• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Niche Villager tech (new?)

Cvo

Smash Rookie
Was watching a video by Scend (bestness) and during his elite smash stream, a Villager randomly began stalling by the blast zone in the middle of the match. I jumped into training to replicate the tech and yeah, it turns out Villager has a ridiculously effective stalling technique. I have no idea if this is common knowledge or not, but I'll explain how it works anyways:

-Villager drifts towards the left or right blast zone at any time (the higher up, the better)
-You input Side Special towards the blast zone in such a way that it instantly goes out-of-bounds and disappears upon spawning.
-Your vertical momentum is stalled for a second, but the Lloyd rocket is gone, so you can use the move again.
-Keep spamming side-B for literally as long as you want. Be careful not to mash B too quickly or you'll hop on the rocket and suicide.
-If you have a jump saved, you can use it to gain some height to stall with longer.
-Villager is Villager, so no matter how long you stall, how deep you are, you can recover.

The better and more optimally you perform this stall, the less height you lose for every side-B, and thus, the longer you can stay offstage. In theory, this gives Villager a huge leg-up on Joker, since you can just decide at any time to run to a blast zone and stall out Arsene. Unless the Joker wants to suicide, you are wholly inaccessible for the duration of the stall, which could very well last 20-30 seconds. Alternatively, if you are hit out of up-special and you know your balloons will run out of helium before you can recover, simply apply this technique to stall for time, regain helium and make it back to stage. This technique could also be useful to stall out Cloud's limit, but I'd watch out for Cloud's neutral special. Any character with a long-ranged projectile could ruin your day actually, but specifically against Joker, even with Arsene, you're good.

Let me know what you guys think. I really think this could be good for Villager in SSBU's metagame, considering Joker with Arsene is arguably the best character in the game right now.

Top Bottom