zavok of Nick crossovers; gets included regardless whether fans want it or not, which has applied to the Super Brawl and Kart Racer games so far. Ludosity will determine whether that streak gets broken.

Also, I don't think we're expecting them to rush post-launch content out. They got plenty of time compared to the period leading up to launch.
We also had a streak where the 4 Turtles were the priority. Along with Ahh Real Monsters and Thornberries being left behind. Ludosity seems to care very little for streaks, I don't expect Clyde to get in since he's not very important nor is he desired. Thank god for that tbh.

I recently just began watching Welcome to the Wayne Again with it's 2nd Season. I haven't watched it outside of one episode and now i should be ready.

Hey Fields, please don't freak out but i just recently found the origin of your profile picture.
Oh? Cool, one of my favorite niche games honestly.

Last edited:

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice

These are the characters I would love to see, lots of these characters are totally not happening, but its nice to think about

SpongeBob- Dennis, Plankton
Danny Phantom- Walker, Fright Knight
TMNT- Raphael, Donatello, Metalhead, Slash, Wyrm
Invader ZIM- Dib
Garfield- Binky the Clown, Glitch
Rocko's Modern Life- Rocko, Really Really Big Man
Kablam!- Henry & June
Tak & the Power of Juju- Tak
Catscratch- Mr.Blik
El Tigre- El Tigre, Django
Making Fiends- Charlotte, Vendetta
Glitch Techs- Miko