• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nice Shot! A Support Thread for Matt from Wii Sports!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Yep, you heard that right, this is an unironic support thread for Matt from Wii Sports!
8FE31B76-E1B0-4AF5-B689-78251AE7762B.png

Why should Matt be in Smash?

Well, Wii Sports is obviously one of Nintendo’s biggest games. It’s one of the best selling videogames ever, and is extremely well known. If Wii Fit Trainer is ever removed in a future game, Matt would be a good “replacement” as the Wii rep in Smash, which I find important.

“But we already have a Mii in Smash!”

The Miis in Smash are meant to emphasize the customization of Miis, not the games they’ve been in. Heck, they’re not even counted as being from their own series; they’re counted as being from Smash Bros. Matt would represent the actual games, and I imagine he would have alts based on other characters from Wii Sports.

He would also most likely use the design of Miis with floating hands to differentiate himself:
C90727EF-C4B0-4B9E-B0E4-4C8B11231221.jpeg

“Matt is just a meme character!”
Matt’s identity is not completely based on memes. Sure he was used in a lot of memes awhile back, but it’s not his whole character. I think adding him to Smash would be a nice nod to meme culture without adding someone completely ridiculous like Morshu.

And besides, people said the same thing about Sans and Steve, but they’re in.

“He has no moveset potential!”

This is just objectively wrong. A moveset based on sports would not only be really interesting, but also really fun and unique! He could also act not only as a rep for Wii games, but a rep for sports games, which basically have zero representation in the roster of Smash.

Top Bottom