• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Newcomer Support Thread Directory (Check here before making one)

Unfortunately, this link is broken - it just points to this thread.

I also like how this has been here for a while, and nobody has commented on it. Good on you, whoever added that extra bit to the end - A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , I presume? :laugh:
Fixed the link

. . .and yes it was me. I don't remember if I added that before or after I knew what April fools would be, but let's call it a nice hint for now :p

D

Deleted member

Not that I'm planning on making a thread or anything (seriously, I'm not), but I am curious about one thing.

Would a thread for a Fate character be allowed due to Extella coming to Switch, or does the series fall under "not a video game" due to the fact it originated as a visual novel?

Not that I'm planning on making a thread or anything (seriously, I'm not), but I am curious about one thing.

Would a thread for a Fate character be allowed due to Extella coming to Switch, or does the series fall under "not a video game" due to the fact it originated as a visual novel?
I am not even remotely knowledgeable about the series, but wikipedia tells me the first part of its origin is from a computer game which I would assume would fit?

I would ask if someone were to make the thread to use their best judgement based on the rules already in place.

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
Aight, so I made a Skull Kid thread. Just thought that was worth mentioning, :201l::201o::201l:

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
As far as I can tell, no sir. But you should check for yourself before making it.

D

Deleted member

If threads for alternate versions of characters aren't allowed period, the fact Ganon was allowed his own thread when he's already in Smash in his "Ganondorf" state and has the "Ganon" state as a Final Smash is hypocritical.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You might as well go ahead and lock the Paper Mario support thread and other such similar threads too while you're at it, why would this be a rule in the first place when we've already had multiple counterpart characters in Smash to begin with?
:linkmelee::younglinkmelee::4mario::4drmario::4zelda::4sheik::4samus::4zss:

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, looks like I accidentally made a difference in the world. Now the rule's rescinded, can we have this on the directory? Either under Odyssey Mario or Mario (Odyssey ver.)

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played the game yet, so I'm reluctant to make the thread. But the protagonist from Ever Oasis could be interesting.

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
Hey, uh, the link used for Skull Kid's thread is for the Style Savvy girl instead. Might want to fix that...
https://smashboards.com/threads/masked-marauder-skull-kid-for-smash.447531/

Here's the link to the actual thread.
Hey, thanks for catching that!
I want people to be able to find my thread : p

and knuckles
IT'S TAKEN ME SO LONG TO NOTICE THIS BUT I'M GLAD I DID!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Hey, since it doesn't seem like anyone else is going to do it other than one guy who didn't make a thread that fit guidelines, can I go ahead and claim a Shadow thread?

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
Since the Roster thread doesn't allow discussion and the speculation thread is only for predictions. Can I make an Ideal Smash 5 Roster Discussion thread?

Since the Roster thread doesn't allow discussion and the speculation thread is only for predictions. Can I make an Ideal Smash 5 Roster Discussion thread?
The roster thread is already for ideal threads.

The only time I shut down the roster thread is when things get heated (like last time) or when it entirely stops being about rosters and I ask that it be moved to the speculation thread.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
The roster thread is already for ideal threads.

The only time I shut down the roster thread is when things get heated (like last time) or when it entirely stops being about rosters and I ask that it be moved to the speculation thread.
I'm talking about a thread where it can "get heated" if getting heated means a civilized discussion where people talk about the ideal roster.

I'm talking about a thread where it can "get heated" if getting heated means a civilized discussion where people talk about the ideal roster.
"getting heated" is not allowed on smashboards.

There is no point of insults or being rude. There is no place where that would be acceptable. Civilized discussion, fine but that isn't what has happened so I (or other staff) have had to put the conversations on hold.

The roster thread for roster discussion and the general thread for speculation is what you are looking for.

LunchmanJ

Smash Journeyman
"getting heated" is not allowed on smashboards.

There is no point of insults or being rude. There is no place where that would be acceptable. Civilized discussion, fine but that isn't what has happened so I (or other staff) have had to put the conversations on hold.

The roster thread for roster discussion and the general thread for speculation is what you are looking for.
There's no secret meaning here. I genuinely want civilized discussion about rosters, but that isn't allowed in the roster thread (unless it is. is it?)

D

Deleted member

It has come to my attention that the thread owner for Waluigi has left Smashboards never to return.

May I take over as the owner?

Top Bottom