• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I am curious tho

Halo is mostly M-rated. I say mostly cause Halo 5 is interestingly enough rated T.

would it then be “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Halo” or still “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Master Chief” if they go by precedent?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
It’s odd, the mii costume was a step up on inclusion for Bomberman fans, who were already in the doom of assist trophy, but a major step down for Travis Touchdown fans

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Well, that was a lot to take in at the end. Here are the parts I found important/interesting:
  1. Steve comes out on the 16th. A bit later than I expected
  2. Amiibo theory tells us the next fighter won't come until sometime next year, like most people predicted
  3. Travis is dead RIP
  4. M theory seems to still have something going for it because of the different way Travis/NMH was presented across regions
  5. Gil is back. We can expect Lloyd and Geno to show up with future fighters.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Kinda thought Travis would be Costume, but I didn't expect it to be this Early

And For Bomberman, I was thinking he could get something (Promotion or Mii Costume). Mii Costume it is.

So do you guys think a Namco Character is less likely after Gil Returned?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
>B-BUT TRAVIS HAS A NEW GAME COMING OUT SOON! HE'S SUPER RELEVANT! AND SUDA 51 REFUSED TO COMMENT ABOUT TRAVIS IN SMASH! HE DEFINITELY GOING TO BE A FIGHTER!
Let this be a lesson to all of you who think that relevancy and having a new game coming out decides who's getting in.
To be fair the people who took the comment (or lack thereof) to mean he was in the game in some form were correct.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oof, my condolences to Travis supporters. Sorry for your loss.

On another note, Geno and Lloyd yet again survived another slaughter. Here's to their supporters that they manage to make it in.

Surprise of no Master Chief Mii Gunner, in this case given the good relationship with Microsoft, there's still the small chance that the spartan could still make it notably as next years E3 big reveal depending on the virus.

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
I'll add to the global sadness sentiment for Travis... He would have been a cool inclusion as a full fledged fighter, acknowledging Grasshopper's contributions to Nintendo, while also taking a break from big third parties to go to a smaller one. The costume is better than nothing, and I'll make sure to grab it, but yeah, tears will be shed.

Pretty cool gameplay on Steve though, there's a lot of gimmicks in his moveset, and needing to craft/mine will be somewhat reminiscent of Olimar and his Pikmin management. It'll probably be a very difficult character to play overall.

Ivander

Smash Legend
-The Minecraft outfits are cool.
-Another Mii costume from last game arrives, being Gil from ToD.
-The Bomberman outfit is so good. I love the detail they did with the colors.
-A moment of silence for all Travis Touchdown fans.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Y'all think this confirms Travis? :191:
Y'all still on the Travis hype train, huh? I get the interview thing, but that interview makes you think he's the immediate next choice? He could just as easily be fourth, fifth, or last, but y'all really aiming for the next one for sure?

It's an unfortunate loss but honestly, y'all should've seen it coming.

Well when it comes out to nothing, I'll add it to the list of dev comments being taken way out of hand. :096:
That's another one up on the list.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I Kinda thought Travis would be Costume, but I didn't expect it to be this Early

And For Bomberman, I was thinking he could get something (Promotion or Mii Costume). Mii Costume it is.

So do you guys think a Namco Character is less likely after Gil Returned?
It’s down to Lloyd or a non-Symphonia Tales character, or even Dark Souls, Soul Calibur or KOS-MOS.

I think Lloyd might return with one of the non-Lloyd playable options. But he also might return with a random character

still think Geno and Chocobo will return with a new Square character personally

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
The real question is if and when the other Smash 4 costumes are returning. Plenty of Capcom costumes have returned without a direct fighter, so Rathalos and MH could be back any time. Lloyd could be held off for his inclusion or its being paired with a similar fighter.

Geno and the Chocobo hat are the X Factors given how Square Enix is.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
That was a pretty fun breakdown, all things considered. Fs in chat for Travis, Gil and Bomberman, though.

. . .Though someone remind me, which developer owns Gil's series? And did he really have a Mii costume in 4? I don't remember.

I guess M Theory is somewhat true now - you can’t name drop M rated franchises in Mii costume segments

so if we got a Hayabusa costume it would be “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Ryu Hayabusa” instead of “Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Ninja Gaiden”
European stream had no issue with namedropping No More Heroes, fyi.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'm dissapointed about the lack of C418 and Lena Raine but it was almost certainly a rights issue as C418 is an actual group who makes music outside of Minecraft.

I'm also a bit bummed that Travis has no music

Everything else though seems fun as hell and I cannot wait [SQUARE KIRBY]

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
... so yeah, I think it's safe to say that the "Mii Costume guy" list is pretty bunk right now.

He DID get that Travis was disconfirmed (though I think at this point that it was a lucky guess) and I can guarantee you that right now a certain someone is riding this fact hard... but the big thing that he predicted in regards to a Microsoft character was a Joanna Dark costume, and I certainly didn't see that.

Not to mention that his list is still pretty massive and I'm sure that it was always meant to magically include Spirit events also... but after today's presentation I am personally seeing as the new Loz18.
Remind me who the "Mii Costume guy" is again?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
That was a pretty fun breakdown, all things considered. Fs in chat for Travis, Gil and Bomberman, though.

. . .Though someone remind me, which developer owns Gil's series? And did he really have a Mii costume in 4? I don't remember.

European stream had no issue with namedropping No More Heroes, fyi.
Namco for Gil and yes he was in 4

Does Nintendo have an aversion at naming the M-Rated franchises?
Only in North America. Europe and Japan have no issue it seems

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Goddamn Steve looks super complex and annoying to fight lmao
Everyone is going to hate this character so freaking much. It's a good thing you can teleport the Crafting Table, because otherwise he'd be the campiest character ever to camp. Even when not played campy though, he's got his fair share of annoyances.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Well the character doesn't look like my cup of tea main-wise, but the block building and minecart look great for fun matches. I've gotta go back to university work but I'll see you guys back on the Steve release date :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Quick question did this Mii Costume Guy mention Ori or Hollow Knight?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The only disappointing thing was the music selection

Everything else was overwhelmingly outstanding

This has got to be the most love I've seen put into a single character

RIP Travis though, that was an oof

This is how Farmer wins
Honestly I can't be too disappointed in the music selection because we at least got some banging remixes even if we did miss out on C418 and Lena Raine

osby

Smash Obsessed
>B-BUT TRAVIS HAS A NEW GAME COMING OUT SOON! HE'S SUPER RELEVANT! AND SUDA 51 REFUSED TO COMMENT ABOUT TRAVIS IN SMASH! HE DEFINITELY GOING TO BE A FIGHTER!
Let this be a lesson to all of you who think that relevancy and having a new game coming out decides who's getting in.
Let this post be a lesson to everyone in this thread: Don't be a **** like this user.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Damn man, that sucks for Travis. I genuinely thought he was pretty likely. I guess at least he's in, in some way, but still. Sorry to the supporters. On Bomberman though, since he already was just an AT, I wasn't expecting him to be playable whatsoever so this Mii Costume surprise was nice, it actually looks pretty gud, I'm glad they swapped the face!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's just being a ****, you ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom