• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Next Zelda remake?

PKFreeze89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Scizor711
3DS FC
4742-5952-7792
With Twilight Princess HD around the corner, it's only a matter of time for Nintendo to start working on another remake or "sequel" (like ALBTW)

I think the next handheld will get a 2D Zelda sequel/remake and the next home console will get a HD remake.
Link's Awakening and Minish Cap deserve a better treatment for being some of the best games of the series but knowing Nintendo, they will probably go the safe rout and remake Phantom Hourglass. A new version without touch controls would be welcome cause that was a huge turnoff for lots of fans.

Skyward Sword HD is a given at this point but I would love to see OoT with updated graphics.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean...

If any gets remade next I think Link to the Past or Skyward Sword are next but...

Can we lay off on the remakes for a while?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think I kinda noticed that Triforce Heroes made a few new assets that actually share a bit of resemblance to some of the sprites from the Minish Cap, the trees and pots in particular seem to have a closer resemblance to the ones of the Minish Cap than A Link between Worlds, then there is the return of the Gust Jar item etc.

I mean, I'm not saying that this is hinting at anything or something (Triforce Heroes as a whole is more or less inspired by the Four Swords games after all) but I suppose if they wanted to squeeze in one last Zelda game for the 3DS before they probably move on to the NX (Assuming its rumors of it being some sort of hybrid of a home console and handheld is true). I suppose a remake of the Minish Cap is something they can probably always do..... (Of course, the same can go for A Link to the Past with A Link Between Worlds and all)

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Spirit Tracks would be a good one. The game gets a bad rap because of the stylus controls and because its predecessor, Phantom Hourglass, wasn't that great. But ST itself is really good. Great music, interesting mechanics (playing as both Link and Zelda was neat), great story and villains (Chancellor Cole tho), etc.

That being said, the fangirl in me would LOVE a remake of Link's Awakening. That game is beautiful.

finalark

SNORLAX
I mean...

If any gets remade next I think Link to the Past or Skyward Sword are next but...

Can we lay off on the remakes for a while?
Agreed, Skyward Sword isn't even five years old yet. Link to the Past is widely available and both the original and GBA versions actually hold up pretty well.

I'd rather Nintendo put their efforts into new LoZ games instead of LoZ games I played when I was ten.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
I'd love a Link to the Past HD style remake (even using Link Between World's graphics unless they go WiiU/NX). Skyward Sword would be awesome but it's too soon IMO. I'd like an HD version of the first two on NES also - that could be neat. Links Awakening as well. Lots of possibilities.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's nice that Twilight Princess Is getting an HD remake even though I've beaten the game like a hundred times now. I'm still gonna get it just cuz it's, of course, in glorious HD though I want the bundle that comes with the Wolf Link amiibo.

It would be nice if Skyward Sword gets an HD remake as well but that game is not even 10 years old yet. But overall, I'd rather they would just continue making new Zelda games rather than a game I've already played unless it's the one I missed out.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Nintendo keeps remaking the Zelda games I lose (whether it's friends stealing them or case mix ups).

I lost Wind Waker. That got remade. I have that now. It's great. :4tlink:

I lost Twilight Princess. That is getting a remake. I will get it. :4link:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Oracle of Ages/Seasons remade as one game with ALBW graphics?

Four Swords Anniversary Edition put back on the eshop?

Four Swords Adventures released on Wii U (you may use Gamepad/DS/3DS instead of GBA systems)

Link's Awakening Direct Sequel that borrows EVEN MORE from Mario games?

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
Oracle of Ages/Seasons remade as one game with ALBW graphics?

Four Swords Anniversary Edition put back on the eshop?

Four Swords Adventures released on Nintendo Switch (you may use 3DS systems instead of GBA systems)

Link's Awakening Direct Sequel that borrows EVEN MORE from Mario games?
  1. Maybe, Get Capcom on it.
  2. Yes!
  3. Put it on Nintendo Switch because Wii U died
  4. No. It non cannon, so it can't get a sequel.

Last edited:

biigshaq

Smash Rookie
Skyward Sword HD is bound to happen, and I am glad. I never bought it, and whenever I want to play it I just borrow it from my friend and hook up my old Wii

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm tired of remakes for the 3D games, there were four in a single console generation, I'd prefer to get remakes of the 2D games instead... Especially since they could probably benefit the most from being remade.

Imagine playing any of the gameboy games without having to de-equip your sword, where shield is mapped to R, and Dash is mapped to L, where Jump is mapped to Y, and you don't get a message every time you touch a pot without the power bracer equipped.

Also I unironically want a Zelda 2 remake. Just allow the player to fast travel to towns they already visited and don't kick them out of a dungeon upon game over, just take them to the beginning of the dungeon. Better yet, remove the lives system altogether.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
CD-I games. Make them as stupid as possible. I know that’s like the worst thing you can ever do, but they’ll probably get a lot of buzz for doing something like that and the huge Zelda nerds would probably play that. Also make it actually fun somehow.

Jasper the Tourist

Smash Apprentice
Zelda 2 absolutely needs to be remade. There’s a good game in there, but it’s ridiculously difficult and unfair, and certain aspects of it did not age well. But remade, it could be excellent.

Top Bottom