• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Mega Man rep speculation

Who should the next Mega Man rep be?

• Bass: So we can have more villains.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone else: Please specify.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yoyomom

Smash Rookie
A topic speculating who the next Mega Man rep in Smash should be, whether it's Ultimate or a hypothetical new one.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
While I don't think we will get another Mega Man rep or any other 3rd party secondary reps in Ultimate, I would love to see Zero or Tron Bonne get in especially both in the future. If it was up to me, both Zero and Tron Bonne would be in the roster.

Last edited:

Yoyomom

Smash Rookie
While I don't think we will get another Mega Man rep or any other 3rd party secondary reps in Ultimate, I would love to see Zero or Tron Bonne get in especially both in the future. If it was up to me, both Zero and Tron Bonne would be in the roster.
Let me vote for Tron Bonne on your behalf.

QQS

Smash Lord
Zero from Mega Man X. One of my favorite characters ever and one of my most wanted after Geno and Skull Kid.

Though I don’t think another non-echo second rep is happening. The only spot I can see happening for that theory is Tails or Eggman as a Second Non Echo Rep of Sonic franchise.

Long live Mega Man by the way, my favorite franchise together with Zelda. And long live Geno, my most wanted dream newcomer ever (before him it was Mega Man, I will never forget that day when Mega Man joined the battle).

ZelDan

Smash Master
Honestly, I'd be happy with X, Zero, Protoman, Bass, or even Roll. I'm pretty flexible when it comes to getting another Megaman rep.

Though I'm not really confident we will get another Megaman character in Ultimate, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
You know, I've always wondered about this. Mega Man definitely has the story to warrant more reps, but there's so many ways they could go with it. If they want to stick with the Classic games, next in line is probably Dr. Wily for the villain factor, or alternatively Proto Man as the deuteragonist (plus it's easier to base on Mega Man). After them, I could see Bass or Roll.

But Mega Man has such a long history with spin-offs, it'd be a shame not to showcase that. Obviously the big one is Mega Man X. But do they do X? He has his differences from Rock, but in the eyes of many he'd be redundant. Do they skip X and go straight to Zero? And what about the other side-series. Will we ever see Volnutt, or Tron? Star Force and Battle Network representation? It's quite the conundrum.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I’m honestly really bad at Mega Man games and never beat a single one. But that won’t stop me from appreciating them and loving them. Roll is definitely one of my top three most wanted for this game. It would be fun to see a character use little more than a broom and a blaster in their kit. I also think Roll is just a very cute character design.
X 1was the closest I came to beating a Mega Man game, and the main reason I want X is to see powers from his games. Not to mention his potential for alt colors.
Bass and Wily could make good additions. I’d more so like to see Bass but both of them would be pretty cool.
And Protoman could be really good because they can keep the majority of Mega Man’s moveset the same, but may change a few of the powers for Proto Man.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
My personal pick would probably be X; Mega Man's moveset is pretty reliant on Classic special weapons, and X could spice it up with the MMX ones, even more so if he gains armor attacks or somesuch, with all the ones he has. Though I'd say, if they went for Zero, I'd also understand, he's been pretty prominent in crossovers that have the MM series already (MvC3 and TvC to name a few) and he could also have a cool moveset, would be pretty contrasting with Mega Man's since Zero focuses on melee fighting aside from the Z-Buster (if they even give him that one, though iirc MvC3 did).

Dr. Wily is also an interesting pick, and would serve well as a "villain" character. I'd suppose they'd base him off the many capsule battles with him in the series.

But yeah, as mentioned above, Mega Man as a franchise has so many picks that'd make sense that I'd be happy with anyone, Proto Man, Bass, Roll, Dr. Wily, X, Zero, EXE, etc, I'd make a really long list here, haha. It just depends on what they wanna use... If they go for one, anyway. I'm not sure we'll see another this soon (maybe next game?) but I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Here's my own random take - Vent or Aile from the ZX series. Whilst not exactly a popular series, the mechanic of being able to switch between the various Biometals, essentially giving them the opportunity to play as the Four Guardians, Zero or X as well as themselves, has a hell of a lot of moveset potential!

My own personal picks would be either Bass or MMZ Zero, though.

Top Bottom