• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
It’s a shame because that setting has such a cool aesthetic. It would be cool to see more games take inspiration from that. It doesn’t have to be realistic but I’d love to see more fantasy worlds built from that inspiration.
I sort of get what you mean. There’s a few lesser used myths and things I’d like to see more of in gaming

Aligo

Smash Ace
A factory of some kind would be really cool stage. The heavy industry always makes for a very diffent feel to the environment.

Can anyone suggest some good potential factory stages?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
A factory of some kind would be really cool stage. The heavy industry always makes for a very diffent feel to the environment.

Can anyone suggest some good potential factory stages?
well there’s frantic factory from DK64, grunty industries from banjo tooie, the pokeball factory from X & Y

couple of factory esc stages in spaltoon, lanayru mining facility in skyward sword if it counts

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I really want to see an aquatic stage and another ice or snow stage. It would be cool to see something with an ancient Egyptian or feudal Japanese inspired setting as well but I’m not sure what games those would come from. There are a lot more options for a feudal Japanese setting in games than ancient Egyptian.
I still think Corrin in Smash 4 should've come with a stage like all the other DLC newcomers, cuz I've been in love with the Opera House idea I saw some years ago. That would be a killer aquatic stage with a great aesthetic.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
I always wanted an amusement park stage in Smash.
Since Bandai Namco started with rides and attractions before the video games, it would be funny to see a "Namco Park", something like their Marvel Land game for Sega Genesis, but with their older stuff filled there.
Any other ideas? (inb4 Super Nintendo World)

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
I wonder how a Super Smash Bros game in the Tactical role-playing genre would be, I think it would be very exciting, some would compare it to the Project X Zone series, but the Project X Zone series consisted of characters and franchises from Bandai Namco, Capcom and Sega although in Project X Zone 2 there was Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles and Chrom and Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening all three of which are Nintendo characters. The difference between the two would then be that the Project X Zone series would focus mainly on Bandai Namco, Capcom and Sega characters and franchises, while Super Smash Bros Tactical role-playing mainly on Nintendo characters and franchises.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I wonder how a Super Smash Bros game in the Tactical role-playing genre would be, I think it would be very exciting, some would compare it to the Project X Zone series, but the Project X Zone series consisted of characters and franchises from Bandai Namco, Capcom and Sega although in Project X Zone 2 there was Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles and Chrom and Lucina from Fire Emblem Awakening all three of which are Nintendo characters. The difference between the two would then be that the Project X Zone series would focus mainly on Bandai Namco, Capcom and Sega characters and franchises, while Super Smash Bros Tactical role-playing mainly on Nintendo characters and franchises.
Sure, there can be a weapon triangle too like brawler x sword x gun or something

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
and it will include cartoonish mascots like the previous Smashes, or it will be Anti-Scrimblo like it's inspiration (PxZ)?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I guess now’s a good time to shill my PxZ fan rosters, since they feature characters featured in Smash.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I want to see more stages based off properties that don’t have a character rep and, to be specific, third party stages. There’s so much potential there for content.
While I don't think it's a bad idea by any means, I think it's a double edge sword. People are already mad enough with some Mii costumes disconfirmation, imagine if we have, say a N.sanity beach stage but with no Crash Bandicoot. Altough I think it could work well if the franchise don't have too much fighters potential. But overall, I think it's better to keep stages with no fighters from smaller first party games, like Endless ocean or retro first party games like Excitebike for example.

I always wanted an amusement park stage in Smash.
Since Bandai Namco started with rides and attractions before the video games, it would be funny to see a "Namco Park", something like their Marvel Land game for Sega Genesis, but with their older stuff filled there.
Any other ideas? (inb4 Super Nintendo World)
Well they could just go with Nintendo land (the Wii U game).

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I don’t want Mass Effect in Smash. It doesn’t really belong.

Some I would like to see would include Perfect Dark, Tetris, Stardew Valley, Fortnite, River City, etc
Just to be clear, are you talking about which stages that comes with the characters? Or are you saying you only just want the stages but not the characters?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well that's...strange. Why only just stages from Fortnite, Perfect Dark, and River City but not the characters? I don't get that. I can understand Tetris and Stardew Valley but those games? Especially a series like River City? I don't get that at all.
its just personal preference, only has to make sense to Venus

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well that's...strange. Why only just stages from Fortnite, Perfect Dark, and River City but not the characters? I don't get that. I can understand Tetris and Stardew Valley but those games? Especially a series like River City? I don't get that at all.
Heck, even then there are people who actually WANT a Tetris Block to be playable. Personally, I STILL don't get how that would work, but clearly there's a market of some kind...

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Heck, even then there are people who actually WANT a Tetris Block to be playable. Personally, I STILL don't get how that would work, but clearly there's a market of some kind...
I would main Tetris Block for real. I forget whichever smash clone has it but there's one with a playable Tetris Block and the moveset is pretty good.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
its just personal preference, only has to make sense to Venus
Still, you can't get a better representation than a playable one and yet, even when there's so much potential in one, a person would still settle for something much less?

It could be a personal preference but when something is that unusual, I can't help but question if this person is actually serious. And if they are serious, I'm just curious why they think that.

A moveset for a Tetris Block is probably one of the weirdest things to come up with but at the same time, also not impossible. So I can understand both sides on that.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
A couple franchises I really like that should at least get stages are Freakyforms and Fall Guys.

It would be difficult to think of a good character rep for Freakyforms since it’s about your own created creatures and characters, but the shape of the terrain and some of the mechanics are much more constant, and could thus carry the series’ general vibes. It does have some premade creatures, but IDK if any of them really stand out as iconic.

Fall Guys could be hard to make a character for due to how limited the characters’ movesets and mobility are. (You could make up stuff, but would it feel right if they’re acrobatically leaping around the screen and skillfully beating up enemies instead of simply awkwardly trying to grab onto them? I’m not sure, I might have to see it to make a decision.) However, there are several levels that could act as interesting Smash stages and I’d really like to get at least one of them.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I've always loved the rivalry between Ash's Pikachu and Team Rocket's Meowth, too bad we won't see that rivalry again in the new Pokémon anime series.
I know. It was really shocking when Pikachu finally murdered Meowth...

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
A couple franchises I really like that should at least get stages are Freakyforms and Fall Guys.

It would be difficult to think of a good character rep for Freakyforms since it’s about your own created creatures and characters, but the shape of the terrain and some of the mechanics are much more constant, and could thus carry the series’ general vibes. It does have some premade creatures, but IDK if any of them really stand out as iconic.

Fall Guys could be hard to make a character for due to how limited the characters’ movesets and mobility are. (You could make up stuff, but would it feel right if they’re acrobatically leaping around the screen and skillfully beating up enemies instead of simply awkwardly trying to grab onto them? I’m not sure, I might have to see it to make a decision.) However, there are several levels that could act as interesting Smash stages and I’d really like to get at least one of them.
For Fall Guys, I think someone did a moveset:

And a Freakyforms stage would be great, you would go through Meadow, Ocean, City, and Cloudland.
(Or either the dungeons with the bosses as stage hazards)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
If we can’t get a character from Octopath Traveller, I’d love to at least get a stage. The HD-2D aesthetic is really cool and the series has among the best soundtracks I’ve ever heard. It would be a shame to miss out on Octopath music in Smash.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Like I've said before, base Smash Ultimate could've really used some Spirits and Songs from 3rd party franchises that don't have a fighter.
Didn't it already have spirits from 3rd party franchises? Like, Rayman and Shantae were already spirits in the base game.

Stratos

Smash Ace
Since the new Pokémon anime series featuring Liko and Roy will be released on April 14th, 2023, does this mean there will be future Pokémon movies featuring these two, will it be with Ash and his Pikachu again, or no movies at all? However, I certainly wouldn't want the latter to happen.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Im Inspired to ask this beacuse of my own characters but it does apply to others too:
So Smash can only have Videogame Characters Right?
What if a Character was created for A Videogame and still feels like a Videogame Character but had to be repurposed as a Book or something because the creator of the character couldnt make a Videogame?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Im Inspired to ask this beacuse of my own characters but it does apply to others too:
What if a Character was created for A Videogame and still feels like a Videogame Character but had to be repurposed as a Book or something because the creator of the character couldnt make a Videogame?
Well...then the character is a book character, and not a game character.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Since the new Pokémon anime series featuring Liko and Roy will be released on April 14th, 2023, does this mean there will be future Pokémon movies featuring these two, will it be with Ash and his Pikachu again, or no movies at all? However, I certainly wouldn't want the latter to happen.
I don't see why they wouldn't make movies with the new protagonists as the main characters. Pokemon movies always follow the anime to an extent, there's no reason would stop now just because Ash isn't here anymore (and there's a new Pikachu they can use if they're worried about marketing the movies without it).

How a character even would fee like a video game character if they're from a book?

Top Bottom