• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I guess we can all agree that Sephiroth inclusion kinda killed the possibility of another Square character (Sora) in Ultimate, right? (Or maybe in another Fighter Pass, which i don't think it's going to happen)
It makes it less likely, but I don't think it kills their chances entirely. Helps that both Geno and Sora are two of the biggest fan requests.

Last edited:

PacificFun

Smash Ace
Another pattern coming through for you:

Assuming those rumors about Sephiroth being part of the deal to get Cloud back are true (IF they are true) then all 3 characters so far are leftovers from Ultimate's development that Nintendo couldn't add to the plan on time.

Sakurai already told us what happened with ARMS. Minecraft's negotiations took a long time. And now apparently Square wanted Sephiroth to be paired with Cloud.
If this is true, Crash is probably completely out.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I guess we can all agree that Sephiroth inclusion kinda killed the possibility of another Square character (Sora) in Ultimate, right? (Or maybe in another Fighter Pass, which i don't think it's going to happen)
Sora's legally owned by Disney, so I think he has some degree of diplomatic immunity. I wouldn't throw in that towel yet.

D

Deleted member

I'm probably Eggman's biggest supporter here and, despite him likewise being among the most iconic villains, I still think he'd be more likely as bonus character (if we get any) or base roster of next game. But I do enjoy the boost of hope Sephiroth brings and hey, at least we got a villain!

The Eggy dream is still alive
Seeing as how we got another FF rep from the same game, I really would like to see Eggman/Dr. Robotnik added as well. My hopes were fulfilled long ago with K. Rool and Incineroar's addition (Joker, Hero, Terry, and now Sephiroth have all been icing). If I could choose only one character to root for and put all my hopes and willpower into making reality, it would be Dr. Robotnik. He's in a long line of others from game series all over who are probably more likely than him, but I'll keep hoping until the 6th and final character of this pass has been revealed.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i am disgusted with dear old geoff

anyways cool that sephiroth is in

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
Gonna guess the remainder of the schedule:

Challenger Pack 8 release: Late December to Mid January. Challenger Pack 9 gets a reveal in April and a release in June. E3 2021 has both Challenger Pack 9's release and Challenger Pack 10's reveal. September 2021 has Challenger Pack 10's release. October 2021 is dead air. November 2021 ends the whole shebang with Challenger Pack 11. If we're getting more, then it'll be announced here, otherwise this is the end. December 2021, possibly on the three year anniversary of Smash Ultimate, is when it all comes to an end.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Gonna guess the remainder of the schedule:

Challenger Pack 8 release: Late December to Mid January. Challenger Pack 9 gets a reveal in April and a release in June. E3 2021 has both Challenger Pack 9's release and Challenger Pack 10's reveal. September 2021 has Challenger Pack 10's release. October 2021 is dead air. November 2021 ends the whole shebang with Challenger Pack 11. If we're getting more, then it'll be announced here, otherwise this is the end. December 2021, possibly on the three year anniversary of Smash Ultimate, is when it all comes to an end.
I mean, they already said Sephiroth was coming December lol.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I mean, people thought it wouldn't? Award bait typically works out to that end, haha.
Everybody expected Death Stranding to win last year and Sekiro did instead. So it's not surprising that some people were hoping it wouldn't be so obvious.
Umm guys, remember that 4chan rumor with the list of characters? Sephiroth was also on it.

Not expecting much from it since an Arms character or Min-Min aren't listed, but it is interesting to see that aside from Arms/Min-Min, all of the fighters are ones listed on that.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Y'know, maybe I'm misremembering, but at this point Smash 4 had long packed its bags and went home. Even balance patches were all done at this point. (Whether they should've been or not, that's up-b to you.) While the first Fighters Pass felt as though it was finishing up and tying together an otherwise somewhat small (albeit understably so!) base-game set of newcomers. Volume 2 feels more like a victory lap, and I do mean that in a good way. A potential Volume 3 feels... like a super nebulous thing to even contemplate.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Now that we know that multiple characters can come from the same 3rd party franchise (or even the same game no less), what are the characters you guys would want the most either now or in future games?
Tifa, Chun-Li, Tails, Roll, and Terra. Also still want Proto Man and Ms. Pac-Man as echos.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It wasn’t a fan rule.

It’s called speculation for a reason, lol.
The term used for it doesn't make a difference to me.

People were using "new worlds" to explain why only specific characters were eligible. Now there's no merit to it anymore, and people can discuss characters who contradict that line of thinking without being told, "No, that's probably not going to happen because..."

It was one of the dozens of things limiting our discussions of other characters, and I'm glad it's gone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now that we know that multiple characters can come from the same 3rd party franchise (or even the same game no less), what are the characters you guys would want the most either now or in future games?
Sonic characters (Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman, ect.) and Ms. Pac-Man.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Just some thoughts about the TGA
What a lame show this year's Game Awards... only a couple of cool reveals among a lot of "meh" games imho. I honestly expected more!
I didn't expect nor want Sephiroth, but the reveal was hype and I support the character inclusion, even if I never played FFVII. Can't wait for the Sakurai Presents next week!
And I'm so happy for TLOU2. It's 4 AM here, better go to sleep

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Also, I Just realized, That One of my theories actually came true

New Theory: The Estelleoroth Theory! - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (gamespot.com)

I noticed that with Falcom interview, I noticed Estelle wasn't mentioned while Rean and Adol were. Considering she uses a Staff like Aerith, I thought it could have pointed to Sephiroth, Especially since if Lloyd wasn't playable, it make sense since he uses Katana

I should have stuck with Sephiroth. I didn't think he was impossbile, but he wasn't an active Prediction of mine for awhile till he got in

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Another pattern coming through for you:

Assuming those rumors about Sephiroth being part of the deal to get Cloud back are true (IF they are true) then all 3 characters so far are leftovers from Ultimate's development that Nintendo couldn't add to the plan on time.

Sakurai already told us what happened with ARMS. Minecraft's negotiations took a long time. And now apparently Square wanted Sephiroth to be paired with Cloud.
So maybe a chance for a Xenoblade 2 character? Sounds good

D

Deleted member

Well **** they really did give TLOU2 a whole bunch of awards AND GOTY. That was something I wasn't expecting (and quite frankly rather disappointing cause it's a huge shame Hades and Ghost of Tsushima didn't win more awards).

This year's show was DOMINATED by trailers so much so that most of the awards section of the show kinda just went by with a select few being showcased. It honestly felt like there were way more trailers this year than previous years. Yeah TGAs are usually a huge advertisement, but it's never felt this heavy on the hand as previous years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom