• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'm not worrying about deciphering these rumors. The people involved aren't that reliable in the first place.

To be fair, they could announce it at any time until March when the anniversary event ends.

I mean, we're bound to get more Mario news soon regardless because of 3D World.
I dunno. They covered everything from AR Mario Kart to Splatoon 2 events. I expect we've seen everything for Mario that's coming in the near future.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I dunno. They covered everything from AR Mario Kart to Splatoon 2 events. I expect we've seen everything for Mario that's coming in the near future.
As far as I'm aware, everything that was covered fits inside the span of the anniversary.

They can still announce new Mario games next year, even in the first few months. It's probably gonna be a while before they launch anyway.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Makes sense, last time I remember Zippo being involved is him going "I know who the next character is but I don't know who owns them" when it was Byleth and Isaac fans are convinced they're getting a new game for reasons they can't explain without linking a video
What Zippo said was explicitly that the character wasn't from Nintendo because obviously nobody would ever suspect a series with 7 characters in Smash could be from Nintendo. The reason you don't remember anything after that is because he's never made a correct prediction anyway, not like his non-existent track record will ever stop this thread from bringing him up.

Also somebody please tell Gwen to put down the grinding axe already before he hurts someone. I don't even like Golden Sun.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
D

Deleted member

Mario is ending on March 31st so if the sports game isn’t gonna drop before then it’s not surprising it wasn’t in the Mario 35 direct.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I like and at the same time hate it that after THAT hashtag already going around people's ear, in turn people started comparing Nintendo to effing Sega and Capcom because "ThEy AlLoW fAn PrOjEcT aNd EvEn ReLeAsInG iT tHeMsElVeS". I know the seriousness with the current issue revolving Nintendo and their unwillingness to go competitive but asking Nintendo to publish fangame is asking to much, not saying it's good or anything to shut down every fan project they saw lurking under their nose but people just use this situation when Nintendo has been cornered as a way for them to do their bidding is so uncool. :(

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Shroob

Sup?
I like and at the same time hate it that after THAT hashtag already going around people's ear, in turn people started comparing Nintendo to effing Sega and Capcom because "ThEy AlLoW fAn PrOjEcT aNd EvEn ReLeAsInG iT tHeMsElVeS". I know the seriousness with the current issue revolving Nintendo and their unwillingness to go competitive but asking Nintendo to publish fangame is asking to much, not saying it's good or anything to shut down every fan project they saw lurking under their nose but people just use this situation when Nintendo has been cornered as a way for them to do their bidding is so uncool. :(
Nintendo isn't the slightest bit cornered. If you think they give a single damn about the Melee drama, you're sorely mistaken lol.

Let's not get all boo hoo for the billion dollar corporations.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master

WTF
So from what it seems, Saudi Arabian Games is now Current holder and largest shareholder, but the Previous owner(s) still have shares in SNK or something, just that they are in 2nd Place

And the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia Owns Saudi Arabian games, or at least is it's largest shareholder in the company, and the Money for this transfer was funded by him. I guess we have to wait for More Info

How will this impact Terry Returning in Future Smash Games, and would this increase SNK Game Development and budget?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It is only 33% but that doesn't change who's involved.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
I dropped his game because it bored me and I hated Colette because her themes hit too close to home
Makes sense, last time I remember Zippo being involved is him going "I know who the next character is but I don't know who owns them" when it was Byleth and Isaac fans are convinced they're getting a new game for reasons they can't explain without linking a video
Ok, dunno what you exactly mean by "without linking a video". Not sure if it's meant to be negative or not.
But let me prove you wrong.

If you bothered doing research for 5 minutes, you'd easily see the deal about the 2018 trademark that got approved in 2019.
And no, it is not a renewal. It is listed separetely from the GBA games. Its categories are not the same either, and are the same as switch games like Mario Odyssey, BotW...
Plus, throughout 2020, that same trademark got through multiple applications/validations accross different regions. Including ones where Golden Sun was never released before. It got rejected several times in some of those, until it was ultimately approved.
This is also the longest time Camelot has spent without even announcing a game, and the Nintendo division working with them has yet to be credited on any upcoming game since Mario Tennis Aces too.
And if you want sources : https://www3.wipo.int/madrid/monitor/en/showData.jsp?ID=ROM.1436968 here you go, the trademark.

And I kept things short here.
We haven't spent months double checking everything to make sure we weren't misinterpreting stuff to be told by people who don't bother thinking more than 5 seconds just because a serie hasn't got a game in 10 years that we have 0 reasons behind our hopes/claims.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
How does everyone feel about Lloyd at this point?
Hell yeah give me Lloyd Bannings so we can finally get Trails and Falcom in Smash!

Jokes aside I know you're talking about "Tales" Lloyd and not "Trails" Lloyd. In terms of wants I'm neutral about the character and I'm not sold on his moveset based on what I've seen. As for chances I'm heavily skeptical that he or any Bamco character is happening in general after the back to back Bamco mii costumes that dropped in the past two challenger packs.

7NATOR

Smash Master
On Lloyd (or any other Tales of Character, like Yuri)

Depending on how Early Talks of More DLC after Fighter Pass 1 happened, is it Possible that Namco might have wanted Tales of Later on in Smash Ultimate's Lifecycle to come with Tales of's 25th Anniversary

Namco might want Tales of's 25th Anniversary to be a big deal, and Perhaps Smash could have something to do with it, to Perhaps to get the Smash Audience to pay attention to the Tales of Series

Sakurai did say that in order for a 3rd party to get in, Both Nintendo and the 3rd party have got to want the character in. If Namco did not want Tales of Until the 25th Anniversary, but FP2 correlates with the Anniversary, there could be something going on

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Nintendo isn't the slightest bit cornered. If you think they give a single damn about the Melee drama, you're sorely mistaken lol.

Let's not get all boo hoo for the billion dollar corporations.
Yeah, I know considering these 'drama' are all one sided with Nintendo not give a single damn while on the other side everyone is crapping themselves in the pants.

It's just that I really hate comparing one company to another, some has their own fair share of problem that the others don't have but to think they have to take note on this company and that company is ridiculous given other than Capcom and Sega it's rare to see others supporting fan project. It's not something of a trend or anything but to think that I would get defensive for a billion dollar company is a misunderstanding.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I just woke up from a dream where Phoenix Wright was announced for Smash. The trailer was of Mario in a legal battle against Bowser over some kind of smash-bros related injury. For the defense, they cycled through various characters as potential lawyers for comedic effect. Finally, Phoenix Wright stepped in.

Alse in the trailer it showed a lot of Capcom games with new renders of the characters like Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, and Okami. I was really excited seeing Amaterasu but she was only on for a second.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I just woke up from a dream where Phoenix Wright was announced for Smash. The trailer was of Mario in a legal battle against Bowser over some kind of smash-bros related injury. For the defense, they cycled through various characters as potential lawyers for comedic effect. Finally, Phoenix Wright stepped in.
Think that’s cool? Check this out:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Also if we're talking about a Tales representation in Smash my mind wouldn't go to straight to Lloyd but rather someone like Yuri or a new protag from a new installment just Hero (Eleven) though unlike them Tales protag are not all blank slate that could fit into a single character.

Overall I can't really see Lloyd being promoted from a mii to a fighter the same way Geno would have been.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I've played some of Tales of Symphonia (enough that I had all of the party members - I was on a sidequest to get Sheena's summons, but I got stuck on the lightning one and couldn't figure out how to progress), and I'd be glad to see Namco-Bandai get another character (even if I'd prefer Heihachi, Agumon, or even KOS-MOS (I haven't played Xenosaga, but I've seen her in Project X Zone, and it seems like there's a lot that they could work with), it seems weird that they're developing the game and yet they only have Pac-Man), but Lloyd doesn't really stand out to me in terms of RPG protagonists or Namco-Bandai characters.

The conspicuously absent Mii costume seems to help his chances, but Namco seems to have no problem with randomly adding their Mii costumes into other character packs if Heihachi and Gil are any indication. I feel like his chances are decent, but he wouldn't be overly exciting or a terrible addition for me - my response would pretty much just be "Okay".

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Also if we're talking about a Tales representation in Smash my mind wouldn't go to straight to Lloyd but rather someone like Yuri or a new protag from a new installment just Hero (Eleven) though unlike them Tales protag are not all blank slate that could fit into a single character.

Overall I can't really see Lloyd being promoted from a mii to a fighter the same way Geno would have been.
I can Definitely See Yuri, but I don't think we'd get the New Tales Protag from the New Game coming out, when there are already established characters that the Tales of Fanbase and Smash fanbase is Attached to.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I can Definitely See Yuri, but I don't think we'd get the New Tales Protag from the New Game coming out, when there are already established characters that the Tales of Fanbase and Smash fanbase is Attached to.
I can't really name every protag in every Tales game but my mind goes to Yuri, Sorey, Luke and Velvet. I know it's not huge cause I'm not really familiar with Tales, so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
a new protag from a new installment just Hero (Eleven) though unlike them Tales protag are not all blank slate that could fit into a single character.

It doesn't always work that way. Shun-ei is the protagonist of the current King of Fighters saga, yet the SNK mascot took priority and Shun-ei got nothing.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I can't really name every protag in every Tales game but my mind goes to Yuri, Sorey, Luke and Velvet. I know it's not huge cause I'm not really familiar with Tales, so take it with a grain of salt.
I'm not that Familiar with Tales either, but I Know about Yuri, Velvet, and Luke

Though with that being said, I'd Imagine it be Yuri or Lloyd that will get in. Yuri is the Most Popular character in the Tales Fandom, His game is One of the most Popular (or perhaps the most Popular), and his Game was the first one to get ported to Switch

Smash Fans, Older Nintendo Fans, and Perhaps more Western Fanbase of Tales would be familiar with Lloyd, and it was his game that put Tales on the Map in the West. Symphonia did come before Vesperia though. yes

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I think Lloyd Irving is going to return as a Mii costume. With Namco seemingly apathetic to their own series (If Sakurai's comment during Terry's presentation is to be taken seriously), not getting a new character since Pac-Man, Heihachi and Gil returning as Mii costumes in a row and with no reason not to include the Mii costume, it's not looking good for him.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
It doesn't always work that way. Shun-ei is the protagonist of the current King of Fighters saga, yet the SNK mascot took priority and Shun-ei got nothing.
The difference is that recent main protagonist doesn't really bare any impact than someone like Terry who is also main protagonist and mascot judging from his cap displaying Neo Geo in Fatal Fury which is a big hint and also as a returning character.

Tales isn't really the same as Final Fantasy either with Cloud and FF7 regarded as the most famous while the entry of a specific Tales game is split into 2 in terms of recognizability, and it's also not the same as DQ either even if Solo or Erdrick as overseas fan refer to him is like the face of the series for reasons that I don't even know and yet we get Eleven as the main fighter while Solo is the second alt.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I really wish we knew which character got their invitation stolen by Joker. It would be hilarious if we came full circle with the final DLC trailer, and found out who's invitation that REALLY was.
I swear Sakurai said Joker didn't actually steal an invite, it was meant for him.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
With Namco seemingly apathetic to their own series (If Sakurai's comment during Terry's presentation is to be taken seriously)
What are you referring to exactly here? I don't remember what happened in the Terry presentation.

I really wish we knew which character got their invitation stolen by Joker. It would be hilarious if we came full circle with the final DLC trailer, and found out who's invitation that REALLY was.
He stole it from Rex.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
It's Sora's; he discovers that :ultjoker: not only stole his Smash invite, but also regularly steals people's hearts :4pacman:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
What are you referring to exactly here? I don't remember what happened in the Terry presentation.
During Terry's presentation, he went through Terry's classic mode, and when he fought Pac-Man, he made a comment about it. (sort of - he makes it sound like the Namco-Bandai staff occasionally forgets that they have a character in the game) The video should sort of start at that point.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
During Terry's presentation, he went through Terry's classic mode, and when he fought Pac-Man, he made a comment about it. (sort of - he makes it sound like the Namco-Bandai staff occasionally forgets that they have a character in the game) The video should sort of start at that point.

Namco being apathetic to their own mascot (and one of the faces of video games, no less) doesn't really spell good news for any other Namco character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom