• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Didn’t something similar happen for brawl with like Krystal and Isaac?
Reminds me of what The Walking Dead did for that infamous Negan cliffhanger.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Reminds me of what The Walking Dead did for that infamous Negan cliffhanger.
It's actually a somewhat common practice when it comes to keeping certain developments a secret, if I'm correctly understanding what you mean by the "infamous" Negan cliffhanger.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's actually a somewhat common practice when it comes to keeping certain developments a secret, if I'm correctly understanding what you mean by the "infamous" Negan cliffhanger.

In hindsight, that actually makes perfect sense. Leaks happen a little too often nowadays...Especially going off of this fanbase.

Reading that page even led me back to that one example where Alex Hirsch purposefully faked a major spoiler for Gravity Falls, then purposefully had it leaked online just to screw with everyone's heads. That man will never be outdone lol.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Didn’t something similar happen for brawl with like Krystal and Isaac?
Not that we know of. Only Mewtwo and I think Roy had confirmation of unused Announcer Calls. And I don't know where to ask the Brawl Announcer guy about any other names he may have announced for

On Krystal Though, I do think Something happened concerning Her Voice Actor that may have suggested she was gonna be in, I think weeks before Wolf got Confirmed in brawl and she got bodied.

Since Sakurai and the Team got Falcon's Voice actor after 2 Decades to just record slurping sounds, I wouldn't be surprised if they got Voice Actors to do recordings, yet never use the actual recordings cause they decided not to do the characters. Even easier with Characters like Dante since Dante's VA is the Same as Ken's VA

SKX31

Smash Master
What is the Nintendo series you most want to get another character in the fighters pass?

For me, it is Donkey Kong (though, specifically I only want Dixie Kong, and quite honestly, a DK jr echo of DK).
* Donkey Kong: The Melee fanboy in me wants Cranky Kong and have him use mechanics from past Smash games (hey, it would fit his personality), but I'll also fully accept Dixie.

* Kid Icarus: If not Hades, I'll accept Medusa. Medusa could be a really fun semi-clone, even better if she's more original.

* Zelda: Ganon or (partially) reworked Ganondorf. I'm not a fan of pidgeon-holing / railroading characters into one playstyle in games like Smash. That's the primary issue I have with Ganondorf's current "Power >>> Agility" tradeoff (as well as Little Mac's "Ground >>> Air"). It doesn't help that Ganondorf still lacks attacks / specials that more clearly evoke the "King of Evil" - even if I really like "The King of Disrespect". I'll take other Zelda characters too.

* New Nintendo series: Whether Ring Fit (could one count this as a new series?) or Style Savvy. Moveset potential mostly.

Bonus: Kirby: I'll gladly take a new Kirby character, but I'll also accept buffing :ultkingdedede: . He's in the same predicament :ultkrool: was in before Rool got significantly buffed:

In short: Krown Armor buffed him against almost everyone.
He can armor most fast moves, belly armor one-shots are basically gone (Outside of some MU's), and he can punish even harder with every other buff, most noticeably out of a grab. This character's design is now defined as a Punish Heavy Grappling Tank with part zoning capability.

Way better than in the base-game/2.0 when IMO he was a contender for one of the worst.
Now, I'd argue a solid mid-tier.
I kinda want Sakurai / Nintendo to buff Dedede in a similar fashion: he lacks consistent burst options outside of very telegraphed ones, and he could use a buff to the Gordos' shield damage, because currently it's not great. Making his attacks slightly faster might help the former aspect.

What the actual **** did I just watch? Old cartoons are a trip.
Gentle reminder that the same cartoon has an episode where a bunch of anthro lion men with hypno powers take over Dr. Light's and Dr. Wily's minds, turn them into anthro lion men too (IIRC) and go from there in their quest for World Domination (TM).

It's one of the worse episodes, sure, but it's so ridonkulous I love it.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
What is the Nintendo series you most want to get another character in the fighters pass?

For me, it is Donkey Kong (though, specifically I only want Dixie Kong, and quite honestly, a DK jr echo of DK).
Kirby, I still want Adeleine in Smash because I think she can be a very fun and unconventional character to play as. Aside of that, I like most of the other characters as well so pretty much anyone from Kirby would make me happy (except bandana waddle dee because I don't like him).

Second place to Rhythm Heaven, I think the series deserves some kind of representation (other than .PNGs).

Also I wouldn't mind more Zelda or some of the less popular characters from Mario (like Prof E. Gadd or even Wart).

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
That sounds bloody horrible. And...bloody, bloody.
Eh... Sorta? It's certainly horrible, but it's not exactly bloody. It's quite the opposite, in fact. A patch on your body darkens, hardens, and raises, then crystalizes. This crystallization begins to spread, until you die and become a source of the infection yourself. Oh, and did I mention that this infection is also caused by the main source of power in the setting, which also causes Catastrophes that spread more of the substance, creating a vicious cycle of...

I should probably back up and start from the beginning, shouldn't I?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Good work, yet again. Min Min's great but the more ideas I hear about the other characters, the more I can't help but wonder how they might've actually played in Ultimate.
After this, the prospect of getting more ARMS fighters in future games actually gets me excited. I've been sold on Dr. Coyle especially since her mechanics could maker her into something super fun and potentially quite deep in terms of what all you can do.

Except Lola Pop since admittedly she's my least favorite of the cast.
sad Lola Pop main noises

My favorit character is acutally Byte & Barq, but Lola Pop is the one I find most fun.

What the actual **** did I just watch? Old cartoons are a trip.
I think it's more that the Ruby Spears Mega Man cartoon is particularly bad. lol

Well...not that Mega Man: Fully Charged is any better...

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Reading that page even led me back to that one example where Alex Hirsch purposefully faked a major spoiler for Gravity Falls, then purposefully had it leaked online just to screw with everyone's heads. That man will never be outdone lol.
I didn't know the show when it happened, but I heard of it. It's hilarious.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
A patch on your body darkens, hardens, and raises, then crystalizes. This crystallization begins to spread, until you die and become a source of the infection yourself. Oh, and did I mention that this infection is also caused by the main source of power in the setting, which also causes Catastrophes that spread more of the substance, creating a vicious cycle of...
What is this, the SCP Foundation?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Eh... Sorta? It's certainly horrible, but it's not exactly bloody. It's quite the opposite, in fact. A patch on your body darkens, hardens, and raises, then crystalizes. This crystallization begins to spread, until you die and become a source of the infection yourself. Oh, and did I mention that this infection is also caused by the main source of power in the setting, which also causes Catastrophes that spread more of the substance, creating a vicious cycle of...

What is this, the SCP Foundation?
I was about to say, I thought that sounded rather familiar to SCP-009 and SCP-409. I think the only thing that isn't part of those two is being used as sources of power.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Oh no he's in the deep end now

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
After this, the prospect of getting more ARMS fighters in future games actually gets me excited. I've been sold on Dr. Coyle especially since her mechanics could maker her into something super fun and potentially quite deep in terms of what all you can do.
I low key supported Coyle for the design alone, but others took priority based on other new mechanics they could bring. Ribbon Girl also took top priority for me since she's my main lol.

Maybe the next game will introduce a different ARMS newcomer...whenever that will be.

sad Lola Pop main noises

My favorit character is acutally Byte & Barq, but Lola Pop is the one I find most fun.
I just don't care for her design that much...

Byte & Barq are underrated.

I didn't know the show when it happened, but I heard of it. It's hilarious.
Another reason among the many why Gravity Falls is still such a gem lol.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The speculating was part of the fun for that show, so I'm glad I showed up before it could end.
Happy to have introduced it to ya. :p

Looking back, I think I miss the speculation aspect just as much as I miss the characters. I don't think there's going to be anything quiet like it ever again.

Imagine talking about the old Mega Man cartoon and not bringing up the king that's Pharaoh Man
All I can gather from this is that super strength isn't Pharaoh Man's power.

Because Mega Man sure as hell didn't "get" it.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've built my online persona around Steven Universe.

...I'm pretty sure I prefer Gravity Falls to it (SU doesn't even get second, as Avatar dethrones both).
To be fair, Steven Universe is still awesome in it's own right.

I've yet to watch Avatar...

That and all the gaming references (including to multiple characters that happen to be Smash).

Pacman in Gravity Falls | Pac-Man | Know Your Meme
Fight Fighters - YouTube
Rumble McSkirmish for Smash, anybody?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I was about to say, I thought that sounded rather familiar to SCP-009 and SCP-409. I think the only thing that isn't part of those two is being used as sources of power.
Do the SCPs allow for the many, many races of animal people to use magic though? :4pacman:
Oh no he's in the deep end now
Nah, not until I actually download the game, which I'm pretty sure my Jurassic-era phone can't play. I could use an emulator, but I have no idea how to download.

Besides, this is just the part of the basic knowledge you get at the beginning. I can go deeper, if you want.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Imagine talking about the old Mega Man cartoon and not bringing up the king that's Pharaoh Man
If we ever get a traditional Mega Man fighting game, Pharaoh Man must have a punch super. This is non-negotiable.

I can just imagine ending a match with the line "Your power means nothing to me! PHARAOH PUUUUUNCH!!!"

Do the SCPs allow for the many, many races of animal people to use magic though?
I dunno, but there is a box that has dragons in it.

...Scratch that. There is a box that used to have dragons in it.

Shroob

Sup?
Do the SCPs allow for the many, many races of animal people to use magic though? :4pacman:

Nah, not until I actually download the game, which I'm pretty sure my Jurassic-era phone can't play. I could use an emulator, but I have no idea how to download.

Besides, this is just the part of the basic knowledge you get at the beginning. I can go deeper, if you want.
Don't mention you're Rank 120, Don't mention you're Rank 120, Don't mention you're Ra-----

Wait

1605326203036.png

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If we ever get a traditional Mega Man fighting game, Pharaoh Man must have a punch super. This is non-negotiable.

I can just imagine ending a match with the line "Your power means nothing to me! PHARAOH PUUUUUNCH!!!"

The word "box" activates my childhood memories and now all I can think of is this
1605326578185.png

Calvin is canonically behind the dragons and you cannot convince me otherwise
Don't mention you're Rank 120, Don't mention you're Rank 120, Don't mention you're Ra-----

Wait

View attachment 291833
So you admit it?

Ivander

Smash Legend
I wouldn't be surprised, considering SCP-1000, aka Bigfoot, used to be the dominant race and had pretty much lived in the technological utopia we've been dreaming about one day, until one day, us humans were aided by a trickster god that allowed us to kill over 90-95% over their population and destroy their civilisation and technology and now they've been pretty much living and hiding, but now have a chance to kill us and cease our brain function by about 2% and growing just by simply looking at them.

Believe me, SCP is full of crazy stuff. And that one is just one out of 5000 and some SCPs. And probably one of the least strange ones.
I mean, that one has to be less strange than the one about the alien swat-team that enters movies, video games and other media than proceeds to fight crime and arrest all criminals in that piece of media......and gave us a pretty awesome re-imagining fan-fiction version of Die Hard that has the alien swat-team attempt to kill Hans Gruber by sniping, only for Hans to notice and, like the genius he is, manages to trick the police force in the movie to go after them in which most of the alien swat-team members are killed while the movie remains much of the same until John McClane manages to convince the police force that the swat-team are on their side, in which the surviving aliens get into the building to help McClane with the hostages and help him get to Hans Gruber for their climatic showdown and it still ends with the Officer Powell shooting the one surviving guy with his gun.
God, I love the SCP series so much sometimes.

:crying:

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I haven't seen this posted here but it is some more Falcom fuel

TLDR: Next year is Falcoms 40th anniversary and because of that they are planning to release several games, and confirmed that a brand new Trails game is releasing. They plan on releasing a bunch of games on the Switch and will continue to make new Ys and Trails games. They also confirmed that Trails is one of Falcom's flagship series because of sales.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I haven't seen this posted here but it is some more Falcom fuel

TLDR: Next year is Falcoms 40th anniversary and because of that they are planning to release several games, and confirmed that a brand new Trails game is releasing. They plan on releasing a bunch of games on the Switch and will continue to make new Ys and Trails games. They also confirmed that Trails is essentially Falcom's flagship series because of sales.
One of their flagships, if we're being specific. It definitely props up the series here, but it doesn't single it out as the flagship title.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
One of their flagships, if we're being specific. It definitely props up the series here, but it doesn't single it out as the flagship title.
Fixed. I have a dumb brain that can't type properly 😎

Although due to the financial report almost exclusively talking about Trails you could make a case for the original

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Am I the only one and along with a select few of people think that, with the amount of collaboration content with Nintendo and other company like Sega and Bandai with Koei Tecmo revolving around their titular Warriors series of game and the fact that a new Dynasty Warriors game is going to be released sometime in the horizon leads me to believe that with all of this Hayabusa being the representation of Koei Tecmo I could somewhat make a stance about a Warriors character, from the mainline game, might be a possible candidate for a character (preferably Zhao Yun or Yukimura) considering it's Koei Tecmo's flagship game instead of Hayabusa who's taking all of the spotlight with his leaks and being an ''NES icon'' and all of that sounds really annoying.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
I'm probably interrupting something, but I'm kind of thinking Monokuma would make for a cool assist trophy, particularly if it is based on the "Monokuma Theater" segments of the Danganronpa games. I imagine him functioning similarly to Mr. Resetti in Brawl, except that Monokuma would be mocking one of the fighters in-battle in particular (rather than just running his mouth), even if it's the dude who summoned him. (For example, if Donkey Kong's on stage, Monokuma might throw shade at Donkey Kong.) I think he'd be useless, but funny.

Attachments

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That's great! You acknowledge that you're just giving opinions. Feel free to continue to do so. I just felt that those opinions and impressions that you have are misinformed.

I've also supported those claims you so dislike through logic. Ring Fit Adventure fans wouldn't call the main character too similar to Wii Fit Trainer because those games are so different that playing them would make that distinction very obvious. I don't know why "RFA players actually don't like the protagonist!" is the hill you chose to die on, but hey, feel free to counterargue I guess.

Dragaux not being able to do much that the main character can't is, again, a fact derived from having played the game and seen what Dragaux does in his boss fights. And what I've seen of supporters is self-explanatory.

I guess I could link to clips of Dragaux's boss fights to show what he can do, or link you to the Ring Fit support thread so that you can chat with fans and learn what they think (instead of, I guess, taking internet randos for their word) but I'm sure you're a smart person and can seek those for yourself.
Yes, I am giving opinions. You are
1- aggressing, and misquoting me intentionally
2- ignoring my request for you to show any merit to your posts
3- making assumptions left and right. I own the game. I know Dragaux well. I don't know Ring Fit Trainee, as he is given no depth, characterization, or even a name.

How about I stop telling you what I think, and you start backing up your claims, wherein you claim to speak for the entire fanbase of RFA? I'm tired of your trolling. Thanks.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You're expecting depth out of every crevice in a fitness RPG.

Where your main character fights fitness demons with a talking ring.
No, that's quite a leap from what I said. Kind of like what Goodgrief did a few pages back. But it is not to be overlooked that Dragaux is not only given a name, but characterization. The protagonist is not given either.
If 'thinking the main character should be given as much character as the antagonist' is illogical, that's your call to make. But it certainly isn't asking for every crevise in a fitness RPG to be explored. It's asking for any depth to the main character, and stating that since he has none, yeah, it is quite possible he could be overlooked for something more interesting or more developed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom