• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
You know what character is important to Falcom?

Adol

You know what Adol kinda sounds like?

"A doll"

This might be evidence that we could see Adol get a mii costume in Geno's character pack! :ultpacman:
Well, now that you wrote a tinfoil hat theory, he'll definitely make a video about it now :4pacman:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still doubt a Sony character happening. But if I got to pick one, I'd still go with Ratchet and Clank. It's a series I like quite a bit. And I do hope more Sony discussion here isn't just Kratos and the occasional Kat fan.

So I'm trying to look at legitimate candidates for voice theory. I was thinking about Devil May Cry, but I don't know very much about the series. How similar is Virgil to Dante? Could they work as palette swaps? Are their personalities too different perhaps?
Not at all really. Even one of the few weapons they share, Beowulf has some different moves between the two brothers.

Unless they stuck entirely to Force Edge, but not letting Dante being over the top and flashy with at least his Guns as well, wouldn't feel too much like Dante.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Let's talk Cole MacGrath then
Electricity Man would indeed be neat. In PSASBR, they split him into two different characters, do you think they'd do that now? Or would Sakurai somehow be enough of a madman to implement good/evil mechanics into Cole so you can eventually add their exclusive abilities to his tool kit.

Either way, he's got a weird unique weapon, some electricity bs and the rail grind animation could make for a good Dash or Side-B.

Don't get me started on Alex Mercer or James Heller. Pretty much the Videogame version of Carnage.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Electricity Man would indeed be neat. In PSASBR, they split him into two different characters, do you think they'd do that now? Or would Sakurai somehow be enough of a madman to implement good/evil mechanics into Cole so you can eventually add their exclusive abilities to his tool kit.

Either way, he's got a weird unique weapon, some electricity bs and the rail grind animation could make for a good Dash or Side-B.

Don't get me started on Alex Mercer or James Heller. Pretty much the Videogame version of Carnage.
I think Sakurai would definitely try his hardest to impliment Karma in a hypothetical scenario where Cole gets in.

It's just too major to inFAMOUS gameplay to not be implimented that way.

That said, the outfit changes based on karma would be alts rather than change during gameplay for convenience.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Alright... a Falcom character, I've been convinced into. And I'm pretty tired of RPG characters, as well as the talk of it.

The music really won me over.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Can someone catch me up to speed about a Falcom rep? Is there a Ys or Trails of Cold Steel rumor floatin' around? :nifty:
A few days before the Ys IX localization/Switch port announcement in the New Game Plus expo, someone posted this to 4chan:

Initially, the only announcement that this predicted correctly was Ys IX. However, recently Switch ports of Cold Steel I/II and Zero & Ao no Kiseki Kai were announced for Japan/China/Korea, which somewhat lines up with the Zero/Azure Switch port mentioned in the post.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
A few days before the Ys IX localization/Switch port announcement in the New Game Plus expo, someone posted this to 4chan:
Initially, the only announcement that this predicted correctly was Ys IX. However, recently Switch ports of Cold Steel I/II and Zero & Ao no Kiseki Kai were announced for Japan/China/Korea, which somewhat lines up with the Zero/Azure Switch port mentioned in the post.
Wait, there's one thing I don't get: if Cold Steel is supposedly getting a Spirit Event... doesn't that pretty much disconfirm Rean, hypothetically speaking? And if it was Rean, there's no sense in including him and then making a whole Spirit event around Cold Steel.

So if it all lined up, that would mean either Adol or Estelle.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Wait, there's one thing I don't get: if Cold Steel is supposedly getting a Spirit Event... doesn't that pretty much disconfirm Rean, hypothetically speaking? And if it was Rean, there's no sense in including him and then making a whole Spirit event around Cold Steel.

So if it all lined up, that would mean either Adol or Estelle.
I think the key point is that leaker-kun said he's unsure if it's a random event or if it's related to the character pack. So in a sense if Rean is the fighter then the Cold Steel spirits would come with his spirit board, if he isn't the fighter then a random spirit event would drop instead.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

The fact that Zero and Azure's PS4 rereleases were not only announced, but released weeks before that leak was even posted (Azure in May and Zero in April) gives me some level of doubt.

Trails of Cold Steel III's Switch version was also released in Japan since March, with the localization coming out about a few days after that leak was posted. And ToCS IV's localization was announced back in April for both PS4 and Switch.

It's possible that the leaker could be using already known information and use the "someone messaged this a while back" excuse to cover that up because I think it's weird that most the stuff that isn't Smash didn't just come true, but did so before the leak was even posted.

Ys IX being localized could be a guess since Falcom has been localizing their games a good amount recently, from what I heard.

In other words, hype responsibly. Don't assume it's a guarantee, but speculating about a Falcom rep is still a nice breath of fresh air, so let's keep doing that :p

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

This seems like it could be one of those situations where real information is mixed with fake information, like the Devil May Cry 5 leak that detailed a bunch of information about the game that hadn't been shown (possibly including V's entire existence - I can't remember if he'd been announced by then or not), and followed it up with the description of a trailer for Dante in Smash that never happened.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom