• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl Announced for Fall 2021 Release

Nick All-Stars Brawl.jpg

Nickelodeon and IGN have released a trailer for Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl, an upcoming platform fighter featuring characters from throughout the network's history. The game will be published by GameMill, who previously published the Nickelodeon Kart Racers series, and is being developed by Ludosity and Fair Play Labs. While an official release date hasn't been provided, the game is slated to release sometime in Fall of 2021.

While the full roster has yet to be revealed, the following characters were shown off in the reveal trailer:
  • Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
  • Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
  • Powdered Toast Man (Ren & Stimpy)
  • Sandy Cheeks (Spongebob Squarepants)
  • Patrick Star (Spongebob Squarepants)
  • Oblina (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
  • Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberries)
  • Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
  • Spongebob Squarepants (Spongebob Squarepants)
  • Helga (Hey Arnold!)
  • Reptar (Rugrats)
  • Zim (Invader Zim)
  • Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
  • Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
While the rest of the roster has yet to be revealed, silhouettes for what appears to be the following characters have been spotted on the placeholder box art used for the game's listings on Target's website.

• Korra (Avatar: The Legend of Korra)
  • Ren (Ren & Stimpy)
  • Stimpy (Ren & Stimpy)
  • CatDog (CatDog)

The game will also feature 20 stages pulled from various Nickelodeon franchises, a variety of single-player and multiplayer modes, and an in-game gallery. The official announcement from IGN also mentions unlockable moves for each character, though it's currently unknown what that entails.

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl had previously been leaked via a GameFly listing that seemingly went up early. This listing also provided a planned release date of October 5, 2021, though it is yet to be determined if this will be the final release date.

While normally it would be safe to assume that a game like this would be a fairly shallow cash grab, the fact that Ludosity seems to be leading development has caught the attention of many competitive Smash players. Ludosity has plenty of experience developing platform fighters, having previously made Slap City, which is already held in high regard within the competitive scene, so quite a few players are hyped at the possibility that Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl may actually be designed with competitive play in mind.

On top of that, Ludosity team member Elias "sinxtanx" Forslind has been answering questions about the game in the studio's official Discord server.

Forslind has confirmed that on top of the Switch, Xbox Series, Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Playstation 5 releases announced in the trailer, the game will also be available on PC, which is the platform that development has primarily focused on. The game will also have rollback netcode on supported platforms. While he hasn't stated anything directly, he has implied that the Switch version will lack rollback, due to optimization issues with Unity's Switch build pipeline.

Forslind has also confirmed that, like Ludosity's previous platform fighter, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl will feature wavedashing.

Not much else is known about Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl at this time, but Smashboards will continue to cover information about the game as it emerges.

Last edited:
Scribe

Comments

ive only ever seen 4 of these cartoons, 5 if the avatar rumours are true. what is this teenage mutant ninja turtles?

D
Let's be real. If this game having good netcode pisses off so many Ultimate players, why don't they just abandon Ultimate altogether, if not to move to Guilty Gear Strive?

Heck, I'm starting to think Strive is only popular because of its netcode.

Let's be real. If this game having good netcode pisses off so many Ultimate players, why don't they just abandon Ultimate altogether, if not to move to Guilty Gear Strive?

Heck, I'm starting to think Strive is only popular because of its netcode.
I don't think anyone's angry over this game having good netcode, it's just kinda funny that a game with Nigel Thornberry got such a fundamental basic down before one of the biggest competitive game releases of the 21st century

Last edited:
I hope this let Nintendo know about the Rollback Network function for better online experience for future titles.

I hope this let Nintendo know about the Rollback Network function for better online experience for future titles.
Nintendo, or at the very least Sakurai, is aware of Rollback. I believe he's even addressed it during Ultimate's life cycle. They'd have to build the game around it and Ultimate wasn't. We can only hope that the next game will be in consideration but who knows.

Nintendo, or at the very least Sakurai, is aware of Rollback. I believe he's even addressed it during Ultimate's life cycle. They'd have to build the game around it and Ultimate wasn't. We can only hope that the next game will be in consideration but who knows.
Maybe it is already too late for Ultimate's build to implement the Rollback Network code since the team is already this far in with the content and characters for the roster.

D
I don't think anyone's angry over this game having good netcode, it's just kinda funny that a game with Nigel Thornberry got such a fundamental basic down before one of the biggest competitive game releases of the 21st century
Pros are angry. Why play online if you hate it?

I'm actually super stoked for this game. I grew up with all the classic Nicktoons and never got around to playing the recent Nickelodeon Racing games. A Smash style game is definitely more my style. Definitely looks like Cat Dog, Ren and Stimpy, Aang, and Korra will be in it, which is awesome. Would love to see Rocket Power, Rocko's Modern Life, the other TMNT members, and Angry Beavers. The roster for the last Nick Racing game was pretty big, maybe this one will be around 25-35 as well.

Attachments

Now if only Nick All Stars Brawl could just get a ton of good single player modes and a good story mode that feels more like Subspace Emmisary.

That alone would make the game worth buying.

In addition to it having DLC costumes and actual unlockable content you don't have to purchase via microtransactions.

I want Zuko to be playbale i mean Aang seems to be leaked too so make zuko a thing because lets be honest the Firelord is lame as heck!
Outside of this Squidward, Plankton, Timmy and Crooker would be nice! also maybe lisa her voice is funny:
(i put a picture in because nobody remembers every single loud house char!)

Top Bottom