• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer Stock Icons

Should I create a icon Discord or Reddit to place all of these

• Reddit

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • Discord

Votes: 18 21.4%
  • Both

Votes: 46 54.8%

• Total voters

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Alright I've encountered a new tech problem. I'm completely new to running a thread like this, I've attempted to add a new icon to the first post and I was told I can only atttach 20. Is there a way around this? Do I have to make a second post? How do other threads simialr to this handle this?

Thanks for any help, I didn't think there was a limit :/

D

Deleted member

Alright I've encountered a new tech problem. I'm completely new to running a thread like this, I've attempted to add a new icon to the first post and I was told I can only atttach 20. Is there a way around this? Do I have to make a second post? How do other threads simialr to this handle this?

Select the image option, then click the URL symbol and paste the image's URL.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule

Mine are linked through imgur, so you can just right click-> copy image address and then add it using the 'insert image' tag. Most of the others should also work that way. You don't need to reupload them, they all already have an address

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Ok I'll get on to that in a second. Fixed some citing stuff on the first page...I'm thinking I'll start organizing it by character once we get a few more.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Lemme just try something here...

Hmm... nope, didn't work. Oh well, thought I had the answer. Turns out I didn't.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I did up the following icons myself...

KRoolUltIcon.png
GardevoirUltIcon.png
WaddleDeeUltIcon.png

Edit: 30x30px revisions of the above icons have been made.

KRoolUltIcon-30x30.png
GardevoirUltIcon-30x30.png
WaddleDeeUltIcon-30x30.png

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I woulkd ask someone to do a Micaiah one? I guess I would try to edit something using Dalek's version; but I'm not sure how far Micaiah's hair can go xDU

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I'm really impressed at how well these are all coming out, they look like they could have been ripped straight out of the game, great work!

Could anyone try to make a Banjo&Kazooie and/or Geno icon? The one from last page looks great, but the size difference compared to the others somewhat sets off my OCD. I'd really appreciate it

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Phoenix Wright, Black Shadw, and Master Chief fellas.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
Can someone do Estelle from Tales of Vesperia and Yooka-Laylee please?

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
Can anyone do Decidueye please?
Best I can do is Rowlet (which people have been sleeping on, it's the most popular gen 7 Pokémon in Japan).
Also made one of my favorite retro characters and another somewhat modern Nintendo rep.

RowletIcon.png
ChibiIcon.png
MachIcon.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Best I can do is Rowlet (which people have been sleeping on, it's the most popular gen 7 Pokémon in Japan).
You're putting too much stock in popularity. That's all I'm gonna say because this discussion belongs in the main thread.

splat

Smash Lord
You're putting too much stock in popularity. That's all I'm gonna say because this discussion belongs in the main thread.
Welp, that is the first and the last time I'm attempting someone's request with my limited drawing skills. Love the response.

I cleaned up KMDP's Isaac a bit the other day:

IsaacIcon.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp, that is the first and the last time I'm attempting someone's request with my limited drawing skills. Love the response.

I cleaned up KMDP's Isaac a bit the other day:

Oh, I didn't mean to come off as confrontational. Sorry if I did.
I actually didn't look at the icon until now, and I do think it looks good.
It's just not what I'm looking for.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
My Avatar by the time I posted this message is a Stock Icon made for me by Toxiquid from Discord. The character Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII

Here is the picture in case my avatar changes later

If I were to suggest ones to make then maybe, Birdo or Micaiah

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Ok! Finally got around to adding everyone's! I've also decided to reorganize by character, alphabetically. I think it's much easier to search for your favorites now! Please let me know if you notice any mistakes.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Could someone please do Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles? Would be appreciated.

splat

Smash Lord
Love this King K. Rool! As I didn't really like the one I did before, I did some tweaking of yours to ensure line thickness is equal all around and such, hope you don't mind!

KRoolIcon2.png

I also did another character that I secretly enjoy quite a lot.

LobeIcon.png

My current list of characters I want to do still currently consists of the following, but I'm open to suggestions :)
  1. Infantry Unit (Wars series)
  2. Andy (Wars series)
  3. Saki (Sin & Punishment)
  4. Dark Samus (Metroid)
  5. Sylux (Metroid)
  6. Dillon
  7. Spyro
I don't really fancy doing disconfirmed characters or ones that are too anime-y (Fire Emblem, X series, Kid Icarus, etc.)

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Hello, sorry this is a bit off-topic, because I'm not requesting anything new to be made, but does anyone have the stock icon for Leaf (female Pokemon Trainer)? I know she has her own because I've watched videos of her, but the only stock icon I can find online is of Red. =/

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Love this King K. Rool! As I didn't really like the one I did before, I did some tweaking of yours to ensure line thickness is equal all around and such, hope you don't mind!

I also did another character that I secretly enjoy quite a lot.

My current list of characters I want to do still currently consists of the following, but I'm open to suggestions :)
  1. Infantry Unit (Wars series)
  2. Andy (Wars series)
  3. Saki (Sin & Punishment)
  4. Dark Samus (Metroid)
  5. Sylux (Metroid)
  6. Dillon
  7. Spyro
I don't really fancy doing disconfirmed characters or ones that are too anime-y (Fire Emblem, X series, Kid Icarus, etc.)
Amazing work as usual! I'm trying to work on something with my signature so if I could convince you to bump up Dark Samus hmmmm? Lol
Hello, sorry this is a bit off-topic, because I'm not requesting anything new to be made, but does anyone have the stock icon for Leaf (female Pokemon Trainer)? I know she has her own because I've watched videos of her, but the only stock icon I can find online is of Red. =/
Unfortunately since the current stock icons were pulled from the site we wouldn't have any clear ones until at the very least the game got datamined or maybe if Sakurai posts them at some point. Sorry :/
Someone here could try to recreate one from the video! I know that's not the same.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Unfortunately since the current stock icons were pulled from the site we wouldn't have any clear ones until at the very least the game got datamined or maybe if Sakurai posts them at some point. Sorry :/
Someone here could try to recreate one from the video! I know that's not the same.
I see, I didn't know. I might appreciate someone recreating it. With the talent displayed in this topic, I don't imagine it should be too hard!

I tried my best to get what I could with my poor PhotoShop skills from a screencap of the video, for reference:

KMDP

Smash Legend
@Lampy I made a Decidueye stock icon, because you asked for it.

Now, if only I could upload the damn thing. XD

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Nope! There might be something I'm missing, though.
Do you see the "Attach Files" option in the bar on the opposite side of the "Post Reply" button as you're writing your post?

Otherwise, you can upload to an external website and use the "Insert Image" button to post it with the image's permanent web address.
You can also use the [ IMG] tag as well.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Do you see the "Attach Files" option in the bar on the opposite side of the "Post Reply" button as you're writing your post?

Otherwise, you can upload to an external website and use the "Insert Image" button to post it with the image's permanent web address.
You can also use the [ IMG] tag as well.
Hmm... nope, don't see anything opposite the "Post Reply" button (other than preview next to it) [edit: unless you mean the bar at the top of the reply area, in which case I see "Insert Image", but that doesn't seem to be what you're referring to). The only thing I can think of is that I need to create a thread or something first (that or waiting a certain number of days, prove I'm serious about not just spamming the website).
Ah, for the days when I had access to a server on Filezilla, those were the days, alright.

I might just cave and use imgur, though I'd rather just upload directly to the site.

If you can get the ability to upload images, could you please do one for Boshi?
I'll add him to the list, but he'd be coming after 12-13 other characters (including, maybe, Micaiah) And with Smashboards as a distraction, it'll be a while. But you can wait, right? ;D I mean, Boshi is just Yoshi with Sunglasses (plus a different... frill, I guess?), when I get to him, he'll be very simple; even simpler than the Dixie Kong and Shadow ones I did.

Last edited:
Top Bottom