• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I think Terry is probably where the threshold is on how "big" a third party character has to be to be in Smash.

:ultbayonetta: and :ultbanjokazooie: are both very special specific cases and probably shouldn't be used as the point of comparison.
Isn't that convenient? "Nintendo only picks big third parties and if they pick a smaller one it doesn't count because X"
If Travis had made it people would be arguing he wouldn't count because Suda stalked Sakurai for years

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Isn't that convenient? "Nintendo only picks big third parties and if they pick a smaller one it doesn't count because X"
If Travis had made it people would be arguing he wouldn't count because Suda stalked Sakurai for years
It's not like it narrows down anything either, everyone's still up on the table. Unless you're trying to shoot down people like Reimu.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Not really. Banjo & Kazooie and Bayonetta were both popular picks on the ballot and they're also honorary Nintendo characters, as Nintendo originally owned the Banjo IP and they've been publishing and funding Bayo's newer games. They definitely feel like special exceptions to me in a way that someone like Travis wouldn't, and that's why I wasn't surprised to see him get Mii'd the other day.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
That's what he said, but the rage in that... that was like the dude who was seething over Steve not too long ago. Mans need an Oscar for that acting.
Yeah. I wouldn't be surprised if PapaGenos did a Theater Arts Class during his Youth.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I feel like a lot of leaks with correct info throw smash info into the mix just to gather more popularity. Just recently someone leaked Activision's roadmap for Crash Bandicoot and the thing after Crash 4 is Crash in Smash.

I mean, we don't know how legit that is because it was all insider talk but many credible Crash leakers seems it's legit. But we got this Dante and Ryza leaks too and those were bogus in relation to smash so..............

Still gib Bandicoot

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Which of the third parties would you describe being in "just because they're unique fighters"? It feels like everyone has a notable legacy factor behind them (besides like Bayonetta, but again, a special case), they didn't feel like they were included just because "they'd be fun".
I don't think that's the only factor but given the unique mechanics of several ones that have been released suggests to me that chance to incorporate distinct playstyles with them (like Terry's Super Special moves) might have played a part in why they got in.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Then again the PapaGenos Byleth reaction was a Fake.
yeah, itys pretty easy to give an overblown immature reaction then claim its fake after. I could of done the same thing with minecraft if i wanted to ( i probably did oof my bad)

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
You Know there actually something I'm wondering

You know how The Smash Team has the announcer (Xander Mobus) Say Many Character Names, even many ones that wouldn't be Playable in Smash so that Xander won't know who the characters are and that They have an Announcer Call on Deck

Could they also be doing the Same in other Aspects. I remember that V's Actor mentioned that Dante was gonna be in MVC and Smash. if that was real thing, it was probably because Reuben might have told him about it in excitement or Something, but is it Entiringly Possible that they record New Character lines in the case that they may be Playable, but they might not come to Fruition

Or how Perhaps companies can Conceptualize Stages, Movesets, etc like that for Planning, but that also doesn't come to Fruition?

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Well, then it's kind of suspicious that he didn't livestream the Byleth Reaction like he did for Banjo and Terry's Presentations. Almost like the reaction was fake or something like that.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I'd also like to mention that Dante's skins aren't as easy as other skins. Remember, one of the most defining traits of the Devil May Cry combat system is the Devil Trigger, a transformation which changes his physical appearance to that of a demon's. That means that for every alternate costume that Dante has, you also have to create an alternate devil trigger form depending on which version of Dante you're using.
View attachment 288641View attachment 288642View attachment 288643View attachment 288644

While I'd like to see all the DMCs represented, I'm thinking they might just pick one or 2 and run with that design.
lol, didn't thought of this. I feel very dumb because it's an obvious "problem".

To be honest I would still be okay with sacrificing some faithfulness, if we only get one DT design but we get 4 different costumes for Dante, I'd be okay. Anyway I don't think it would be too muck work for them to design 4 different Devil Triggers. 3, 4 and 5 are relatively similar in form.
But I also thought giving Terry his Garou costume wouldn't be really problematic and well...

Maaaaybe he is, but I feel inner-company wars are what really get the most heated. We got 3 JRPG characters in FP1, getting 2 action characters isn’t a stretch IMO. Especially since Ryu also reps more than just action games.
I agree. I don't think why Ryu and Dante (or any character action game protagonist for that matter) in the same Pass would be a problem. I guess I could understand the point if they were revealed at the same time, or both were FP8 and FP9, but still... Joker and Hero were FP1 and FP2 and it wasn't a problem.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I feel like a lot of leaks with correct info throw smash info into the mix just to gather more popularity. Just recently someone leaked Activision's roadmap for Crash Bandicoot and the thing after Crash 4 is Crash in Smash.

I mean, we don't know how legit that is because it was all insider talk but many credible Crash leakers seems it's legit. But we got this Dante and Ryza leaks too and those were bogus in relation to smash so..............

Still gib Bandicoot
Are they backing the Smash part though? To me it seems like people just added on Smash to a credible leak about all of the other Crash stuff. I haven’t seen what the Crash leakers have said though.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Still gib Bandicoot
Which Dante leak are you talking about? I guess you're talking about that one from 2018 who gave a lot of details for DMC5 and then also said Dante was in Ultimate's base roster. Because I don't remember any prominent and discussed leaks involving him after that.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Which Dante leak are you talking about? I guess you're talking about that one from 2018 who gave a lot of details for DMC5 and then also said Dante was in Ultimate's base roster. Because I don't remember any prominent and discussed leaks involving him after that.
That one. I just was talking about how seemingly legit leaks just slap smash info for clout when usually it's bogus but the rest is legit.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't think that's the only factor but given the unique mechanics of several ones that have been released suggests to me that chance to incorporate distinct playstyles with them (like Terry's Super Special moves) might have played a part in why they got in.
SNK has been wanting to make a ton of guest appearances lately. Terry's super moves are just part Sakurai's desire to incorporate gimmicks into DLC fighters, not the reason he got in.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Yeah. I do. Because using your logic, The Smash 4 Rayman and Shovel Knight Leaks are real because there's too much effort put into them for them to be fake.
I can tell this is going nowhere, so I'll just say this: you're implying he put too much effort into his reaction for it to be fake.

Moving on, what time is that Treehouse thing again? I might watch it if I have the time.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Well, that leak's dead...
Dang, was writing a speculation essay and was planning to talk about her. This is one of those situations like the Doom Guy interview where it's kind of hard to come back from: This pretty much kills Ryza's chances in my eyes, unfortunately.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I thought Shokio's Reaction to steve was Over-exagerrated though, like Obviously he didn't like the Addition, but From what I believe, he does overhype the reactions.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Broke: Lloyd
Woke: Yuri
Bespoke: Velvet
Masterstroke: Alphen
A S C E N D E D: Shionne

FYI Shionne’s the “other” protagonist of Arise

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Has Nintendo done much promotion of stuff like their exclusive mobile series as content within console games? One of the reasons I was always curious about getting something from Atelier Ryza was that it felt like they kept IP's like that fairly separate from the mainline games division outside basic social media marketing.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
How would you guys feel about this being the final four? Ryu Hayabusa, Gordon Freeman, Crash Bandicoot, and Dante. It's my crazy prediction atm, lol. Though Geno and Master Chief remain alternative picks.
I like all of the characters here. This would definitely make up for Min Min and Steve in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom