• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
King of Saudi Arabia: Son, it's almost Christmas. What do you want?
Prince: I like playing as Terry Bogard in Super Smash Bros, maybe an SNK Game?
King: Say no more.
And the award for “misunderstanding of the century” goes to...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So, I just saw that NateDrake said that there might be a Nintendo related announcement Tuesday.

Not a lot to discuss there, but I figured I'd point it out.
Pic?

Also correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he already say Age of Calamity was the last announcement for the year?

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So, I just saw that NateDrake said that there might be a Nintendo related announcement Tuesday.

Not a lot to discuss there, but I figured I'd point it out.

Honestly if Nintendo have something to share I think it will be at the game awards. Obviously I could be wrong, but my feeling is that either there's nothing Tuesday, or it's something very small that doesn't really fit TGA (like an NES and SNES games update).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, they wouldn't be accused of it if they never mentioned it in the first place. The bypass isn't really that big of a deal since it's kind of an open secret at this point.
I'm not a law expert but I feel that the EU could grab Nintendo by the ear for promoting a gambling game that can only be played by a third party app which would let Nintendo bypass laws, as they'd still be on the EU social media accounts promoting Dragalia Lost, whether it's directly or through Smash. It's still a hunch

andree123

Smash Ace
Anyone expecting more info about Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury or Nintendo's new Nintendo game announcement shadowdrop?

Last edited:

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505
So I've started playing Hades last night and holy heck (or should I say Tartarus?) is it great. The gameplay, the graphics, the characters, it's all wonderful. The only slight nitpick I have so far is the music; it's not anything too crazy, but I'm sure there will be some bangers the further I go. I was joking about it earlier, but I think I might have to actually make a Zagreus support thread soon.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Then again, the Capcom leaks from a week or two ago mentioned that they're afraid that sexualized female designs in their games are turning away Western customers, but Capcom also thought that watering down Resident Evil and Devil May Cry for a lowest common denominator audience would be the best way to appeal to Western customers, so it's hard to tell if that memo really represents what's going through the heads of Japanese companies or if they're just misreading the Western market by themselves.
This is one of those cases where the complaints of the vocal minority ended up tricking Japan. There are a lot of whiny people that get a lot of attention but don't represent the general consumer.

Shroob

Sup?
Man, Nintendo's on a roll lately eh? lol

First the whole TBH drama

Then it comes out they may(Probably) were behind killing Project M by sabotaging it

Then it comes out that they've strong armed a lot of big tournies into saying no to Slippi

and today they're going after character skin Mods for Ultimate

I mean, none of this really effects me at all, but man they're burning goodwill towards them from a lot of folk lately lol

Shroob

Sup?

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully they reserve the Doom Eternal switch release date announcement for the Game Awards when they'll reveal Doom Slayer in Smash 😎

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Take it friend, arm yourself with knowledge.

Oh right, that. Considering some of these other things I was thinking Nintendo shut down Gamebanana and took away years of custom maps and skins for various games.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman

7NATOR

Smash Master
So I'm confused

So the Nintendo takedowns of the mods is from the Same "Nintendo" that took down KOS-MOS Mod Video, and the copyright was just labeled "Nintendo". However it's been said that this Nintendo is fake or something (Something related to Kirby happened as well that involved Fake Nintendo Copyright)

If So, is this person taking down Videos trying to piggyback off Melee Situation?

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
and today they're going after character skin Mods for Ultimate
So I'm confused

So the Nintendo takedowns of the mods is from the Same "Nintendo" that took down KOS-MOS Mod Video, and the copyright was just labeled "Nintendo". However it's been said that this Nintendo is fake or something (Something related to Kirby happened as well that involved Fake Nintendo Copyright)

If So, is this person taking down Videos trying to piggyback off Melee Situation?
Probably, I found a tweet that told people that if it's taken down by Nintendo it will say "Nintendo of America inc."
https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srg3gm
Overall, don't just straight up believe that the takedown were done by Nintendo themselves.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Unrelated, but here’s some concept fanart for Mario & Luigi crossovers:

The first one I would’ve especially loved. Man, if only AlphaDream didn’t kick the bucket.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So Just a Thought I had

Close-Quarters Combat - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

So you guys remember this Tourney Right. We figured because the Tourney was supposed to come after the Supposed DLC Character based Tourney, that the Character would have a Projectile of Some Kind (and also not be Lightweight), which Steve was

Now what about the inverse

We haven't gotten a Tourney based around Projectile Users, even after this Tourney. I want to take a guess and say that possibly, We are gonna have a Character that's based around Projectiles

Min-Min tourney was based around her ARMS, Steve's was based around his Tools. Depending on the character, I could see one of the DLC's Character's Tourney based around Projectiles. Reimu, Geno, Any FPS character (Master Chief, Doomguy, Fortnite, etc), Maybe Neku, KOS-MOS, among others could fit this

7NATOR

Smash Master
You say that there is a possibility for a projectile tourney 👀. Oh man, my Reimu senses is tingling.
She was the Character I was thinking of the most when Considering this. The Genre she comes from (and the one that inspired Sakurai to Game Making) is based around Projectiles.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So Just a Thought I had

Close-Quarters Combat - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

So you guys remember this Tourney Right. We figured because the Tourney was supposed to come after the Supposed DLC Character based Tourney, that the Character would have a Projectile of Some Kind (and also not be Lightweight), which Steve was

Now what about the inverse

We haven't gotten a Tourney based around Projectile Users, even after this Tourney. I want to take a guess and say that possibly, We are gonna have a Character that's based around Projectiles

Min-Min tourney was based around her ARMS, Steve's was based around his Tools. Depending on the character, I could see one of the DLC's Character's Tourney based around Projectiles. Reimu, Geno, Any FPS character (Master Chief, Doomguy, Fortnite, etc), Maybe Neku, KOS-MOS, among others could fit this
Hopes in Elma and Octoling

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Well, isn't odd that Steve have a tourney based on weapons while Min Min is based on melee attack like punches? The pattern is right there and while I agree that next tourney regarding projectile is not 100% likely it's possible tho considering the previous character moveset coincidentally put a large emphasis on the theme of each tourney and are all based on attacks.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
In retrospect, it's honestly a little strange that we haven't gotten a tournament based around fighters with long reaches yet. You would figure that we would've got one with Byleth or especially Min Min. Maybe we're getting another distance demon in Smash? But I can't see them going past Min Min's range. Maybe it's a fighter with relatively long-range on their normals for their archetype or body type?

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well, isn't odd that Steve have a tourney based on weapons while Min Min is based on melee attack like punches? The pattern is right there and while I agree that next tourney regarding projectile is not 100% likely it's possible tho considering the previous character moveset coincidentally put a large emphasis on the theme of each tourney and are all based on attacks.
Heroes Vs. Villains - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

The Ultimate Partnership - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

Mano a Mano - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

Some Training, Professor? - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

It wasn't even just FP2 either, Most of the DLC in FP1 tourneys are based around a Huge Component of a Character's moveset

Joker and Hero are exceptions, but Joker never got a tourney cause they didn't start until a little after Hero Released. Hero tournament is more based around who the character is (a Hero)

So If we to get a Projectile based character, it's likely their tournament would be based around such.

I Personally think the Tourneys are more important to speculation than some might realize, but yes

Hopes in Elma and Octoling
I Get Octoling, but I honestly a Figure a Mechnical or robotic based tourney would fit Elma better (cause Xenoblade X is based around the Skells yes?). Of course that also depends on how important The Skells are in Elma's hypothetical moveset

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Heroes Vs. Villains - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

The Ultimate Partnership - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

Mano a Mano - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

Some Training, Professor? - SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki (ssbwiki.com)

It wasn't even just FP2 either, Most of the DLC in FP1 tourneys are based around a Huge Component of a Character's moveset

Joker and Hero are exceptions, but Joker never got a tourney cause they didn't start until a little after Hero Released. Hero tournament is more based around who the character is (a Hero)

So If we to get a Projectile based character, it's likely their tournament would be based around such.

I Personally think the Tourneys are more important to speculation than some might realize, but yes

I Get Octoling, but I honestly a Figure a Mechnical or robotic based tourney would fit Elma better (cause Xenoblade X is based around the Skells yes?). Of course that also depends on how important The Skells are in Elma's hypothetical moveset
At the very least Elma could have a Skell for her Final Smash (Verus? Ares 90?)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
In retrospect, it's honestly a little strange that we haven't gotten a tournament based around fighters with long reaches yet. You would figure that we would've got one with Byleth or especially Min Min. Maybe we're getting another distance demon in Smash? But I can't see them going past Min Min's range. Maybe it's a fighter with relatively long-range on their normals for their archetype or body type?
This is how Spinel wins

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so, Square Enix just dropped a surprise announcement on us:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Wait so how many RPG's does Square now have on the Switch

I think at this point it might be in the Double Digits

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, I know the Geno thread is happening. Something about supporting a rumor?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unrelated, but here’s some concept fanart for Mario & Luigi crossovers:

The first one I would’ve especially loved. Man, if only AlphaDream didn’t kick the bucket.
Especially love the idea of the Mario and Donkey Kong one. I always dreamed of such a game where the Mario Bros. and the Kongs had to team up against the alliance of Bowser and King K. Rool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom