• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I wonder how crazy it would be to have a pass that is two characters for one.

I dont mean a duo but just two characters, maybe one coming with an echo, in one pack.

I think that's the only way Vergil could be added into Super Smash Bros Special Edition after Dante

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
None of my first-party wants are happening.

Not even my most-wanted Pokémon is happening, despite being popular and one Ash caught in the new series.

The best I can hope for is Waluigi as an AT upgrade, which would be very cool.

That doesn’t seem too :083:, but maybe it is.

Expecting muffins? TOO BAD! It’s Waluigi Time!

What about this scenario: Geno's costume returns with Sephiroth, but the Chocobo hat doesn't.
Chocobo confirmed :o

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Let's do a game that involves some fan-rule breaking. Not like actual breaking, but basically, let's pick some characters that would defy fan-rules that have yet to be broken just for fun. Like here's some clear examples, but you can add ones not listed below:

-Echo Fighters have to be from the same franchise as the character they are Echoing: Blaziken(Captain Falcon).
-Echo Fighters have to be the same hitbox/height as the character they are Echoing: Viridi(Palutena)
-DLC Fighters cannot already be an Assist Trophy: Isaac
-DLC Fighters cannot already be a Mii Costume: Rex

osby

Smash Obsessed
Let's do a game that involves some fan-rule breaking. Not like actual breaking, but basically, let's pick some characters that would defy fan-rules that have yet to be broken just for fun. Like here's some clear examples, but you can add ones not listed below:

-Echo Fighters have to be the same hitbox/height as the character they are Echoing: Viridi(Palutena)
I mean, this one is less of a fan rule and more of a "that's how echoes work, they literally place another model on the same skeleton so if you need to make so many adjustments that it's basically a unique fighter, why try and make them a clone in the first place?"

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace

-Echo Fighters have to be from the same franchise as the character they are Echoing: Blaziken(Captain Falcon).
-Pepsiman can't be in Smash: Pepsiman
-DLC Fighters can't come from the same company in one pass: Safer Sephiroth
-DLC Fighters have to be good characters: Rex

Don't be mad Rex fans. He's ok.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

We can no longer get any Pokemon newcomers like the ones pre-4: Eevee

PacificFun

Smash Ace
This is kinda misleading. You're ignoring Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas, first party DLC fighters that aren't newcomers. 9-7 is a better ratio.
I feel like counting them isn't genuine to be honest. They're technically not newcomers, weren't new to Smash when they were revealed in Smash 3DS & Wii U.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
The more I think about, Scorpion seems like one of those characters Nintendo picks that no one will see coming. He gets immediately counted out for obvious reasons and then everyone says "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE" for like the 5th time. Am I alone in thinking this?
I Think Scorpion is a Legit Option, I go back in forth on how Likely I think he is, but I always see him as Potential Option

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter is a big Deal. Iconic. Nothing else to say. He has enough merits to get in in spite of the Gore (Injustice provides workaround, along with the more campy nature of Mortal Kombat at times), and the Japan thing

Dinoman96

Smash Master
This is kinda misleading. You're ignoring Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas, first party DLC fighters that aren't newcomers. 9-7 is a better ratio.
Well, Ultimate obviously doesn't have DLC veterans, so I didn't think it was worth making a comparison between it and and Smash 4.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I Think Scorpion is a Legit Option, I go back in forth on how Likely I think he is, but I always see him as Potential Option

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter is a big Deal. Iconic. Nothing else to say. He has enough merits to get in in spite of the Gore (Injustice provides workaround, along with the more campy nature of Mortal Kombat at times), and the Japan thing
I 100% agree, I think he has way more of a chance than people give him credit for. Hes still unlikely, but not impossible.

ThiagoCavalcanteCarvalho

Smash Apprentice
What I like the most about this revelation is that it makes viable the addition of characters from the same series and company when we talk about third party. A new paradigm break in the series. Other interesting paradigm breaks that we have would be:
Alucard show that AT can become fighters;
Sora: showing that the series is open to bring characters from non-game origins if they are only to make a video game character more authentic;
Characters from competing companies, alias Sony and Microsoft, especially Sony. Like, Master Chief and, even more complicated, Kratos. Even so, they would be cases apart;

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Honestly, if it does, I don't think much will actually happen. People have had a week to prepare for the potential of it occurring.
I mean, from what I've seen, a fair amount of Geno fans are already doom and gloom about it, so I guess they can't fall any further into despair.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Man

The first party side just gets more and more depressing to look at as this game goes on lol
It would be amazing if Nintendo actually tried to make its newcomers characters that people gave a **** about. It's clear that unlike Sakurai they have no appreciation for their own stable, which is a shame because the potential is absolutely there to make the right side as exciting as the left.

Min Min is a step in the right direction at least.
I really hope this doesn't upset people, and if it does, I apologize.

But how did Geno become so popular in the Smash fanbase, when he isn't as known in the gaming community?
The gist of it is that he's a cool character from a very good game that also served as many people's introduction to RPGs, and is kinda the granddaddy of two fantastic RPG series. From that the following built from cult to noticeable, but then blew up after Sakurai mentioned them.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, if it does, I don't think much will actually happen. People have had a week to prepare for the potential of it occurring.
I mean this website is quite quiet compared to other online platforms, so I don't think it will be as bad, but imagine what will happen to Twitter and Reddit...

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Sora: showing that the series is open to bring characters from non-game origins if they are only to make a video game character more authentic;
They could very easily Represent Sora without Disney characters tbh.

Spirits could be All of the Keyblade wielders (except for Mickey) and also Organization XIII,

Potential Stage locations: Twilight Town, Traverse Town, The World that Never Was, Castle Oblivion, Hollow Bastion, Destiny Islands, Keyblade Graveyard, Scala Ad Caelum

They can even replace the Mickey Mouse Keychain on the Kingdom Key with a star to represent the Paopu Fruit

Last edited:

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
The gist of it is that he's a cool character from a very good game that also served as many people's introduction to RPGs, and is kinda the granddaddy of two fantastic RPG series. From that the following built from cult to noticeable, but then blew up after Sakurai mentioned them.
I first heard of Geno in Elementary School, when one of my friends brought him up, so I've known about Geno for a while now, and he is pretty cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom