• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slime Master

Smash Ace
While I don't know that spring man was never considered because of his assist trophy, I do think that could have acted as a foot-in-the-door to consider other options from ARMS, which is where Min Min's merits took over. Pure speculation of course, but I think it's a possibility worth considering.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
For whatever reason when people have anime avatars I hear their posts with a high pitched voice.
really? I thought from the expression alone I'm the type of person who bumped out and decided to reply to this thread on a random occasion. Even the character in my pfp reflects that in canon, tho more so cool-headed

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
really? I thought from the expression alone I'm the type of person who bumped out and decided to reply to this thread on a random occasion. Even the character in my pfp reflects that in canon, tho more so cool-headed
That's Hata no Kokoro from touhou, right?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i forgot a joke name for Ribbon Girl oof

uhhhh

Idol Sailor Moon. I guess. idk

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I can make a very easy joke here

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

don't say the V word don't say the V word DO NOT SAY THE V WORD

SKX31

Smash Master
A profile picture does a lot to how I perceive a user. It gives me their voice, changes how I read their posts, and what gender I perceive them as regardless of gender I know they actually are (which is why I usually check before using pronouns, but I guess I thought I had memorized @Smashing Ramen's).

Fore example, when @Schnee117 had a picture of...I'm pretty sure it was Sombra, I perceived her as this cool no nonsense action hero type chick. Now it's something more nebulous, and I was a little sad to see it go (not that the current one is bad though).

It's why changing your avatar can screw with me to the point of making me forget who you are. Honestly, I think Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura is the only one to have changed their avatar without me perceiving them differently.
Huh, I do kinda wonder how you read my posts then. Since my avatar could not be less connected to the stuff I usually talk about (I am a hockey fan, yes. Colorado Avalanche to be more exact, which is ironic since it's the team in white in the pic. It's also how I got a hold of the image to begin with.).

For whatever reason when people have anime avatars I hear their posts with a high pitched voice.
It's worth keeping in mind that there's not a whole lot of anime protagonists who sound like say Fist of the North Star's Ken. Most protagonists - whether shonen or shoujo (IIRC) - are rather young. And Nozawa (Goku's seiyuu) was likely very influential in the field.

Sakurai sneaks into the room and starts playing Gourmet Race in the background.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

So, who's hungry for this?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
....what.

You couldn't just...zoom in really far in Paint?
I wouldn't do pixel art in MS Paint. In fact, I did actually attempt to make my avatar in paint, but I could not make a good drawing. If it weren't for the metadata that your phone sticks on an image, I'd just take a picture of an irl drawing.

voracious

Huh, I do kinda wonder how you read my posts then. Since my avatar could not be less connected to the stuff I usually talk about (I am a hockey fan, yes. Colorado Avalanche to be more exact, which is ironic since it's the team in white in the pic. It's also how I got a hold of the image to begin with.).
Not sure. I'm sure it has some effect, but it's pretty nebulous.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Vehemently disappointed because there's still no new Spirits.

SKX31

Smash Master
I was Very aware.
You mean... voracious?
" Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. [carves "V" into poster on wall] The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V. "

The above speech would fit a certain DmC character:

(Did they put in a V for Vendetta reference in DmC5? I forget.)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
In Ultimate, I got one character I wanted (:ultsteve:) and one character that I did... not want.

pretty happy all things considered
My most wanted list is quite long, but Ultimate already gave me 2 characters from my top 10(Simon and Erdrick) and one from further down(Terry). But I'd still be happy if I got one more before the end.

The only additions that really pissed me off so far were Plant and Byleth.

New topic: What are the third party companies you most want to see represented in Smash?
That aren't already? Koei Tecmo and ArcSys.

Well...I suppose ArcSys already has some spirits, but...

Ice cream... that tastes like butter?

...what's wrong with people?
You know ice cream and butter are practically the same thing right?

Last edited:

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
How was Spring Man done dirty? Min Min is the most popular character of the series- which is likely to become the mascot, considering she was popular with fans from her reveal for ARMS, won the popularity poll (and thusly, the actual ARMS tournament, in cannon), and is the producers pick.

In contrast. Spring Man, the 'not protagonist,' is on the cover of the first game. To visually explain it to buyers.
This is simple marketing. That's it. Proven by Sakurai using a Spring to explain the concept of the game.

Spring Man is not important. What more do people want for this to be shown as accurate? It was stated.
Enough people have answered you, but I'm just gonna say something else, to everyone it just looks like you have something against Spring Man, like you actually hate him.

Spring Man may not be important to you, but he is to me and plenty others as well round the whole internet and he is one of Yabuki's favorites, maybe less than Min Min but a favorite nevertheless

I'm not trying to change your opinion on him, but maybe don't say stuff that Spring man isn't important because that's obviously not true

Double K

Smash Lord
" Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. [carves "V" into poster on wall] The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V. "

(Did they put in a V for Vendetta reference in DmC5? I forget.)
There is no DmC5. DmC ended on its first game

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Wow...I didn't think I'd like it as much as Bury the Light because it's one of my favorites now but...I was not expecting to absolutely hate this song.

Well I guess that makes the DMC OST scorecard:
  • Devils Never Cry (Original & MvC remixes): Dislike
  • Bury the Light: Love
  • Crimson Cloud: Hate
Hmm. Not sure what to think about the series's musical style then.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Wow...I didn't think I'd like it as much as Bury the Light because it's one of my favorites now but...I was not expecting to absolutely hate this song.

It probably means you don't really like the heavier stuff. Bury the Light has a more industrial/techno feel (I think), so you'd probably like Devil Trigger if you're looking for something a little more upbeat.
Not sure how you'd feel about Shall Never Surrender, but maybe it'll click with you.
Don't think you'd be a fan of Subhuman, though.
Just be thankful I didn't post the original version

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Enough people have answered you, but I'm just gonna say something else, to everyone it just looks like you have something against Spring Man, like you actually hate him.

Spring Man may not be important to you, but he is to me and plenty others as well round the whole internet and he is one of Yabuki's favorites, maybe less than Min Min but a favorite nevertheless

I'm not trying to change your opinion on him, but maybe don't say stuff that Spring man isn't important because that's obviously not true
I love Spring Man. There is nothing personal in my statements. I enjoy him more than Min Min.

If logically predicting, explaining, and then being told by Nintendo isn't enough, then nothing is. It reminds me of many political conversations I've had. If there is any heat in my conversation, it's simply that.

That said, I do think it is a bit ridiculous to say 'it's personal' just because I, or anyone else, reasonably dispute a claim.
I was watching Papagenos’s League/Falcom rumor video and after mentioning the Fortnite “no comment” thing there was also this:
View attachment 291619
View attachment 291620
yeah I was watching from the discord app

but $10 says this is a spirit event IF ANYTHING
...... THERE IS A CUPHEAD CARTOON1/1!>!>????!?!?!!!??

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
New topic: What are the third party companies you most want to see represented in Smash?
I have some company that haven't been represented in Smash that I want including character.

These are :
Arcsystemworks (Sol Badguy/Ragna)
Sony (Ratchet & Clank)
Team Shanghai Alice/ZUN himself (Reimu Hakurei)
Cygames (Gran/Djeeta)
Koei Tecmo (Zhao Yun)
Nippon Ichi (Laharl or Disgaea 6 protag)

yes, I prefer Dynasty Warriors as THE koei tecmo rep than Ninja Gaiden, come at me!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It probably means you don't really like the heavier stuff. Bury the Light has a more industrial/techno feel (I think), so you'd probably like Devil Trigger if you're looking for something a little more upbeat.
Not entirely sure how I feel about this one.

Not sure how you'd feel about Shall Never Surrender, but maybe it'll click with you.
I quite like the second half. The first half is just kinda...there. EDIT: Overall I think I like it though.

Don't think you'd be a fan of Subhuman, though.
I can't listen to this with a straight face. It's all like "raaaaaaugh! Me tough guy! Have deep voooooice!". lol

I think I actually like this one the best, though probably just ironically.

EDIT EDIT: While I don't really care for Devils Never Cry, the Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite remix still did not fail to make me go "look at how they massacred my boy!". Good gravy that game's musical style is awful. I haven't heard a single song there that wasn't just, the song, but flat or underwater.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Its musical style is terrible cheesy song lyrics that I don't think anyone likes until they play the game and embrace the stupidity head-on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom