• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
That was a pretty fun breakdown, all things considered. Fs in chat for Travis, Gil and Bomberman, though.

. . .Though someone remind me, which developer owns Gil's series? And did he really have a Mii costume in 4? I don't remember.

European stream had no issue with namedropping No More Heroes, fyi.
Yes, Gil was in Smash 4 as a dlc-costume. According to the Smashwiki the developer is namco.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
>B-BUT TRAVIS HAS A NEW GAME COMING OUT SOON! HE'S SUPER RELEVANT! AND SUDA 51 REFUSED TO COMMENT ABOUT TRAVIS IN SMASH! HE DEFINITELY GOING TO BE A FIGHTER!
Let this be a lesson to all of you who think that relevancy and having a new game coming out decides who's getting in.
Gee, thanks, ****. Glad you're getting the chance to puff out your chest and feel superior to all us mouth-breathers because you didn't have hope for a character.

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
Not gonna lie, Travis being Mii Costume'd stung a bit. He was my most wanted character for a while now. Oh well, I'll take the Monster Hunter Mii Costumes not returning yet as a good sign for Dante, which is another character I'd really like to see.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Remind me who the "Mii Costume guy" is again?
Some guy in F*tm*n Discord server who got most of the Mii costume that came with Banjo (expert for Sans) and also said that a Smithy and Mallow Mii costume were coming.

Apparently, he also has a gigantic list of characters who are also disconfirmed (either because they are spirit or future Mii costume) and outside of Travis he didn't get any of them right after Banjo.

So yeah, either he made a lot of lucky guesses or simply he had information for that Sakurai presentation and after that he just made stuff up (again, like Loz18 did back in 2018)

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
>B-BUT TRAVIS HAS A NEW GAME COMING OUT SOON! HE'S SUPER RELEVANT! AND SUDA 51 REFUSED TO COMMENT ABOUT TRAVIS IN SMASH! HE DEFINITELY GOING TO BE A FIGHTER!
Let this be a lesson to all of you who think that relevancy and having a new game coming out decides who's getting in.
I'm saving this for when the Geno costume shows up.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
At first glance that block building seems a little busted to me, but we'll have to see how it comes together.

Creating a wall off-stage seems a little much.
Yeah, even my theories on how he'd work included Up Specials instantly breaking the blocks regardless of whether or not they have hitboxes. Steve's gonna be a top tier edge guarder methinks.

Arcane Jill

Smash Apprentice
Steve looks like a blast but good that song selection is just bad with it having non of the iconic C418 tracks and only 7 at that. He's even more of a programming nightmare than I thought lol. Sucks about Travis, but being acknowledged at all is better being ignored. Guess fp8 will be Jan/Feb.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Why do you think KOS-MOS more likely than Prince of All Cosmos, Don-chan, Haruka, or most of Namco's library?
How would Haruka be more likely than KOS-MOS? most Idolmaster games haven’t left Japan and the few that did were limited time apparently

I’m just not feeling Prince happening either tbh

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A pettier person than myself would just suggest to pay attention to what MisterMike MisterMike wants and remind him when it fails to come to fruition.

It shouldn't be too hard, he's a Geno supporter.

That's priceless. Weren't Geno leakers hyping up the next Smash reveal to be Geno as well back in July or whenever we had the first partner showcase?

Shroob

Sup?
My takeaways:

-Steve looks hella rad

Okay now onto Mii costumes and Amiibo

-Well, Suda's no comment was a hint, it was just what some people expected, and what I personally thought, that it didn't necessarily mean playable, which, well that definitely is a Mii costume alright

-Bomberman's AT really makes me sus on the potential for AT upgrades going forward. Considering the Bomberman model pretty much just looks like it's the AT model flat out, it feels more like a "He's not gonna be playable, but you can still play as him" kinda deal.

-Gil returning with no Lloyd is expected, but suspect, but they've been slow rolling the Namco costumes anyway

-BOTH Monster Hunter costumes are still MIA, which, while it doesn't mean anything, is still weird

-Geno and Chocobo are MIA, dunno where I stand here.

-Cacodemon did not appear, which leads me to

Amiibo:

-No Amiibo dates, just "2021", which, pretty much confirms what everyone expected, that CP8 would come out sometime next year.

So.... god damnit Cacomallow supporters are going to keep this alive until next year aren't they?

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I hope people rub it in your face when Geno is disconfirmed.
Listen, I'm not the one acting as though every character that has a new game coming out is a lock for Smash or anything. Maybe if you guys didn't do that for every character with a new game coming out, I wouldn't have felt the need to gloat about it.

To be fair the people who took the comment (or lack thereof) to mean he was in the game in some form were correct.
Agreed, though I really think people need to dial it back on the whole relevancy and recency arguments, because they're ultimately fallacious.

That's just being a *, you *.
Well, you're not wrong.

Gee, thanks, ****. Glad you're getting the chance to puff out your chest and feel superior to all us mouth-breathers because you didn't have hope for a character.
Oh trust me, if I wanted to do that I'd just do what everyone in this thread does when a new game comes out.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Something tells me Monster Hunter's Mii Costume is next costume for the next character, which is Dante.

That said, don't be an ass to Travis fans.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rip Travis but it’s better than nothing. Pretty sure Bamco characters are all dead in the water at this point too; would expect to see Lloyd’s costume next. As a KOS-MOS fan I hope she gets a Gunner costume at this point since it’s the only way she’s showing up at all. No Geno or Rathalos bodes well for Square and Capcom reps, but there’s still 4 packs to go so I wouldn’t put too much stock in this alone.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So! My most-wanted just got turned into a Mii!

...And I'm not upset! I'm a little bummed that Travis didn't come with any music, but it's been a ten year long battle to get ANY kind of No More Heroes content in Smash, and the Mii looks great. The sword glows, he has the shades and hair, the Travis Strikes Again jacket is sick, and while a fighter would've been the perfect result I can't say I'm salty or mad because he does look great.

Better than spirits, for sure, and it was always a possible result. In the end, Suda finally got his boy in, and I'm happy about that.

The Bomberman costume is pretty sick too. Also just in general how insane does Steve look? My man literally put Minecraft in Smash.

Anyway! I am actually handling this with more grace than I expected! Nice.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
There’s also no need to be an ass about it either.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
How would Haruka be more likely than KOS-MOS? most Idolmaster games haven’t left Japan and the few that did were limited time apparently

I’m just not feeling Prince happening either tbh

KOS-MOS' franchise is dead, only exists via cameos in other games, and failed a marketing survey from Namco. She's a zombie

Fair point on Haruka but she's still worlds more well-known than KOS-MOS is, and her franchise is far bigger and still ongoing.

Every Katamari game as been fully localized and a guarentee you Katamari is WAY more well-known than Xenosaga. Katamari is a much more iconic and ongoing franchise.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Something tells me Monster Hunter's Mii Costume is next costume for the next character, which is Dante.
I think the return of Monster Hunter costumes are a safe bet regardless of the character. Potentially even if Monster Hunter is the character.

They aren't gonna come with Dante though. Dante's not coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom