• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
They all had unique designs and their origin games all had unique mechanics. The stuff that separates Doomguy from Master Chief can't be done without elevating the game's rating.
I dunno... Ridley's moveset is pretty damn brutal and we didn't get an age rating bumped for it.

Doom Slayer could absolutely show similar brutality that he does in Doom games without raising the rating as long as he doesn't dismember people (which no one would expect him to do in Smash anyway) and that there isn't blood. And he wouldn't be the first to have gore censored out for Smash :ultbayonetta:

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
As much as the Smash team can put in game mechanics in Smash, do remember that the differences between DOOM and Halo should be distinguishable in a 30-move moveset which is an uphill climb when they’re both shooters that are very similar on the visual side of things. Halo playing slower as a game might not be a translatable trait in a moveset.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
As much as the Smash team can put in game mechanics in Smash, do remember that the differences between DOOM and Halo should be distinguishable in a 30-move moveset which is an uphill climb when they’re both shooters that are very similar on the visual side of things. Halo playing slower as a game might not be a translatable trait in a moveset.
But Halo and Doom both have very different philosophies.

Halo is about chipping down health enough to then go for a melee kill while Doom is about being suffocatingly aggressive and constantly on the move, as keeping distance like a coward or sitting still just gets you killed.

They can absolutely play very differently.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Hearing that we can’t get Doom and Halo cause “2 green guys from shooter game” sounds like a memier version of “b-blue haired anime swordsman!!”.

Doom and Halo have entirely different Gameplay, History, Aesthetics, Fans, etc.

It’s like saying we can’t have Byleth because Joker already wears a black coat and is from a JRPG.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
But Halo and Doom both have very different philosophies.

Halo is about chipping down health enough to then go for a melee kill while Doom is about being suffocatingly aggressive and constantly on the move, as keeping distance like a coward or sitting still just gets you killed.

They can absolutely play very differently.
That is very different! I never played either game but from what I hear so far there’s absolutely no reason to not have both.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I dunno... Ridley's moveset is pretty damn brutal and we didn't get an age rating bumped for it.

Doom Slayer could absolutely show similar brutality that he does in Doom games without raising the rating as long as he doesn't dismember people (which no one would expect him to do in Smash anyway) and that there isn't blood. And he wouldn't be the first to have gore censored out for Smash :ultbayonetta:
Fun fact: Bayo is the first Smash fighter to directly reference external bleeding, as she literally bleeds out rose petals when she's damaged just like in her games.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
They can't show said aggression (through things like all the gore, the glory kills, etc.) without elevating the game's rating. I've mostly accepted that they'll go to Elder Scrolls for the Bethesda rep.
I wasn't referring to the glory kills and gore. I was more so speaking about how Slayer is an offensive based character that relies on fast mobility and quick burst attacks before moving away from coming danger. That's a design bedrock for Doom games, and Slayer being adapted to Smash would result in him being a rushdown based character that is incredibly mobile.

That's a big difference when you look at Chief who is slower and has fewer mobility options but makes up for it with his shield that regenerates with time (something that Doom doesn't have).

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Say if echoes were still a thing next game and we got some more, who do you think are no brainers?
I dunno about "no brainers", since that implies they're gonna happen. But some obvious picks to me are:

10e. Ninten [Ness]
11e. Black Shadow [Captain Falcon]
27e. Galacta Knight [Meta Knight]
31e. Liquid Snake [Snake]
32e. Black Knight [Ike]
35e. Charizard [Pokemon Trainer]
36e. Dixie Kong [Diddy Kong]
38e. Shadow [Sonic]
46e. Bass [Megaman]
61e. Zack [Cloud]
63e. Jeanne [Bayonetta]
64e. Octolings [Inklings]
82e. Roxas [Kingdom Hearts]

Give this thread a read.
Yeah? It's just a list of fanrules that are currently still alive.

Okay guys.
Do you have a Prediction about Story Mode for Smash 6?
Not a prediction, but a hope.

That's it's just all the video game villains teaming up to conquer the world of Smash instead of another Smash OC boss for once.

We literally already have a character that chainsaws people, and all it does is cause a bunch of hit sparks.

As much as the Smash team can put in game mechanics in Smash, do remember that the differences between DOOM and Halo should be distinguishable in a 30-move moveset which is an uphill climb when they’re both shooters that are very similar on the visual side of things.
They have a wide selection of weaponry that can differentiate the two.

Chainsaw+super shotgun+rocket launcher vs. Energy Sword+Battle Rifle+Needler

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Give this thread a read.
Literally reads like all the double standards the casual smash fan perpetuates, like no AT's but fanrules don't matter or the typical moaning about them thinking smash fans only expect big named third parties when anyone not sticking their head in the ground will realize that they're trying to point out problems that don't exist and are making the issues in the first place TBH so IDK why you'd recommend this thread specifically. And the people they tagged at the end... are, well, the exact people I'd expect them to tag for what reads like such an arbitrarily dumb post. TL:DR this is what you'd get from a smash fan who only knows about it from an episode of Scott the Woz, which ends up creating more problems by pointing out non-existent ones and then vicious circle yada yada

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Say if echoes were still a thing next game and we got some more, who do you think are no brainers?
I don't think there are any that are "no brainers". Especially when some characters that some people think would be good Echoes aren't really. The only one that looks like they would fit easily as an Echo is the Octoling for the Inkling. But considering the new weapons that Splatoon 2 got as well as the new weapons coming for Splatoon 3, it might be more preferable to give the Octolings a new moveset that has some of the new weapons or elements.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

for me:
  • if Joker returns, Violet. There is at least precedence with the Jane in Joker’s DLC file string that had a ponytail
  • Jin Kazama as a Ken-style Kazuya echo
  • Octoling, though they could also pass as a semi clone
  • Ninjara as a Min Min echo maybe, we don’t have a male echo for a female original fighter yet. If you wanna go semi-clone instead of full echo I’d pick Dr. Coyle
  • Roxas as a Sora echo if Disney’s willing to play ball for an echo
I will say Boshi

if Square-enix is not letting Geno become playable or even give him the deluxe mii costume treatment then i see the best option for the SMRPG representation at least to let in a last minute echo for Yoshi we dont even have a music and stage for SMRPG and if its really complicated to expand the content for SMRPG in smash then simply just bring in Boshi that would be at least a win to us.
Boshi could make both SMRPG and Yoshi community happy as this would be the first time Yoshi gets a 2nd representation while it would be also the 1st time for SMRPG to get a representation also he is a villain to Yoshi so this would be perfect.

other i would say
Ms. Pac-man: She is Ms. video game herself and she has a history and legacy of her own also Pac-man series is poorly represented and still lacks contents
Ninten: i prefer him to be more of a clone than echo for Ness but its still fine with me i want the Mother trio to finally unite which would make every mother fan happy
Mega Charizard X: they removed one of the most hyped character in both pokemon xy and sm4sh and he has to come back with the rock smash which many people did wish to have back and they already have his model ready and the blue flames can easily be brought
Protoman: in sm4sh megaman had the most unique custom moves if custom moves still doesnt come back instead of throwing it to the garbage give it to Protoman also he is going to have his shield activated
Alph: he still deserve justice he was originally planned as a clone so it would make alot of sense to upgrade him from just Olimar alt skin to echo with the Rock Pikmin

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
To elaborate further as to why Black Knight as an Ike echo makes absolutely zero sense and shouldn't be so much as entertained...

The basis of the suggestion comes from the fact that both Ike and the Black Knight were taught by Greil. That literally does not matter. Not only are their two sword styles canonically very different, but if having the same teacher mattered, Lilina (a mage, by the way) should be a Roy echo. After all, they were both taught by Cecilia. We could go even further! By this logic, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude would all work as Byleth echoes because Byleth taught each of them! Never mind how that makes absolutely no sense and is completely out of character!

But beyond that, the single biggest issue that hasn't been stated enough is that...

Black Knight is an armored unit. Ike is an infantry unit.

Fire Emblem as a franchise has four major movement types for its various classes: Infantry (foot soldiers with only light armor), Cavalry (units who fight on horseback), Flying (units who fight while airborne), and Armored (units who fight on foot with heavy plated armor).

The distinction between these four is made clear throughout the series. Infantry units are the standard but also have a wider variety of classes available. Cavalry have a larger movement range but are impeded by terrain features like forests. Flying units are unimpeded by terrain but have more common weapons that are super effective against them (bows and wind magic). Armored units are slow, have low movement, and are heavy (in games with build and constitution anyway), but have skyhigh defense and sometimes a skill like Pavise. The only time there's been any real case of overlap is with one specific class line: the Great Knight, which is both Armored and Cavalry.

Besides the aforementioned case of the Great Knight (and if you want to really split hairs, the Conqueror, which is just Walhart's personal Great Knight equivalent), these four are always portrayed very differently. This is why it legitimately makes no real sense for Ike, an Infantry unit, to have Black Knight, an Armored unit, as an echo.

Black Knight is one of the faster armor units in the series and he's still a massive, hulking monster of a man wearing enough armor to defend a small village. You would need to change so much about him to have him fit Ike, including but not limited to reducing his size, completely foregoing his own animations, being totally okay with him clipping into himself while while trying to do Ike's animations, making him significantly faster than he's ever canonically been depicted, and in general removing every last thing that made him such a memorable character.

Do you see the way his Assist Trophy was depicted? That's the Black Knight. A sable clad monster of a man who strikes fear into the hearts of those he draws his sword against, as he slowly lumbers over to them and borderline bludgeons them with a single swing of his blade. A man who doesn't so much as flinch at the swings thrown at him due to the massive weight and stability of his enchanted armor. A demon who bursts out of a village door and oops, now Oscar is dead because he and his horse got turned into mincemeat. A force of sheer terror who lets you know that you may outrun him, but not forever. And the second you let up, it's over for you. Because he will never stop his pursuit of you if you're his target.

And absolutely none of that would be retained by forcing him into an echo of Ike.

"but Dark Samus!"

Gonna stop you right there. Making Black Knight an Ike echo makes the Dark Samus situation feel as seamless as Richter echoing Simon. This isn't like Dark Samus being a Samus echo. This is like King K. Rool being a Yoshi echo.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
“Fan rules mean nothing”
”ATs stay ATs”

Pick one or cope
"ATs can only be promoted in the base game"
"ATs won't be promoted in the base game"

This is the point where you should admit you don't like the characters that got AT'd.

toonito

Smash Ace
i get that some people take fan "observations" too far but i think most use these observations as a speculation guide until they're broken. IMO there's nothing wrong with thinking ATs won't be playable in the same game until it happens. We've gone through 3 games with ATs (put it in perspective there are more Smash games with ATs than not) and not 1 thus far also became playable in the same cycle. Is that to say it'll never happen? No and I disagree with anyone who definitively says that but most just think that their role is established at that point.

At this point it's safe to assume that an AT won't be playable in the same game but there's always the possibility for change.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
My predictions going forth are:

1. Waluigi
  2. a 3rd and possibly 4th Animal Crossing rep
  3. A Splatoon idol group
  4. A Western gritty/realistic character, most likely a shooter.
There are a few other characters I think have a high chance to show up, as well as some non-character things I'm expecting (specifically - if SE are still on board, Space Invaders content of some sort; and Tetris getting a role more major than music/Spirits, even if not a playable Tetromino)

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
i get that some people take fan "observations" too far but i think most use these observations as a speculation guide until they're broken. IMO there's nothing wrong with thinking ATs won't be playable in the same game until it happens. We've gone through 3 games with ATs (put it in perspective there are more Smash games with ATs than not) and not 1 thus far also became playable in the same cycle. Is that to say it'll never happen? No and I disagree with anyone who definitively says that but most just think that their role is established at that point.

At this point it's safe to assume that an AT won't be playable in the same game but there's always the possibility for change.
The point is that Perk apparently went from "ATs can't be DLC" to "ATs will never become playable, period".

1. Waluigi
  3. A Splatoon idol group
There are a few other characters I think have a high chance to show up, as well as some non-character things I'm expecting (specifically - if SE are still on board, Space Invaders content of some sort; and Tetris getting a role more major than music/Spirits, even if not a playable Tetromino)
My are:
1. Waluigi
2. Fire Emblem character, who doesn't wields a Sword or Melee like Weapon
3. Sony Character (Please Smash, give me my Boi Kratos to the Game!)
4. Rollback Netcode
5. Western IP like Jonesy, Conker, Crazy Dave and Crash
6. Most Requested character like Rayman or Bandane Dee
7. Retro Rep like ExciteBiker or Mach Rider
8. New Modes
9. New Story Mode about Separation of Worlds
10. Most Requested 1st Party as Isaac or Akira Howard

Ivander

Smash Legend
Something I'm curious about your views. Some of us are hoping for more alternate costumes and the possibility of DLC alternate costumes next game, right?

What would your thoughts be if, for base game or during the DLC, they were to do a Character costume or Pseudo-Echo Fighter, like with Alph and the Koopalings? Or what if something similar to Street Fighter x Tekken where it's the character wearing another character's outfit? Would it depend on the character chosen? Would it be favourable or unfavorable?

And they don't necessarily have to be from the same series, like say, Link with Rex's outfit in Breath of the Wild.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I'd still prefer Kunio & Riki to Billy & Jimmy.

I know Double Dragon is more well known in NA. But River City was bigger in Japan. Had WAY more games. Had much BETTER games. And was the spiritual predecessor to Double Dragon.

I'll take some Billy & Jimmy Mii Brawlers though. Please and thank you.
Nothing wrong with that. Kunio and Riki fit too and fortunately for you, they already appear in Smash as spirits, so they at least got that going for them.

It's just that I have very minimum experience with the River City series as I've only played the original River City Ransom, whereas I played most of the Double Dragon games throughout the years. So naturally, I lean more toward them.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

for me:
  • if Joker returns, Violet. There is at least precedence with the Jane in Joker’s DLC file string that had a ponytail
  • Ninjara as a Min Min echo maybe, we don’t have a male echo for a female original fighter yet. If you wanna go semi-clone instead of full echo I’d pick Dr. Coyle
Disagree on Violet and Roxas because imo they are far far too different to make as an echo of their respective bases. Maybe a semi clone but I think that is pushing it. Jane stuff was likely worked on much earlier, since there is evidence that originally Violet would have been a FeMC instead of just a party member in Royal but this was scrapped in development.

If I had to name a few free echoes, here is what I would go with.
  • Dixie Kong
  • Octoling
  • Black Shadow
  • Impa
  • Ninten
  • Medusa
  • Shadow
  • Ms Pac Man

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I Disagree with that

While Roxas is portrayed with 2 Keyblades recently, Roxas in 358 and the beginning of 2 has him with the exact same stance and moves as Sora.
When you think of what Roxas' iconic moments are, it is with his two Keyblades. When he comes back in 3, his boss fight in 2FM, his fight against Axel, or the scene where we literally meet Roxas in KH1/FM's secret ending showing him with his two keyblades, it would seem that that is what they would be more likely to go with.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I think we are going to get a retro rep like Q-bert or Frogger. They are iconic to gaming history. Fingers crossed for Ms. Pacman though I think that is less likely than Q-bert or Frogger.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
To elaborate further as to why Black Knight as an Ike echo makes absolutely zero sense and shouldn't be so much as entertained...

The basis of the suggestion comes from the fact that both Ike and the Black Knight were taught by Greil. That literally does not matter. Not only are their two sword styles canonically very different, but if having the same teacher mattered, Lilina (a mage, by the way) should be a Roy echo. After all, they were both taught by Cecilia. We could go even further! By this logic, Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude would all work as Byleth echoes because Byleth taught each of them! Never mind how that makes absolutely no sense and is completely out of character!

But beyond that, the single biggest issue that hasn't been stated enough is that...

Black Knight is an armored unit. Ike is an infantry unit.

Fire Emblem as a franchise has four major movement types for its various classes: Infantry (foot soldiers with only light armor), Cavalry (units who fight on horseback), Flying (units who fight while airborne), and Armored (units who fight on foot with heavy plated armor).

The distinction between these four is made clear throughout the series. Infantry units are the standard but also have a wider variety of classes available. Cavalry have a larger movement range but are impeded by terrain features like forests. Flying units are unimpeded by terrain but have more common weapons that are super effective against them (bows and wind magic). Armored units are slow, have low movement, and are heavy (in games with build and constitution anyway), but have skyhigh defense and sometimes a skill like Pavise. The only time there's been any real case of overlap is with one specific class line: the Great Knight, which is both Armored and Cavalry.

Besides the aforementioned case of the Great Knight (and if you want to really split hairs, the Conqueror, which is just Walhart's personal Great Knight equivalent), these four are always portrayed very differently. This is why it legitimately makes no real sense for Ike, an Infantry unit, to have Black Knight, an Armored unit, as an echo.

Black Knight is one of the faster armor units in the series and he's still a massive, hulking monster of a man wearing enough armor to defend a small village. You would need to change so much about him to have him fit Ike, including but not limited to reducing his size, completely foregoing his own animations, being totally okay with him clipping into himself while while trying to do Ike's animations, making him significantly faster than he's ever canonically been depicted, and in general removing every last thing that made him such a memorable character.

Do you see the way his Assist Trophy was depicted? That's the Black Knight. A sable clad monster of a man who strikes fear into the hearts of those he draws his sword against, as he slowly lumbers over to them and borderline bludgeons them with a single swing of his blade. A man who doesn't so much as flinch at the swings thrown at him due to the massive weight and stability of his enchanted armor. A demon who bursts out of a village door and oops, now Oscar is dead because he and his horse got turned into mincemeat. A force of sheer terror who lets you know that you may outrun him, but not forever. And the second you let up, it's over for you. Because he will never stop his pursuit of you if you're his target.

And absolutely none of that would be retained by forcing him into an echo of Ike.

"but Dark Samus!"

Gonna stop you right there. Making Black Knight an Ike echo makes the Dark Samus situation feel as seamless as Richter echoing Simon. This isn't like Dark Samus being a Samus echo. This is like King K. Rool being a Yoshi echo.
This. Holy **** this. Ever since the clones were branded as Echo Fighters, I've seen people just be quick to slap the echo label to anyone regardless of whether it makes sense or not.

Take Malos as Shulk's echo which is an idea I will always be against. The basis for that is "Malos has a Monado." Well, the only thing I could see Malos copy 1:1 from Shulk would be the way Monado arts are handled in Smash. But everything else from the way they fight, to physical appearance is flat out impossible.

Lyncario

Smash Ace

1. Waluigi
  3. A Splatoon idol group
Personaly, I would say

1. Tom Nook
  2. Ring Fit Trainer
  3. Akira Howard/Legionis
  4. The usual new guy/gal from FE and Pokemon, but also add Xenoblade to this list from now on
That's my realistic expectations for 1st party newcomers outside of a reboot. There's some others I find likely, but those 3/6 are the ones I think of as safe bets. From the 3rd party side, there's some I think as likely, but Smash speculation often shows us that predicting 3rd party content in Smash is way harder to do.
When you think of what Roxas' iconic moments are, it is with his two Keyblades. When he comes back in 3, his boss fight in 2FM, his fight against Axel, or the scene where we literally meet Roxas in KH1/FM's secret ending showing him with his two keyblades, it would seem that that is what they would be more likely to go with.
Adding to this, it would be very easy to make Roxas a sort of semi-clone where he shares a bunch of his attributes and moves with Sora, but they're the KH2 version of them instead of the KH1 (so firaga isn't a projectile but an aoe that goes around him, and the counter could also be replaced by reflect while giving a similar result).

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I feel like Jonesy is bound to happen sooner or later.

Does anyone think we'll get a playable indie game character?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
We're not even past 20 pages and I see people state Dixie Kong and Impa should be Echo Fighters. 🤦🏼‍♂️

No!

These characters wouldn't fight like Diddy or Sheik at all.

Dixie Kong should be a lightweight grappling sort of character, way more floaty and somewhat slower and lighter than Diddy, and have her very own Helicopter Spin mechanic, and a different grab mechanic.

Impa, based on her last appearance in Age of Calamity, where she should be based off to mix with the new BotW design for Link, has a short kodachi as weapon, and a clone mechanic making her way different from Sheik.

Sure, their character model and certain stats would probably be somewhat similar to Diddy and Dixie, but they shouldn't be Echo Fighters. At the bare minimum, they could be semi clones.

Black Knight and Ike is also a absurd idea.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
We're not even past 20 pages and I see people state Dixie Kong and Impa should be Echo Fighters. 🤦🏼‍♂️

No!

Dixie Kong should be a lightweight grappling sort of character, way more floaty and somewhat slower and lighter than Diddy, and have her very own Helicopter Spin mechanic, and a different grab mechanic.

Impa, based on her last appearance in Age of Calamity, where she should be based off to mix with the new BotW design for Link, has a short kodachi as weapon, and a clone mechanic making her way different from Sheik.

Sure, their character model and certain stats would probably be somewhat similar to Diddy and Dixie, but they shouldn't be Echo Fighters. At the bare minimum, they could be semi clones.

Honestly, I'd rather Impa be an echo using a mainline appearance than unique using her age of calamity appearance. I really don't like how she's portrayed in that game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Honestly, I'd rather Impa be an echo using a mainline appearance than unique using her age of calamity appearance. I really don't like how she's portrayed in that game.
I slightly prefer the more stoic versions of Impa as she appeared before, but it seems this version of Impa is simply more popular. There has never been as much demand, or fan art of her before Age of Calamity, and ability-wise, she got the most to offer.

I do admit that Ocarina of Time Impa especially would make for a good Echo of Sheik, cause in canon, Impa learned Zelda how to Sheikah. Skyward Sword Impa is already quite different, but could draw some basic inspiration of Sheik, due to not fighting with a weapon. A semi clone could work.

But the reason I say Calamity Impa version is because she's the most recent, most popular, best source of abilities, and mixes best with the looks of the Zelda cast.

Speaking of, I think they should definitely add alternative versions of the Zelda cast, and make those Echoes if there's a noticable difference, as for example Hero of Time Link, with normal bombs and a Hookshot grab.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Something the infinite thread got me wondering: how would people feel if the next Smash game completely broke the "Main Character first" pattern? I know Volume 2 experimented with a few edge cases, but I'm saying unambiguously side characters. Papyrus before Frisk, Dragaux before RFA, Vergil before Dante, etc. I'd personally be more than OK with it. It makes things more interesting, and more characters are on the table.

silenthunder

3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
Something the infinite thread got me wondering: how would people feel if the next Smash game completely broke the "Main Character first" pattern? I know Volume 2 experimented with a few edge cases, but I'm saying unambiguously side characters. Papyrus before Frisk, Dragaux before RFA, Vergil before Dante, etc. I'd personally be more than OK with it. It makes things more interesting, and more characters are on the table.
I don't really like created characters being portrayed in 8 pallet swaps. I would choose a major character in a series over one of them. Like Johnny Gat over the Saints Row Playa.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Depends on the characters. I’d absolutely take Papyrus over Frisk, but Vergil before Dante just wouldn’t feel right imo.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Vergil would only be in the Special Edition though. :4pacman:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

No!

Yes, and Dark Samus fights exactly like Samus. The point of an echo isnt whether a character should fight like someone else. It is whether animation and skeleton wise the character makes sense. Objectively, Dark Samus fights nothing like the Samus we have in Smash in Prime 2 or 3, and she fights like Samus in smash. The fact remains skeleton wise Dixie is a dead ringer for Diddy and Impa using Sheik as a base makese sense given they are both sheika. As a result, it would not be weird if they were to end up as echos, even if you would want them unique.

Even then, Dixie getting in is personally something I have noticed is almost entirely a Smashboards only suggestion post K Rool, so I could easily see Dixie getting the short end of the stick and not even being on the radar as an echo.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500

for me:
Definitely agree on both Octoling and Roxas. Both could also work as unique fighters. And I'd probably add Shadow to that pile of characters as well.

If Square Enix wants to continue shilling for VII/Remake, they could also bring in Zack as an echo to Cloud. Though I'd much prefer a character from a different Final Fantasy or Square Enix property.

Also, I know this probably won't happen, but I would love it if they de-echoed Chrom and made Lucina echo her father in the next game.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Before the next Smash Bros comes out, I want to make it my mission to become familiar with every playable character in Smash.

I have no idea how with the likes of Ike and Solid Snake, but I'll figure something out.
What systems do you have? Metal Gear Solid 3 is on the 3DS - Solid Snake isn't the player character in that game, but it could work as an introduction to the series.

Also, what characters are you unfamiliar with aside from those two?

Top Bottom