• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Well, forget what I said
Let's if the next fighter has notable headwear.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Judging by the tournament including all hat/helmet wearing peeps already in the game, probably not

likewise if a potential fighter didn’t get spirited away in a themed event, that may be a good thing for their chances

just a theory of mine, anyway

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yet another 4chan leak, only this time there's ZERO mention of Smash.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'll give the leaker (not the person with the leak in their post) credit for being a bit more realizable with their blatant wish list, though.
I'm not made of gold though.

I think its fake.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Thoughts on Danganronpa's music getting in Smash? I like the main games' (1, 2, and V3) music, but I don't think most of the tracks would fit in with the rest of Ultimate's music without remixing it. (I feel the same way about Plants Vs. Zombies music.)
POTD
Fatal Fury Gang

:ultgreninja: :ultgreninja: :ultgreninja:
OOOOO THAT MEANS NEW FATAL FURY FIGHTER JOE HIGASHI FOR SMASH
Well, forget what I said
Do people really wish for new spirits? Do you guys even use the spirits or do you guys just want to see who gets "deconfirmed"? It's fine if you're just collecting them, but still...

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Do people really wish for new spirits? Do you guys even use the spirits or do you guys just want to see who gets "deconfirmed"? It's fine if you're just collecting them, but still...
It's a Zero Sum game
If someone gets disconfirmed from a series that was competing with a series I wanted, it's there's less competition for them and the likelihood it's someone I wanted drastically increases.

And if it's a series I wanted that gets shot, well, at least it's something new to talk about.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Well, forget what I said
Hats huh?

TimeSplitters 2 has a silly hats cheat.
Silly hats.png

Time to Split!
Time to Split compressed 2.gif

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I guess no news is good news... AaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAaaaaaaaaaaanyways, IF (and that's a big if) we are getting new spirits (outside of Cheese Piz- er, I mean Challenger Packs), I wouldn't anticipate any until the middle of one of the upcoming Winter months, particularly next month. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get any, although that hasn't happened since the wait between Trunks and Burger King (shown below) and that wasn't a very long wait.
:ulthero:wait:ultbanjokazooie:
I don't regret any of this.

Last edited:

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
it takes a pretty big ****storm to get nintendo to even CONSIDER reversing a dumb decision. remember when Nintendo Switch Online was going to give us a grand total of ONE NES or SNES game per month? months of dunks later it was improved to a library.

the way they treat smash competitively despite being more popular than anything they try to push a competitive scene on is ridiculous. it's like denying your eldest child their dream of being an athlete because you're paying to put them through clown college. meanwhile, they're still a better athlete than all your other children. said children either have arms like spaghetti or an allergy to water.

just like the rest of 2020, nintendo has been disappointing and lazy and raking it in. they have no incentive to change anything.
Heck, is not like their support to Splatoon and ARMS's competitive scene is that great either:

Nintendo's approach to e-sports, in general, seems very similar to how they handled their mobile games ventures this past few years: they talk about being committed to it to their investors, but when it comes to actually do something about it they never put much effort into it beyond the absolute minimum.

Last edited:

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Yet another 4chan leak, only this time there's ZERO mention of Smash.
I'll give the leaker (not the person with the leak in their post) credit for being a bit more realizable with their blatant wish list, though.
"Lustrous Pearl and Nebulous Diamond" are possibly the worst names I've seen for a couple of Pokémon games!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Lustrous Pearl and Nebulous Diamond" are possibly the worst names I've seen for a couple of Pokémon games!
Shining Diamond and Shimmering Pearl.

I thought of that in like two seconds and its infinitely better.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Shining Diamond and Shimmering Pearl.

I thought of that in like two seconds and its infinitely better.
Yeah, that sounds better!
But I'm thinking about what I would play in case those are their actual names. I won't play Shining Diamond and Shimmering Pearl, but something like "Diamante Splendente e Perla Scintillante". It sounds a bit strange to me... maybe because it's a long name 😅

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
On one hand, I feel like facepalming because people are taking a weird tournament about hats way too seriously. On the other hand, quite a few of my favorite characters don't have any headwear, so...

Actually, nevermind. If it's not because of hats, I'm sure there's some other arbitrary reason why my characters are "already deconfirmed".

ZelDan

Smash Master
Get this cringe ass naenae baby out of here, the superior hat wearer is Professor Layton and you know it*

* Note, never actually touched a Layton game but that's a dapper looking hat
Does Layton change between different hats and actually get powers from said hat or hats though?

Checkmate Layton fans

Unless he actually does have multiple hats and gets powers from them, then, uhhh, uncheckmate I guess (I never played a Layton game either)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Does Layton change between different hats and actually get powers from said hat or hats though?

Checkmate Layton fans

Unless he actually does have multiple hats and gets powers from them, then, uhhh, uncheckmate I guess (I never played a Layton game either)
All I know is that he's crossed over with Pheonix Wright, that alone is huge news but he's from one of the few examples of games being dubbed in Dutch. Take that!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Heck, is not like their support to Splatoon and ARMS's competitive scene is that great either:

Nintendo's approach to e-sports, in general, seems very similar to how they handled their mobile games ventures this past few years: they talk about being committed to it to their investors, but when it comes to actually do something about it they never put much effort into it beyond the absolute minimum.
the more I see those stupid hashtags, thd more I hope Melee stays gone

Checkmate Layton fans

he had one from when he was in college that was a simple paperboy hat before he was gifted this tophat by his GF

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The tourney suggests that the next fighter does NOT have a hat, since they cannot be included.
That’s the theory I was thinking of

likewise you know how the Lotus spirit got added into the Black event? If a potential new fighter who doesn’t have a spirit in base misses a themed spirit event, it could actually be a good thing for them as they wouldn’t be spirited away with that theme

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well, Nebulous also doesn't even make sense in this context.

Im not saying the names will be great when they happen- FireRed isn't as good as flame red, to me.
But- the names are at least logical and complimentary to each other.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
I can't tell if people are joking or if they genuinely don't understand the reasoning used to predict Steve reveal was going to happen soon based on skipped tournament events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom