• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I mean if we are talking uniqueness here, I think Gran/Djeeta could be equally as unique as Euden if they bring in the summoning system from the game.
And it's likely more feasible to do so since Euden's draco-shifting mechanics would likely either be done in the same way as Corrin (AKA, the boring way) or it would require a second moveset or something.

"My Japanese compatriots, you can now play Banjo and Kazooie... as long as you own an XBone ayy lmao :4pacman:"
Well having to own an XBox is still better than "you literally cannot play this".

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I mean if we are talking uniqueness here, I think Gran/Djeeta could be equally as unique as Euden if they bring in the summoning system from the game.
Euden would probably have a summoning system on top of a dragon. Plus that doesn't even address the issue of Nintendo's Priority when it comes to the ownership of Euden.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
And it's likely more feasible to do so since Euden's draco-shifting mechanics would likely either be done in the same way as Corrin (AKA, the boring way) or it would require a second moveset or something.

Well having to own an XBox is still better than "you literally cannot play this".
BRUH! They literally changed how Stages even function in order to get Steve working, I don't think an entirely second moveset is that bad to a character's chances when the deadline was already increased from a Year and Two Months, to 2 Years Flat-out plus 2 Additional Months due to finalization in November. If too many new animations were a problem then Charizard is literally RIGHT THERE! Rip Half the Animations from him since I think The Dragons of Dragalia would share a Similar Bone Structure animation wise, so animation would be like that.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Me: "An "Everyone is Here!" would be cool for the Marvel Vs. Capcom series! I'm sure that's feasible right?"

Me: "Never mind then!"

But yeah, a close enough kind of deal would be pretty cool, though I think they'd benefit a bit more from focusing on newcomers, though adding in a few key favorites from Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 would be great.

Especially if one of them is Mega Man (Classic).
Quite honestly, this should be the main goal of the next MvC game after Infinite. If the next entry is going to be the last game in the series, it's gotta go with a bang.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
View attachment 291628
Certainly doesn't feel like it, but ill just shut up now, I don't like arguing
I don't know what acknowledging trends and facts has to do with liking a character. As far as ARMS goes, I'm

1- Lola Pop
2- Twintelle
3- Spring Man
4- Barq and Byte

I have no idea what disliking or liking a character has to do with the conversation we were having.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Honestly a lot of the earlier Vs. games have a lot of redundant or outdated characters I'm fine with leaving in the past. Don't think I need to see the likes of Bone Claws Wolverine or Marrow again.
To be fair, lots of people thought the same about Young Link and Pichu.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
To be fair, lots of people thought the same about Young Link and Pichu.
Sure but MVC2's roster in particular was littered with all kinds of random and worthless Street Fighter and X-Men characters and I don't think it's worth the effort of bringing them all back, especially since that's like what, 50 or so characters that would have to be built from scratch (whereas Ultimate was built on Smash 4, thus making bringing everyone back more feasible).

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm still sticking to what Sakurai said about Vol. 2 being the last DLC for Ultimate.
When did he say that?
Last I checked he said 'at least this many fighters are left.'
Sure, be safe-- but I do want to see where Sakurai said that.
Honestly a lot of the earlier Vs. games have a lot of redundant or outdated characters I'm fine with leaving in the past. Don't think I need to see the likes of Bone Claws Wolverine or Marrow again.
Marrow is how we ended up with Spike in the Evolution series- though he ultimately becomes a Morlock.
I'd love to see them both in Contest of Champions. I never play that game anymore, but I love to see the new characters they bring in. It's fun to be given a character every two weeks. For years. The ridiculous picks are eventually overturned by the addition of your favorites (except Jessica Jones... who wasn't added because she is 'like Black Widow.' What sense does that make? They have not one thing in common except body frame. Sexist.)

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
One guarantee for the next MvC-
Black Panther will finally make it in.
I cannot see him being ignored, given the impact of the movie, and Chadwick Boseman.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
...I thought it was literally your intention to forget about MvCI and therefore Black Panther being one of its DLC fighters.
Nah, I didn't know Black Panther ever made it in. When I had last checked, he hadn't. Though that was before DLC.

In that case- I'll root for Namor, the second of the two kings! Maybe he can get a not ridiculous design for once.
I wonder if they would make him a mutant...

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
BRUH! They literally changed how Stages even function in order to get Steve working, I don't think an entirely second moveset is that bad to a character's chances when the deadline was already increased from a Year and Two Months, to 2 Years Flat-out plus 2 Additional Months due to finalization in November. If too many new animations were a problem then Charizard is literally RIGHT THERE! Rip Half the Animations from him since I think The Dragons of Dragalia would share a Similar Bone Structure animation wise, so animation would be like that.
The issue is that more than one moveset = more than one character. If this idea were for the base roster, I wouldn't be worrying about this, but since this is DLC in which 6 characters exactly are confirmed...

Steve lol
I don't think Steve is clunky so much as he requires a different mindset to play.

Or ya'know, just spam Up Tilt. lol

Sure but MVC2's roster in particular was littered with all kinds of random and worthless Street Fighter...characters...
lol wut? It's literally just a bunch of the world warriors, Nash, Dan, and Akuma. The only character that you could argue is random is Nash, and even he's a more important character to the series nowadays.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
When did he say that?
Last I checked he said 'at least this many fighters are left.'
Sure, be safe-- but I do want to see where Sakurai said that.

"There are only 5 more DLC fighters! After they have been released, the continuous Smash development from Smash for 3DS/Wii U will finally come to an end."

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Also Sakura.
Ah, must've skipped over her name. She also makes sense as an addition though.

The only Street Fighter character in MvC that I would truly call random (assuming I'm not forgetting anyone else) is C. Viper since she's a one-off for Street Fighter 4.

Robert Sephazon works in Source Gaming and one of the big translators alongside Push Dustin.
Noted. Thanks!

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what acknowledging trends and facts has to do with liking a character. As far as ARMS goes, I'm

1- Lola Pop
2- Twintelle
3- Spring Man
4- Barq and Byte

I have no idea what disliking or liking a character has to do with the conversation we were having.
Its just that it feels like every time Spring Man's name is thrown in here, you MASSIVELY downplay his actual importance to the ARMS series,

I don't know how you don't see your posts and think that it doesn't look like your hating on Spring Man. Color me surprised when I found out you actually don't despise him.

we don't know what will happen in the future, he might be replaced or he might not
no one knows not even you (no your not using "facts" your speculating like everyone else") but hey if im wrong and Springman thrown to the sidelines ill gladly take the L

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Alright since we can't have Euden apparently

It is Granblue time!

It has an official english translation that is consistently updated day in date with the Japanese version it is not region locked and is also free to play. Granblue Fantasy Versus, The Anime and soon ReLink it will help expand the brand worldwide. Cygames is a big Japanese company and they have a friendly relationship with Nintendo I think a Granblue character has a legitimate chance.

it is also in the top 35 highest grossing mobile games of all time and makes a lot of money

Now if we want to look at that Mobile game list a bit further the 7th highest grossing mobile game is Fate/Grand Order and Fate is massive over there and it did start out as a video game...
I've had GranBlue in the back of my mind for a while for a potential mobile rep, since it's currently bigger and has more legacy than Dragalia, but I don't really know how to start. I don't even know how it plays beyond the gacha mechanics.
Now if we want to look at that Mobile game list a bit further the 7th highest grossing mobile game is Fate/Grand Order and Fate is massive over there and it did start out as a video game...
Wait
WAIT
HOLY %$#@
I just realized this thing comes from Fate

Now I want Fate content just because we can say this is now a part of Smash

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Random but I’ve been thinking about the fact the CSS can only hold 91 characters, including miis and unstacked echoes, before crashing

did we ever determine if that was a hardware or software limitation? Would stacking echoes affect anything?

I've had GranBlue in the back of my mind for a while for a potential mobile rep, since it's currently bigger and has more legacy than Dragalia, but I don't really know how to start. I don't even know how it plays beyond the gacha mechanics.

Wait
WAIT
HOLY %$#@
I just realized this thing comes from Fate

Now I want Fate content just because we can say this is now a part of Smash
Don’t forget this gem

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Ah, must've skipped over her name. She also makes sense as an addition though.

The only Street Fighter character in MvC that I would truly call random (assuming I'm not forgetting anyone else) is C. Viper since she's a one-off for Street Fighter 4.

Noted. Thanks!
In C. Viper's defense, she was one of the more popular SF4 newcomers. I was honestly expecting someone like Rashid in Infinite to represent SFV, but...

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I personally believe the roster should focus on bringing in a Mix of Old and New. Also, get ArcSys to develop it ASAP! I would love a MvC Game that even gets remotely close to looking like the MVC2 Artwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom