• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
If Mewtwo can levitate as much as he wants, why can't he do so in Smash?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If Mewtwo can levitate as much as he wants, why can't he do so in Smash?
He already does. That's how he moves. He floats above the ground as is. That's why he's such a floaty character, since he's literally doing that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So today I just had a sort of envisioning dream, like a dream but being awake still, about Impa being a reworked Sheik in this next Smash. I am double posting because I don't wanna forget it.

Basically, Impa would use almost all the same animations as Sheik would, except she uses a sword quite similar to the Eightfold Blade of BOTW for her attacks. Moves that where reworked but still looked similar to Sheik where:

Dash attack, Impa would do a similar move but slashes with her blade whilst doing a similar attack.
U Smash, same animation but Impa does a crossing slash with her Eightfold Blade instead, still has a weaker hitbox which reflects the use of Sheik's attack
F Air, similar to what Sheik does, but Impa does a slash whilst holding her weapon back handed, greatly increasing it's range and utility
Side B becomes the Bomb Rune attack and has the 'blue fire' effect similar to Lucario's Aura attacks. Can finish opponents as well
Jab is the same for the first two attacks, the fury attack becomes a very similar attack like Sheik's but is now a rapid stabbing attack

Virtually almost all the moves are the same otherwise. Impa looked most like she did in Skyward Sword as well, but I think it was a brand new design, dunno if it's from a new game or not.

I wouldn't mind Impa getting in like this in the slightest by the way.

Metablaze

Smash Rookie
I want Bandana Dee, Ridley, Ice Climbers, Wolf, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Decidueye

David James

Smash Cadet
I don't think he'll ever be added and don't ever want him to be added, but I think Shrek actually won the first Smash Ballot and not Bayonetta

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I just want to see gameplay of this smash. I want to see how the new fighters mesh with the cast.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't think he'll ever be added and don't ever want him to be added, but I think Shrek actually won the first Smash Ballot and not Bayonetta
I think it’s pretty much confirmed that Bayonetta didn’t win the ballot. She was stated to be the highest ranking realizable character, and later reported to be the top character in Europe and one of the top five in North America (no word on Japan).

That said, I would lose some faith in mankind if it turned out that many people thought that a troll vote that wouldn’t see the light of day ever was funny.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Hey! Did you hear the news? So the General Manager of EPD Shinya Takahashi (who worked on both Wave Race 64 and Wave Race: Blue Storm) was asked about the possibility of Wace Race making a return. And he said this: "You may see that game again. We have been trying to make many games and that may be one of them ... I personally love Wave Race!" Don't believe me? Here's the link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...kahashi_hints_that_the_series_may_return_soon
So, would we get a port or a whole new game? I think we could get a port. I don't want a port but it is possible.
But then, I thought to myself. What would it be like if Ryota Hayami was in Smash Bros.? I have seen a thread of it, but it was for him to be in Brawl. I have to be honest though, I've never played Wave Race. But, I have seen people play it on YouTube. The game is good. Damn good!
With that in mind, can someone please help think of moves for him?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey! Did you hear the news? So the General Manager of EPD Shinya Takahashi (who worked on both Wave Race 64 and Wave Race: Blue Storm) was asked about the possibility of Wace Race making a return. And he said this: "You may see that game again. We have been trying to make many games and that may be one of them ... I personally love Wave Race!" Don't believe me? Here's the link: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...kahashi_hints_that_the_series_may_return_soon
So, would we get a port or a whole new game? I think we could get a port. I don't want a port but it is possible.
But then, I thought to myself. What would it be like if Ryota Hayami was in Smash Bros.? I have seen a thread of it, but it was for him to be in Brawl. I have to be honest though, I've never played Wave Race. But, I have seen people play it on YouTube. The game is good. Damn good!
With that in mind, can someone please help think of moves for him?
I imagine his aerials would consist of different jetski tricks.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Call me insane, but I'm a part of the group that thinks that there won't be any new Fire Emblem characters in Smash Switch. Sure, it's a mighty popular series these days, but Sakurai himself has said that Corrin was stretching it; even he agrees that it's over-represented!
So yeah, no new Fire Emblem heroes. All vets may return, and there may be a few cuts, but I just doubt that there's gonna be anything new this time around.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I updated my wishlist with Samurai Goroh, Fawful, Black Mage and Isaac.

upload_2018-5-5_11-31-19.png

Last edited:

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
Every time I think of a great newcomer, it pushes a previously thought-of newcomer out of my brain.

David James

Smash Cadet
I hope they reveal the newcomers via character trailers, or start off with a black screen and one by one peeling away the black until the roster is revealed.

Also do you guys think that all characters will be revealed in tournament roster or will unlockable characters be revealed? It would be if they had to keep fighting challenger approaching fights every few matches.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I’d be really bummed out if that’s all Nintendo has to show come E3. Plus, they’ve said they still have some unannounced games they’re keeping quiet on.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
the biggest things for me are pokemon and (of course) smash bros news. a retelling of Kanto could be fun, just as long as they don't try to gut the old battle system like other "leaks" have claimed. i'm only just now getting the hang of EVs and IVs, don't throw something different at me! and i hope there's at least a few new pokemon in the old region. but the visual style is what makes me happy with that one, it sounds like the kind of look i'd been hoping for!

smash bros though... eh. nice to see justice for the ice climbers i guess. spyro isn't the purple dragon most people wanna see here but he could be fun enough. zero hype for captain toad, though.

edit: oh yeah! and sonic adventure 1 and 2 on switch sounds really good to me. they're my two favorite sonic games and it'll be a good excuse to go back to them, and in really pretty resolution no less. wonder if this means we'll get a proper adventure 3...

Edit again: whoops lmao, guess it' fake after all. Freddy's and Waluigi had me suspicious but I guess I got wrapped up in the conversation and started to believe it. Sure would be nice to get an actual leak on pokemon stuff :/

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not as popular as a few years back, but it still has popularity.

Either way, that would have absolutely no bearing on a Switch port.
What would however is the fact that Scott Cawthon has had multiple opportunities to have console ports happen but went against it since he wanted to finish the main story himself and didn't trust anyone else to properly execute his specific vision for the series.

Though now he's more open to handing over creative control to professional publishers with his main story being complete with Pizzeria Simulator, meaning ports of the existing games as well as newer releases not made by him are more than possible for the future.

The announcement of a Switch port of the original game at E3 is actually rather plausible in that sense, though part of me feels its still too early for such an announcement given that Pizzeria Simulator was released just in December and Cawthon's statement about his willingness to hand over creative control was just in February.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roy_Boy Color

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5386-7443-4270
Switch FC
SW-0884-9374-3404
Personally, I think Waluigi really needs to be in the Switch version, (Not in any like meme way) I think he could have a really unique and diverse move set. An idea for specials I have for him are:

Up-B: Honestly this has to be him swimming in the air, I have no idea what else it could be.

Side-B: Kind of like Mario's cape, I think
Waluigi could use a baseball bat to deflect incoming projectiles like Samus' energy blast

Down-B: For a down-b maybe he could drive his kart to a certain distance kind of like Bowser Jr's side-b, but maybe he would be able to jump out of it like Wario's bike, but not be able to pick it up afterwards.

Neutral-B: For a neutral-b
Waluigi should hit a tennis ball like he does in his assist trophy.

Final Smash: I don't really have an idea for this. But I'm open for suggestions.

David James

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think Waluigi really needs to be in the Switch version, (Not in any like meme way) I think he could have a really unique and diverse move set. An idea for specials I have for him are:

Up-B: Honestly this has to be him swimming in the air, I have no idea what else it could be.

Side-B: Kind of like Mario's cape, I think
Waluigi could use a baseball bat to deflect incoming projectiles like Samus' energy blast

Down-B: For a down-b maybe he could drive his kart to a certain distance kind of like Bowser Jr's side-b, but maybe he would be able to jump out of it like Wario's bike, but not be able to pick it up afterwards.

Neutral-B: For a neutral-b
Waluigi should hit a tennis ball like he does in his assist trophy.

Final Smash: I don't really have an idea for this. But I'm open for suggestions.
I think his side b should be a tennis racket instead of a bat

What assist trophy waluigi does could be his final smash

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I think he shouldn't be shoehorned into a lame ass sports moveset. Just give him his own game so he can have unique moves.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
It would mostly be lame because it would be a generic Mario spin-off moveset, not because it's based on sports.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Seems proper for Waluigi to encompass the spin-offs well. I mean, you know, considering his origins. He is the spin-off character when it comes to Mario series. Nobody does it better.

To note about Daisy, she didn't originate in a spin-off as has other potential ideas to make her playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom