• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer Stock Icons

Should I create a icon Discord or Reddit to place all of these

• Reddit

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Discord

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Both

Votes: 46 54.8%

• Total voters

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Just look for the light background and sexy legs. That's you.

I'm the one with the dark background and even sexier legs.
Thanks again for doing Amaterasu, whenever you have the time if it's not too much trouble could you resize the Amaterasu and Micaiah icons to the ones on the site? :ultlucina:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’d like to request Elma from Xenoblade X? Both her default appearance and
her True Form?

TheSmashMann

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
8266-1204-2526
I know It might not be Possible, but...

I would like to Request a possible Stock Icon for Frisk from Undertale and

Chara?

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Thanks again for doing Amaterasu, whenever you have the time if it's not too much trouble could you resize the Amaterasu and Micaiah icons to the ones on the site? :ultlucina:
Micaiah (Very Small).png
Amaterasu (Very Small).png
Hey, these work? (I should probably start making the second image I send smaller. I probably won't do that for any of the ones I made unless requested, but I'll do that from now on.)

Anyway, here's some more.

Elma.png
Elma (Small).png
Lloyd.png
Lloyd (Small).png
Wonder Red.png
Wonder Red (Small).png
Zael.png
Zael (Small).png

And these next two can be considered the same character.

Fiora.png
Fiora (Small).png
Mechon Fiora.png
Mechon Fiora (Small).png

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
I have a request for someone who can shrink this guy down to regular icon size. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hey, these work? (I should probably start making the second image I send smaller. I probably won't do that for any of the ones I made unless requested, but I'll do that from now on.)

Yes that's perfect thanks again:)

splat

Smash Lord
requests:

Bubsy
Tingle
PaRappa the Rapper
Camera Graffiti (Game Boy Camera error faces)
Jill (Drill Dozer)
Muddy Mole
Sutte Hakkun
Tin Star
Plok
Mad/Meidou (Wario's Woods)
Fang the Sniper
Mighty the Armadillo
Tails
Dr. Kawashima
Dribble and Spitz

I might try to draw some of these myself, but no promises.
Quoting this as posts like these are -to be frank- quite annoying and show why we need a tighter grip on requests. Not aimed at WWW per se, but what are you going to do with the fifteen (!) icons should someone make them? Are you seriously creating a roster with Bubsy? Or is it more like ‘lel, it’ll be fun to see him in this style’?

Consider this: even if a single icon takes half an hour, you’re asking people to invest (or waste, depending on your opinion) nearly eight hours of work into your requests. They’re hardly common requests anway, with only a handful of them have any semblence of making the roster. Requesting characters with little to no chance is fine, but you’re also drowning out many other posts. If person A requests one single icon, odds would drop to (1/16=not even) 4% if request B puts out a list like WWW’s.

It feels super unfair to those with a smaller wish list, and super annoying to those who make the icons as you’d probably just pump out yet another batch of characters if these icons are done, instantly filling up the request list. We can’t win.

Tl;dr: can we limit the amount of requests per person?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Quoting this as posts like these are -to be frank- quite annoying and show why we need a tighter grip on requests. Not aimed at WWW per se, but what are you going to do with the fifteen (!) icons should someone make them? Are you seriously creating a roster with Bubsy? Or is it more like ‘lel, it’ll be fun to see him in this style’?

Consider this: even if a single icon takes half an hour, you’re asking people to invest (or waste, depending on your opinion) nearly eight hours of work into your requests. They’re hardly common requests anway, with only a handful of them have any semblence of making the roster. Requesting characters with little to no chance is fine, but you’re also drowning out many other posts. If person A requests one single icon, odds would drop to (1/16=not even) 4% if request B puts out a list like WWW’s.

It feels super unfair to those with a smaller wish list, and super annoying to those who make the icons as you’d probably just pump out yet another batch of characters if these icons are done, instantly filling up the request list. We can’t win.

Tl;dr: can we limit the amount of requests per person?
Hmmm.
I see your point. I'll try to think of a way to handle the current request board. And I'll limit it to 3 requests per person.

Here's a question to the artists, does it matter that you do the requests that have been waiting the longest? I can limit the request board to only showing the 15 oldest request, limiting it to only 3 up there by one individual user at a time.
On the other had the request board was more of a suggestion board in my mind, as a source of inspiration when looking for a character to make an icon of. So the artists should never feel the need to do any of these and can just make what you want. I mean come on guys, you aren't getting paid so there's no reason anyone here should force you to make any.

Any thoughts about how to restructure it? Show only a few of the requests at a time? Or continue to list them all but label them as suggestions? Or something else? Seriously whatever benefits you guys.

(Edit: Also I'm behind on adding some icons to the front page. I will get to that!)

Last edited:

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Here's a few more, both personal wishes as well as some requests.
kp.png
kp copy.png
lyn.png
lyn copy.png
ting.png
ting copy.png
bk.png
bk copy.png

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
ALRIGHT!

First page completely up to date.
I've also changed the policy to only allow for three character requests per person at a time. Because of this some requests were knocked off the board because that person had already had requests done for them, but they can submit 3 more again.

Hopefully this helps the artists. If you have feedback let me know and we can make changes to help you out the most!

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Anybody else been having a lot of their sig's images break again? I had to completely scrap mine for the time being since nearly all of my icons were gone.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Anybody else been having a lot of their sig's images break again? I had to completely scrap mine for the time being since nearly all of my icons were gone.
Yeah, it just started today. And I can even see them in the "edit sig" page, just not on posts. Tried reuploading, but that didn't work...

splat

Smash Lord
Hoping these show up. If not, they're also in this imgur album. I've also included the two broken mini icons, Toadette and Sylux.

Tried to do a few requests: one of Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario , and did some of the requests that were at the top of the list. I used Jura for the Fossil Fighter hero (since Hero/Hunter has very unrealistic proportions), and Nibbles for the T-Rex. Yes, not exactly the same thing, but T-Rex is well... just a T-Rex.

Style is based on Olimar's helmet, by the way

EDIT: Super annoying, Smashboards. The images show up when I edit my post, but once I click 'Save' they break.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hoping these show up. If not, they're also in this imgur album. I've also included the two broken mini icons, Toadette and Sylux.

Tried to do a few requests: one of Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario , and did some of the requests that were at the top of the list. I used Jura for the Fossil Fighter hero (since Hero/Hunter has very unrealistic proportions), and Nibbles for the T-Rex. Yes, not exactly the same thing, but T-Rex is well... just a T-Rex.

EDIT: Super annoying, Smashboards. The images show up when I edit my post, but once I click 'Save' they break.
Yeah, also when you click on reply and Smashboards copies it to your text box, all the images are still perfectly viewable.
It seems today, all images being submitted are just straight up not working or something

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Thank you very much for these. I love them.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It looks pretty good already as a stock icon. What more would you want to be done to it?
Unless you just want someone to make it tiny?
Yeah like that lol.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yeah like that lol.

here's a few sizes I guess. I just put it into paint.net and clicked on the resize button, lol. Click reply on my message and you should get those pics.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
May I ask for a Daitoryo stock icon for my support thread? I'd naturally include credits to the artist.

I would normally do something like this myself, but I'm afraid I just can't figure out how to do these icons.

EDIT: Did imgur stop working as an image host for this site??

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

here's a few sizes I guess. I just put it into paint.net and clicked on the resize button, lol. Click reply on my message and you should get those pics.
Thanks dude!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'll go ahead and request three more.

Aeron
Swampert
Anthony Higgs

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Thanks! <3

If anyone’s still willing to carry out part 2 of my request (under the spoiler box), let me know!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"Should I do these requests and help out these people or just keep making obscure niche characters that I'm only into?"

SMT1 Hero Kazuya Icon Final.png
SMT1 Hero Kazuya Icon Final Small.png

splat

Smash Lord
Anyone mind turning this pic of Andy in to a stock icon?
Whoa, that one blows mine out of the water. So much so, I decided to redo it. I wasn't too happy with it either way as he looked more like a generic boy than Andy, so I wanted to go back to him at a later point anyway - but that image made me want to try redoing him already. I think he

AndyIcon2.png
AndyIcon2Mini.png

I think he looks tons better than my previous attempt.

I also did two more characters (super easy ones) from the request list:
StarfyIcon.png
StarfyIconMini.png

I tried giving him rosy cheeks, but it just gave him a derpy face.
MickeyIcon.png
MickeyIconSmall.png

Like Sonic, Mickey should use his trademark icon. I'm not really into any Disney characters appearing, though.

EDIT: Oh, and Yarn Kirby.

YarnIcon.png
YarnIconMini.png

EDIT2: Pacack Pacack , something like this?

CardsIcon.png
CardsIconMini.png

I had no clue if you wanted the Napoleon figure or the actual cards. I chose the latter, as that'd make a fighter about ten times as hilarious.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry for being impatient but can someone do my Andross request please? That's the only thing I'm asking for.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
EDIT2: Pacack Pacack , something like this?

View attachment 150942View attachment 150943
I had no clue if you wanted the Napoleon figure or the actual cards. I chose the latter, as that'd make a fighter about ten times as hilarious.
I appreciate the effort that you put into this, but I'm sorry to say that the character doesn't actually appear on the cards. He's from the box that contains them.

I know that beggars really cant be choosers in this thread, but may I ask you to do one of just the Napoleon figure?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Ok I just uploaded a bunch of icons and requests on the first page, let me know if I missed anything.

splat splat - Now your tiny Bandanna Dee and tiny King K. Rool are broken (the one you edited). Both are extra important to me because they're the ones I used in my sig lol.

Last edited:

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I'll wait for my Estelle icon before I make more requests

Nebelung

Smash Cadet

That Prince Sable is ROCKIN'! Nice work!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
"Should I do these requests and help out these people or just keep making obscure niche characters that I'm only into?"
Yeah...that's a big reason I picked the characters I drew out from the list we have, if I'm being honest. Although I do try to pick up a random one here and there.

Although that list is getting smaller and smaller, so I'm more likely to pick up more of people's requests rather than my own tastes.

I just hope people can be patient. I'm really only working on these as practice for my job, and only when I have downtime in either of the two jobs I'm working (I literally just work, I'm not home and awake long enough to work on any of these).

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Yeah...that's a big reason I picked the characters I drew out from the list we have, if I'm being honest. Although I do try to pick up a random one here and there.

Although that list is getting smaller and smaller, so I'm more likely to pick up more of people's requests rather than my own tastes.

I just hope people can be patient. I'm really only working on these as practice for my job, and only when I have downtime in either of the two jobs I'm working (I literally just work, I'm not home and awake long enough to work on any of these there).
My idea and opinion on how the requests should work is the artists should tackle all the ones they want to do first, including requests if they line up or interest you.

Then some time later when most of the big name characters are done you can look into the other requests. Basically if you are requesting a very niche character, be patient because it probably won't be anyone's priority. I mean the game doesn't come out for like 5 months we have time lol.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
I'm actually going to request some characters... This time I'll make them well-known to make it easier on the artists who wish to work on well-known characters.

Misty from Pokemon (Her most recent redesign would be awesome, but anything will work!)
Yuuri Kozakatta from Fatal Frame
Ayumi Tachibana from Famicom Detective Club

;) ~ Afro

Top Bottom