• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer Stock Icons

Should I create a icon Discord or Reddit to place all of these

• Reddit

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Discord

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Both

Votes: 46 54.8%

• Total voters

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
Manondork next time you’re free, add Chell, Gordon Freeman, and XXXTentacion (lol) to your list.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Yep, I can do both of those. Looks like that Sub-Zero is in either his classic or Mortal Kombat 9 design, but frosty boy didn't get too many changes in his helmet design over the years so I'm unsure. That being said, Scorpion has gone through many redesigns of his signature headwear, so now I must ask...Which Scorpion design are you looking for?
I guess his most recent Klassic design from MKX

Last edited:

Bea Santello

Smash Rookie
Okay, I'm gonna get back into the stock creating game, guys. I'm going to do all the requests that have been most recently made. If I'm correct, they are...

. Bea (Night in the Woods)
. Catherine
. Thrall
. Zeratul
. Vinesauce Vinny
. Freddi Fish
. Tiz (Bravely Default)
. Sir Arthur (probably the one from Ghosts 'n' Goblins but I'm unsure)
. Tin Star (I dunno for this one either but I think he's a movie character?)

Let me know if I missed any requests, I plan on making a ton of icons for the poor people who've been waiting for so long for them.

Aww, sweet thanks!!

All right, so I wasn't able to finish all of the requests yet (I'll pump out more tomorrow), but I did manage to knock out seven tonight, all of which I'm quite happy with.

Bea (Night in the Woods):
(I had to do a side profile because there wasn't really a good front view image)

Freddi Fish:
(same reason for side profile as Bea)

Thrall:

Zeratul:
(return of the cursed white fuzz, ugh; aside from that I'm actually quite proud of this. It was probably my most complex one to do yet.)

Catherine:

Vinesauce Vinny:
(Vinny seems to commonly wear his question block hat so I gave him it, hope I did him justice)

Sir Arthur:
(Please let me know if it's not the Arthur you were talking about, requestor)

So, if I'm not missing anyone, that means all I have left is Tiz from Bravely Default, Galleom, Dracula, Rathalos, and Tin Star. Again, don't be afraid to @ me if you want to request something for me to do! I'm back in the business for real now, ladies and gentlemen.

I love Bea's side! That's her iconic face! lol.
Vinny looks PERFECT.
and Catherine.... Can be better, but you did your best!

How do I type Bea icon in my comment?

Last edited:

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
Aww, sweet thanks!!

I love Bea's side! That's her iconic face! lol.
Vinny looks PERFECT.
and Catherine.... Can be better, but you did your best!

How do I type Bea icon in my comment?
If you mean putting the image in your signature or something like that, then just copy the image address of the Bea Icon, click the image icon in the tool bar (the rectangle with the mountains and sun on it), post the URL (make sure you clicked on where you want it first) and then bam! Its there :) Hope that helped!

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I'm gonna get back into the stock creating game, guys. I'm going to do all the requests that have been most recently made. If I'm correct, they are...

. Catherine
. Thrall
. Zeratul
. Vinesauce Vinny
. Freddi Fish
. Tiz (Bravely Default)

Let me know if I missed any requests, I plan on making a ton of icons for the poor people who've been waiting for so long for them.
You are awesome.

Tin Star is from a SNES super scope game, Nintendo owned and published

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Today and tonight was a bit slow for me in total, fellas. I made the Dwight, Tiz, and Galleom icons, but have yet to resize them and I also need to finish the rest of the ones I have. I just thought I'd do a little status update and let you all know that I finished three of the requests I'm taking on. Also, thank you everyone for telling me who Tin Star is, he's the first one I'll be doing tomorrow. So, the current list goes:

. Tin Star
. Dracula
. Rathalos
. CandyMan
. Gordon Ramsay
. Klassic Scorpion
. Chell
. Gordon Freeman
. XXXTENTACION

And that shouuuld be it. Let me know if I missed anyone or if you all want to add to the list.

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman

. Catherine
. Thrall
. Zeratul
. Vinesauce Vinny
. Freddi Fish
. Tiz (Bravely Default)

Paper Bowser from Paper Mario
Baker Mario from Yoshi's Cookie,
and Rosie the Cat from Animal Crossing

Pakky

Smash Hero
Manondork Manondork Great work as always bro!

Holding it down, and putting in fine work. On another note,this weekend was a little busy but the list will be updated.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Si, if someone wants to make request, I have an odd one : Mario's head from Mario teaches typing.

Last edited:

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
All right, so I'm adding the Mario head, Paper Bowser, Baker Mario, Rosie the Cat, the three Jambastion mages of Kirby Star Allies, and Owain/Odin to the list? Cool. That means the list is now...

. Tin Star
. Dracula
. Rathalos
. CandyMan
. Gordon Ramsay
. Klassic Scorpion
. Chell
. Gordon Freeman
. XXXTENTACION
. Paper Bowser
. Baker Mario
. Mario Head
. Rosie the Cat
. Franciska
. Flamberge
. Zan Partizanne

I also need to show those icons of Tiz, Dwight, and Galleom that I made last night, but I'll finish all the requests first.

Wow Manondork Manondork you're the man, these all look great!

If you've still got time I'd love to get one for Owain/Odin from Fire Emblem.

Out of curiosity, how do you make these? I'd love to be able to give back and help but I'm not sure where to start.
Hey, appreciate the suggestion to help out! I'm just a humble user of Microsoft Paint for the icons I make. If you want to get started, I would suggest using an image as heavy reference; what I do is I essentially take an image of a requested character, crop the image to where only the face is in the picture, and color over it to make it look like a stock icon. I could probably get a better method that gives higher quality icons, but, for now, this works wonders for me and allows me to get icons out real fast.

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
I'm not totally done yet, but screw it, I might as well post what I have done so far to give the good people a sort of status update.

Tiz:

Dwight:

Galleom:

Tin Star:

Klassic Scorpion:
(not as good quality as the Sub-Zero but I tried)

Dracula:
(I wanted to make this a regular front profile but I just couldn't get it to look right)

Rathalos:
(probably the toughest one I've done in a while, but I'm quite proud of it, looks quite similar to Ridley)

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Hey, appreciate the suggestion to help out! I'm just a humble user of Microsoft Paint for the icons I make. If you want to get started, I would suggest using an image as heavy reference; what I do is I essentially take an image of a requested character, crop the image to where only the face is in the picture, and color over it to make it look like a stock icon. I could probably get a better method that gives higher quality icons, but, for now, this works wonders for me and allows me to get icons out real fast.
wow that sounds way easier than I would have guessed, I won't be able to try it this week because I'll be out of town but if I can figure it out I might try my hand at a few requests next week.

Bea Santello

Smash Rookie
If you mean putting the image in your signature or something like that, then just copy the image address of the Bea Icon, click the image icon in the tool bar (the rectangle with the mountains and sun on it), post the URL (make sure you clicked on where you want it first) and then bam! Its there :) Hope that helped!
Ah Thnk you!!

Ingenious!

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2810-4113-1684
Switch FC
SW 8436 9508 1692
Ah Thnk you!!
No problem! Im glad I was able to help ^-^
Also EEE! My Boy!
I love him than you! (quick question tho, is it ok if in the future I clean it up a bit to get rid of the white?) I also want as many CandyMan´s as I can get so if I may, request more of Candyman but from other artists? (Thank you if you do!)

Manondork

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gamespeopleplay
3DS FC
1607-1414-7791
Switch FC
SW-5378-6419-6394
Also EEE! My Boy!
I love him than you! (quick question tho, is it ok if in the future I clean it up a bit to get rid of the white?) I also want as many CandyMan´s as I can get so if I may, request more of Candyman but from other artists? (Thank you if you do!)
The white fuzz wasn't intentional, just a byproduct of the website I use for making the icons I create transparent. So yeah, I'm totally okay with you doing that, man, let that be said for everyone who had icons made for them that had the unfortunate fate of getting that terrible white fuzz.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I have only one request. Tom Nook. I'd make him myself, but idk how. Seems simple enough, but idk. Any tips how to do this in like Photoshop or something?

HaunterSpencer

Smash Cadet
NNID
HaunterSpencer
3DS FC
3583-3585-6107
Could you maybe decrease the size to a 30x30 or 40x40? It helps fit the icons in our signatures. Looks really good tho
NO prob :>
I had trouble resizing these because its not vector lol, I made it in Clip Studio rather than Adobe Illustrate
I *might* also post icons for his alts, maybe represent it with a colored pixelated heart same w/ Pacman

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
Could someone please make a Glover (Nintendo 64) icon if you have the time? Thank you!

Last edited:

Bea Santello

Smash Rookie
The white fuzz wasn't intentional, just a byproduct of the website I use for making the icons I create transparent. So yeah, I'm totally okay with you doing that, man, let that be said for everyone who had icons made for them that had the unfortunate fate of getting that terrible white fuzz.
Mind if I upload this Vinesauce icon in Vineboouro?

Top Bottom