• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Newcomer Support Thread Directory (Check here before making one)

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I noticed that someone has made a second Freddy Fazbear Support Thread, but we already have one. Should we let them know?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I noticed that someone has made a second Freddy Fazbear Support Thread, but we already have one. Should we let them know?

It was locked since then. Tis all good~

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Made a Sukapon thread cause for some godforsaken reason we didn't have one yet

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

It's Machamp!

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman

Thread for the best game character of all time, the Chrome T-Rex---

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Somebody made a support thread for Corvo Attano from Dishonored:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ana (Earthbound) support thread isn't on the directory.
For the record, the series is already listed as Mother. Just in case you're wondering why it looks weird.

Admittedly it could be gone through to be updated on specific series' names. As long as they're consistent, it doesn't matter, though.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Support thread for Mr. Resetti created.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
There's a Carmen Sandiego Support Thread, but it's not on the list.

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
Made a thread for Jak and Daxter a bit ago, so here it is.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Found two more threads.

Evil Mario (Super Fighter M):

Notte (Dragalia Lost):

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I have a few questions:

1. Once the Final Video Presentation for Ultimate drops, will this forum be closed?
2. IF, by some chance, an Ultimate Deluxe is announced, will it be reopened?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Would it be a good idea to just have a thread sorta like RTC, but for just trying to sell you on a character? As in, every couple days, it would cycle through characters, describe who they are, what they could bring, how they would play, etc. I think it would be a cool way to try and introduce people to new characters and games, since RTC is mainly focused on the rating, with the wants being more of a side thing.
Y'know what? I'm gonna see if I can bring this back. The newcomer thread's gotten pretty stagnant as of late, and the reason most commonly cited is the inability to talk about anyone beyond a small bubble of characters we've already discussed many times over. I'm hoping this can liven things up a bit.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Y'know what? I'm gonna see if I can bring this back. The newcomer thread's gotten pretty stagnant as of late, and the reason most commonly cited is the inability to talk about anyone beyond a small bubble of characters we've already discussed many times over. I'm hoping this can liven things up a bit.
So we've discussed this a little, and so far we seem to have...
  1. The current name we seem to be sticking with is "Character/Fighter Exploration Thread"
  2. Every couple days, it focuses on certain characters. People can discuss movesets, stages, the character's backstory, the series itself, basically just anything relating to the character
  3. A noms system like in RTC would be implemented to encourage people to stick around, even if they don't know/care about the character that much. Five would be the minimum; More would be awarded for writeups, gameplay concepts (Movesets, stages, etc.), and asking questions about the character and related topics
  4. To avoid A: People cramming a bunch of questions into their posts at once, and B: Not have people take questions before another could ask them, you can ask only one question per post. After that, you need to wait for people to ask a couple more questions (2-3?) before you can ask yours. Other nom-worthy posts like unprompted (Re: Not responding to a question) movesets or writeups can lower that wait as well

SharkLord

Smash Hero
And it's up!

Top Bottom