• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
A lunch of enough sodium to kill an elephant over characters you never would have played as anyway not making the cut.
i'm pretty sure macaroni and cheese doesn't taste very good with a lot of salt.

thank you for trying to get me to consider new cooking ideas. i will try to be more creative in the future.

SKX31

Smash Master
Absolutely.

So what characters do you guys think will be cut in the next Smash Bros?
Sorry, but didn't we have this discussion yesterday?

Maybe something like "Which character from a genre you've not played extensively would you like to see"? (For me, Adol / Gilgamesh since I don't have much RPG experience.)

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Maybe something like "Which character from a genre you've not played extensively would you like to see"? (For me, Adol / Gilgamesh since I don't have much RPG experience.)
Why not both? "Which character from a genre you've not played extensively do you guys think will be cut in the next Smash Bros? " :4pacman:

But to answer the question seriously, I'd go with Doom Slayer or Master Chief. I don't particularly want them except for watching people's reactions, but FPS is one of the biggest genres out there and it's a bit baffling that it's still unrepresented in Smash outside of Metroid Prime.

I'd also say someone from a strategy game/God simulator or a Musou, but I don't have a clear character in mind for those.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Funnily enough, Reimu. Touhou is the only shoot-em-up/bullet hell I've actually played, in no small part because of the characters and especially the soundtrack. It's really ironic; One of my most wanteds is from a genre I rarely ever play.

To a lesser extent, Isaac. Action RPGs seem to have become my preferred genre in the past couple years, be it "pure" action RPG (Trials of Mana, Ys VIII) or partial action RPG (Bloodstained, Astral Chain), but I've actually never completed a traditional, turn-based RPG beyond Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Shield, both of which are more focused on the monster catching. Part of Golden Sun's appeal for me is that it seems like a good starting point for the genre, which I have next to no experience with.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Hm, I haven't dabbled much in life/farming simulation games but something like Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley would be neat to see.

I also don't play many puzzle games either (I've enjoyed what I have played tho) but Arle is one of my most wanted.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I haven't played much in the way of horror games (it's pretty much Eternal Darkness, Resident Evil 4, and Resident Evil 5, and I'm honestly not sure if the last two count - there's also Dead By Daylight and Friday the 13th, but those aren't as scary since they're either purely multiplayer or the only single-player content has you controlling the killer), but I'd like to see Alexandra Roivas or Leon Kennedy in Smash (or Jill Valentine; I'm just more familiar with what Leon can do, since I've actually played a Resident Evil game where he's playable).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If you twist words and definitions enough, Mario Paint could be considered non-gaming Software and that has an assist so Miku could in fact be eligible.
Yes, yes and ROB isn't actually a video game character, he's a piece of technology. That doesn't make a Nokia phone more likely by extension, it just means Nintendo likes showing off hardware.

I've NEVER beat a single horror game. That said, I think the concept of a Resident Evil character is really cool, Chris or Jill having a mix of police martial arts with powerful resource based military equipment would be an interesting concept.

At least I'd like that if they weren't competing with another Capcom series I liked.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So the Ruined King League of Legends game was just confirmed for the Switch, Feel like that's another big check mark going for them among a lot of other big check marks for that series
Yeah, we were talking about it a page or two before.

If anything, there's a good chance of League spinoffs showing up at TGA. That's more than enough incentive for me to watch. :laugh:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Yeah, we were talking about it a page or two before.

If anything, there's a good chance of League spinoffs showing up at TGA. That's more than enough incentive for me to watch. :laugh:
Ah my bad, was about 100 pages back so I missed it. May actually give it a play since I know my brother is buying it at some point

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So the Ruined King League of Legends game was just confirmed for the Switch, Feel like that's another big check mark going for them among a lot of other big check marks for that series
Before I read this I thought the trailer was for Hades DLC or something. lol

Also, it kind of feels like you need to understand League of Legends lore before you could understand this.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Yes, yes and ROB isn't actually a video game character, he's a piece of technology. That doesn't make a Nokia phone more likely by extension, it just means Nintendo likes showing off hardware.
I needed to make a very flimsy point that actively ignores past precedent to prove why my character is 100% guaranteed and why your most wanted is unlikely and stinky:strongbad:

latsmash

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5085-9089-2026
Hatsume Miku could happen but I don't know why she would, just the character itself wouldn't really work for Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom