• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newegg.com LANFEST 2k7: Ontario, CA--October 6

The Game II

Smash Champion
The finals are about to begin in (hopefully) the next few minutes. Everything's getting set up.

And I'm sitting next to one speaker on the left and another speaker on the right. My hearing might go out by the time the match is over.

--GCII

manacloud1

Smash Champion
man

what an interesting weekend for me. First I had to re-fight hugs and the matches were so close, but i lost, but congrats to all the winners.

I gotta say this tourney was the most memorable weekend for me because of newegg and all those companies handing out prizes like candy. Especially when the amd guy only had two of their new amd processors which were top of the line quality overclocked processors. Meaning they dont burn out and u can clock them till the max and they wont burn out.

Only two were available and then he spun around like a maniac and just threw them in all directions. I jumped up got hit in the face and landed and got it and this processor is valued at 1000 bucks. Too good =). It made my day. So thank you everyone for hosting the smash tourney, arash and jinmaster, and thanks to newegg for being number one. Ken's speakers also own =).

FluffyNeko

Smash Rookie
No kidding on handing out prizes like candy. Our friend Belialtheinsane won almost a whole computer in parts and then got a full Shuttle computer at the end of Saturday.

Next time I'm definitely staying longer to try to win some more stuff. Boo to work and needing to leave early. ><

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hey

No kidding on handing out prizes like candy. Our friend Belialtheinsane won almost a whole computer in parts and then got a full Shuttle computer at the end of Saturday.

Next time I'm definitely staying longer to try to win some more stuff. Boo to work and needing to leave early. ><
u see that one guy who did the swat and won the 7000 dollar power case only one made in the world. I talked to him at the end of the event and he was still crying. lol. Still though , new egg is too good even though smash is just a side event.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Yeah if I didn't have to run around covering the tournaments I probably would have just stayed near the main stage the whole time. What was it, $25 to get in? People made out like it was Christmas.

With all the things they were giving away, you could have probably built a computer. We need more tourneys that give away free stuff every 30 seconds for two days straight.

--GCII

Tritan

Smash Cadet
Haha seriously. I got a copy of halo 3 for just playing ddr on the main stage the worst I've ever played. Somehow they figured that was worth a 60$ game? I'm a-ok with that! Props to newegg for hosting a killer event.

FluffyNeko

Smash Rookie
u see that one guy who did the swat and won the 7000 dollar power case only one made in the world. I talked to him at the end of the event and he was still crying. lol. Still though , new egg is too good even though smash is just a side event.
O.O Holy cow. I would be crying for two days straight if I won a 7000 case. Tritan and I only stayed until Saturday night cause we have work Sunday. Now I wish we stayed Sunday too. Posting from work 4tw ~_~

manacloud1

Smash Champion
at the end of the event

Haha seriously. I got a copy of halo 3 for just playing ddr on the main stage the worst I've ever played. Somehow they figured that was worth a 60$ game? I'm a-ok with that! Props to newegg for hosting a killer event.
towards the end of the event, they had like about 5 copies of gears of war one flew my way and i grabbed it and it slipped and went towards this other guy who caught it =(. I didnt own a 360 but i mean a 60 dollar game giveaway? I mean wow , new egg went crazy this year.

The Game II

Smash Champion
They had a DDR contest? fuuuuuuuuuuck

--GCII

Tritan

Smash Cadet
Yeah. :D On Friday just after the opening ceremony "Farook" picked people out of the crowd to play on those soft mats. It was a pretty bad setup but it was more of a reason to just give out prizes than an actual competition. One of the numerous main stage "fun" events that resulted in INCREDIBLY good prizes. The winner got a signed 8800 GTS from PNY. haha. Unbelievable.

Anyone know if results will be posted at the lanfest site?

Red_Revival

Smash Cadet
At the last minute when i was deciding whether to go or not, i was like meh too far. WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING!:mad:

prizes like candy?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

so who won?

Tritan

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm assuming ken (Nekromancer) due to mana's post saying his speaker system was pretty sweet. That was one of the first place prizes for the smash tournament. ;) Haven't seen an official post on it yet though.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
results

Well, I'm assuming ken (Nekromancer) due to mana's post saying his speaker system was pretty sweet. That was one of the first place prizes for the smash tournament. ;) Haven't seen an official post on it yet though.
the results were

placings

1)Ken - 1000 bucks , plus logictec speakers valued at 150 and a rosewill digital picture frame valued at 60 bucks

2)hugs - 500 bucks plus a valentine camera valued at 70 bucks plus a memory for cameras valued at 15 to 30 dollars

3)dsf - 300 bucks, game controller, flash memory

4) me - nothing , except i got a 1000 dollar processor from the giveaways

Red_Revival

Smash Cadet
EXCEPT?!

i see i see. I'm wondering which characters Alex used? Does he still play sheik against Ken's Marth? **** i shoulda went. I payed the **** $25 fee. oh well, no complaining now.

congrats to the winners.

Top Bottom