• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Newcomer Support Thread Directory (Check here before making one)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've just looked through the directory and apparently the Pokemon Trainer doesn't have a thread yet. Is it okay to make a support thread for them as I just kind of came up with something for him/her?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've just looked through the directory and apparently the Pokemon Trainer doesn't have a thread yet. Is it okay to make a support thread for them as I just kind of came up with something for him/her?
Of course. Keep in mind the regular Trainer wasn't really a playable character, while the other 3 were, which is why nobody made a thread.

The question is, do you intend to give them a moveset, or is it support for a regular Pokemon that just happens to have that Trainer as part of the background? The former should be a PT thread. The latter is more or less support for the other Pokemon overall.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Of course. Keep in mind the regular Trainer wasn't really a playable character, while the other 3 were, which is why nobody made a thread.

The question is, do you intend to give them a moveset, or is it support for a regular Pokemon that just happens to have that Trainer as part of the background? The former should be a PT thread. The latter is more or less support for the other Pokemon overall.
Well I thought about having them use the Ride pager item introduced in the Pokemon Sun and Moon games which would involve them being involved in battle themselves rather than what they did in Brawl, so yes, they would have their own moveset, if there already is an existing Pokemon Trainer thread I'll be happy to share my thoughts and idea's there.

Edit:

Welp, decided to bite the bullet. Here's the Pokemon Trainer support thread.
https://smashboards.com/threads/the...ttle-pokémon-trainer-for-smash-switch.452029/

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Can I make a suggestion? Can the first post be edited so the support threads are organized per series?
like this:
Mario series characters:
x
x
x

Zelda series characters
x
x
x

Retro characters
x
x
x

others
x
x
x

Can I make a suggestion? Can the first post be edited so the support threads are organized per series?
like this:
Mario series characters:
x
x
x

Zelda series characters
x
x
x

Retro characters
x
x
x

others
x
x
x
Probably going to keep things as is. Alphabetical order makes things easier to find by name (which is sort if the point), and if you want to look by series, ctrl+f works just fine since every character is tagged with their series.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As I said in the topic, threads should be to support a single playable character instead of a group from a series, unless said group is a full playable character as a team. I.E. Ice Climbers. Scorpion and Sub-Zero are two separate characters and should have their own unique support threads.

I replied on other notes within the topic itself.

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
No I... I don't think so. I don't think anyone said that.
Or wanted that.
Ever.
But hey, I like Overwatch, so I guess I'll check it out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
i didnt multipost my character
No, you multiposted on the thread instead of editing the current messages. I merged those 3 posts(hence why your post count is lower). Please do not double/triple/etc. post and just edit any changes in.

D

Deleted member

I didn't see a thread for a Nintendo Labo character so I made one for the Toy-Con robot here.

D

Deleted member

Not that I'm planning on making a thread or anything (seriously, I'm not), but I am curious about one thing.

Would a thread for a Fate character be allowed due to Extella coming to Switch, or does the series fall under "not a video game" due to the fact it originated as a visual novel?
Maybe we'll see something like that in the future...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Is there a Support Thread for the Rabbit from the Badge Arcade? I haven't seen one, but he goes by 50 or so names, so I might have missed it.

Last edited:

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
Does Whispy Woods have a thread? I checked the directory and manually searched for one so I'm 98% sure there isn't, but I figured I'd close out that last 2% just to be extra sure.

Top Bottom