• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Considering Mega Man is also there, this includes helmets too. Unfortunately this doesn't really pin anyone down.
Characters in helmets:
Master Chief, Doom Guy, Excite Biker, Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider,
Extended to full hoods we have: Scorpion, Ryu Hayabusa,

7NATOR

Smash Master
Considering Mega Man is also there, this includes helmets too. Unfortunately this doesn't really pin anyone down.
If this theory was true, it Deconfirms Geno at least from being FP8. I don't know if this theory extends to the Rest of the Pass, but if this Theory is True, Geno isn't FP8

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That’s the theory I was thinking of

likewise you know how the Lotus spirit got added into the Black event? If a potential new fighter who doesn’t have a spirit in base misses a themed spirit event, it could actually be a good thing for them as they wouldn’t be spirited away with that theme
U know what this means

our next fighter wears a sleeveless shirt

Neku time.

Jk... unless?

7NATOR

Smash Master
U know what this means

Neku time.

Jk... unless?
Wait but what about the Other Spirit events that didn't add any characters though?

In any case, Actually seeing that Shiek is in there, No Ryu either it would seem, and Geno and Ryu are popular Speculated Characters

Personally, we Might get an RPG Character next, one that doesn't wear hats or headwear and such. All of the Missing Mii Costumes are RPG Related. 2 Square, 2 Capcom, 1 Namco

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Good luck fighting the never-accurate theories people find! It's more fun just to run with it.
And most of them are usually completely wrong.
Personally, we Might get an RPG Character next, one that doesn't wear hats or headwear and such. All of the Missing Mii Costumes are RPG Related. 2 Square, 2 Capcom, 1 Namco
I don't think so, as some of the Mega Man costumes came with a Fire Emblem character, and Fire Emblem is not a platformer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
U know what this means

Neku time.

Jk... unless?
Ah, but Rie, you forget that a helmet is counted as a hat, what's such a defined feature of Neku to the point he got a nickname from it? His headphones, it is reasonable to count this as headwear, especially for a fashion consious person such as Neku!

Is it obvious I've been replaying Ace Attorney?
"Lustrous Pearl and Nebulous Diamond" are possibly the worst names I've seen for a couple of Pokémon games!
I guess it's because of the Lustrous Orb which gives Palkia stronger STAB, but Dialga's isn't called the Nebulous Orb but rather the Adamant Orb. It'd work with context but in Japan they're known as the White Orb and Diamond Orb and I don't think we'd get a remake called Pokemon Diamond Diamond

7NATOR

Smash Master
Good luck fighting the never-accurate theories people find! It's more fun just to run with it.
Well Speculation is more for fun at the end of the day. No need to fight the theories i guess. We'll see the results of all the theories when the Full FP2 is revealed

I don't think so, as some of the Mega Man costumes came with a Fire Emblem character, and Fire Emblem is not a platformer.
I guess that's true. But it's more of a Hunch

We haven't gotten a RPG Character, and it's just Coincidence that all 5 of the veteran costumes are RPG Related. Granted I Don't think all of the 5 Veteran Costumes will come in one Pack.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I guess that's true. But it's more of a Hunch

We haven't gotten a RPG Character, and it's just Coincidence that all 5 of the veteran costumes are RPG Related. Granted I Don't think all of the 5 Veteran Costumes will come in one Pack.
The vast majority of RPG characters wear hats or other headgear, and unless they're some collectible monster I don't know of any who don't and have a good chance of being playable.

7NATOR

Smash Master
The vast majority of RPG characters wear hats or other headgear, and unless they're some collectible monster I don't know of any who don't and have a good chance of being playable.
Tales of
Falcom
Final Fantasy (well if you think it could get another Character)
Golden Sun (if You think Assists can get Promoted)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I can name several off the top of my head
  • Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
  • Adol Christin (Ys)
  • Ring Fit Trainee (Ring Fit Adventure)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Who even has a good chance at being playable to you anyway? You mentioned "collectible monster", probably as in Pokemon, but even Pokemon have been among the millions of characters you think are unlikely.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ah, but Rie, you forget that a helmet is counted as a hat, what's such a defined feature of Neku to the point he got a nickname from it? His headphones, it is reasonable to count this as headwear, especially for a fashion consious person such as Neku!

I guess it's because of the Lustrous Orb which gives Palkia stronger STAB, but Dialga's isn't called the Nebulous Orb but rather the Adamant Orb. It'd work with context but in Japan they're known as the White Orb and Diamond Orb and I don't think we'd get a remake called Pokemon Diamond Diamond
HOLD IT!

You will notice that several other characters who do technically have headgear are absent! For example, Snake, Ryu and Richter wear bandanas, and Marth and Lucina wear tiaras, but they are not participants in this tournament!

It would seem that for a headgear to count as a “hat” or “helmet” it would have to cover the whole head.

Ergo! Neku’s headphones do not cover his entire head, so he’s still in the running!

hdidkfkorjsn this is more fun than it needs to be

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Please lets us call them Pokemon White Diamond and Pokemon Diamond Pearl

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I can name several off the top of my head
  • Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars)
  • Adol Christin (Ys)
  • Ring Fit Trainee (Ring Fit Adventure)
Almost all of them are unlikely, thanks to Disney, lack of international recognition, and Spirit Events respectively. Only Adol is still in the running.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hear me out

Pokémon Dazzling Diamond

and

Pokémon Iridescent Pearl

...is the last one too much of a mouthful? :lol:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not ISAAC!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
The tourney suggests that the next fighter does NOT have a hat, since they cannot be included.
I don't see why.
Not like I'd complain anyway since my most wanteds are hatless characters lol.

Characters like Ike (or Snake) wear bandanas, and those 2 aren't in this event.

As for RPG characters, God of War 2018 has RPG elements, and Kratos... well, he is proud of his baldness.

Kratos confirmed.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
He's hard deconfirmed, as he's an AT. He's gonna have to wait until Smash 6.
I think the Only Hard Deconfirm is Characters that haven't originated from Video games, since Sakurai has offcially deconfirmed those characters

Assists haven't been Officially deconfirmed, at least when DLC is concerned, but I could see them being Soft Deconfirmed

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think the Only Hard Deconfirm is Characters that haven't originated from Video games, since Sakurai has offcially deconfirmed those characters

Assists haven't been Officially deconfirmed, at least when DLC is concerned, but I could see them being Soft Deconfirmed
Mai’s also hard deconfirmed too by Word of Sakurai himself due to CERO reasons

7NATOR

Smash Master
I wonder, does Keeping the E Rating for Smash Ultimate matter that much that they have to bend to CERO's (and in other Cases ESRB) Will?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Who even has a good chance at being playable to you anyway? You mentioned "collectible monster", probably as in Pokemon, but even Pokemon have been among the millions of characters you think are unlikely.
I was also referring to other monster collection series as well, like Digimon and Yo-Kai Watch among others.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
HOLD IT!

You will notice that several other characters who do technically have headgear are absent! For example, Snake, Ryu and Richter wear bandanas, and Marth and Lucina wear tiaras, but they are not participants in this tournament!

It would seem that for a headgear to count as a “hat” or “helmet” it would have to cover the whole head.

Ergo! Neku’s headphones do not cover his entire head, so he’s still in the running!

hdidkfkorjsn this is more fun than it needs to be
OBJECTION!

Neku's headphones are perhaps the most important aspect of his design, as the personality they invoke is so wellknown that Neku's the TV Tropes page example of loners with headphones, the bandanas and tiaras are missable, unlike the hats and helmets featured in the event

cashregister9

Smash Hero
would you rather have playable :bubblebobble:Bub & Bob or Frogger or Gex? and why green boi is the best
Gex has been completely dormant since the n64 (But holy **** if Gex ever get's added I would pop off so god damn hard the earth will shake)
Frogger cannot keep a consistent design and 90% of them are ugly. Frogger would only be added due to his legacy and thats it
Bub & Bob is what I would go with "realistically", While i'm not a fan They at least have a consistent design and can serve as a love letter to Taito

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom