• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Alright, here's my take.
  1. :ultinkling:
  2. :ultminmin:
  3. :ultridley:
  4. :ultbyleth:
  5. :ultkrool:
  6. :ultdarksamus:
  7. :ultpiranha:
  8. :ultchrom:
  9. :ultdaisy:
  10. :ultisabelle:
  11. :ultsimon:
  12. :ultrichter:
  13. :ultbanjokazooie:
  14. :ult_terry:
  15. :ultincineroar:
  16. :ultken:
  17. :ultsteve:
  18. :ulthero:
  19. :ultjoker:
I should point out that this only goes really goes from a "This is pretty great!" to "Urgh. Meh." reactions. I don't really hate any of the characters towards the bottom of the list, but they did leave me pretty underwhelmed.
. . .Which is pretty much all third-parties.

Just trying to bring some speculation into the thread. Yeesh.
You can also do that by not bringing up a "leak" that has been brought up and dismissed countless times already.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I just want to say, people who dislike Steve should not judge him by his appearance, and his animations. It's how he plays that should matter, and how good he is.
Not to me.

I remember hearing some people say Piranha Plant was fun to play as, despite being disliked at first.
Still dislike him.

Plus, I thinke while Steve may look "out of place", at least he is in character much, which Sakruai may wanted to make happen with Steve. How else could you make Steve and make him look and be in character?
1601670168367.png

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
The problem is that by this point the Cacomallow leak's been stuck in the proverbial mud so long that it does not appear likely. And unlike Steve (who could've theoretically have gotten into Smash as far back as 4's DLC period assuming the 5 year period refers to that, together with :4ryu: , :4cloud: and :4bayonetta:) the Mii costumes have a much more limited window by comparision. Not to mention, the Vault Boy costume is a major wrench in the leak because it's an unrelated Bethesda Mii costume that released on its own practically.

So I'm afraid that topic's not going to yield much.

Edit: I don't mean to come off as harsh either, I have a tendency to be blunt as a hammer.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yeah that was a bit harsh, I edited in an actual explanation, but it was too late:
EDIT: To be a little less mean, a long negotiation time is in no way related to a long testing period/sitting on the costumes they've made for an entire year.
Really I just think that the rumor has proven to be false for at least half a year now, and people need to let it go.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah that was a bit harsh, I edited in an actual explanation, but it was too late:

Really I just think that the rumor has been proven false for at least half a year now, and people need to let it go.
Honestly, after tomorrow, that'll be the final time I even give the leak so much of an eyebat.

Could some call it hasty since "Mii hats can come whenever?!" Sure

But if this is going to be our last character for the year, it'll be nearly a year since the leak happened, and if Cacodemon doesn't come tomorrow, then I'm gonna be giving it a big "Hmmst".

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Yeah they essentially elaborated on why it doesn't make much sense. The key thing the guy who said 5 years said that that was when discussion started but had no clue on implementation. Cacomallow would hypothetically be implementation which is a key difference between things like discussion since that suggests they are able to be released as they have been negotiated for and such. So that's why it's an unequal medium so to speak

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Ultimate's a game of extremes. As many characters in bottom tier as ever before for me, but the most in the top-tier to date.

S
:ultbanjokazooie::ultinkling:

A
:ultkrool::ultridley:

B
:ulthero::ultminmin:ultjoker:

C
:ultrichter::ultsimon::ultdarksamus::ult_terry::ultdaisy::ultisabelle:

D
:ultchrom::ultken:

F
:ultbyleth::ultincineroar:
:ultpiranha:

That said, honestly my biggest surprise here is that Daisy wound up in the middle.

And for the hell of it
S
:ultcloud:

A
:ultmegaman::ultpalutena::ultvillager:

B
:ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultpacman:

C
:ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultrobin:

D
:ultwiifittrainer::ultlucina::ultbayonetta1::ultgreninja:

F
:ultmiifighters::ultcorrin::ultdarkpit:

A very average selection, imo.

S
:ultdiddy:

A
:ultsonic::ultolimar::ultwolf:

B
:ultike::ultpit::ultkingdedede::ultsnake::ultlucario::ultwario::ultzss:

C
:ultmetaknight::ultrob::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucas::ulttoonlink:

Still my favourite

A
:ultmarth::ultmewtwo:

B
:ultpeach::ultroy::ultganondorf:

C
:ultfalco::ultbowser::ultgnw::ultzelda:

D
:ulticeclimbers:

F
:ultsheik::ultpichu::ultdoc::ultyounglink:

History has been kind to some of these choices.

S
:ultfalcon:

A
:ultness::ultlink::ultsamus::ultmario::ultkirby::ultfox::ultdk::ultpikachu:

B
:ultluigi::ultyoshi:

D
:ultjigglypuff:

This one felt weird to rank.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That's fine if you dislike. Provided if you are even going to buy him, his gameplay may change your mind. Or it may not, but if you try him out, at least you tried.
He won't. He values character over moveset, and traditional over unorthodox. As an unorthodox character he's predisposed to dislike, Steve does not, and will never do anything for him.

EDIT: And I should probably note that that's perfectly fine. With the current 19 or so swings Nintendo has taken, some of them are bound to be misses for at least some poeple (and Steve is a pretty big miss for a lot of people).

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He won't. He values character over moveset, and traditional over unorthodox. As an unorthodox character he's predisposed to dislike, Steve does not, and will never do anything for him.

EDIT: And I should probably not that that's perfectly fine. With the current 19 or so swings Nintendo has taken, some of them are bound to be misses for at least some poeple (and Steve is a pretty big miss for a lot of people).
I still said it was fine that he disliked, did he?

Still, I can't say I agree with the character over mindset thing, personally speaking, of course.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I still said it was fine that he disliked, did he?
You did. I did so as well, as I feared my statement would come off as passive aggressive otherwise.

Still, I can't say I agree with the character over mindset thing, personally speaking, of course.
Gameplay does matter to me most, but then I've never had a character I actively disliked get in. The closest that I've come to that is childish rage over Greninja and Bayonetta.

Luckily for me, it'd be pretty hard to add a character that I actually hate. In fact, I can't even think of one. I'm sure it exists, but I can't think of it currently.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Still can't shake the feeling we're gonna see Master Chief as our PreMiium tomorrow.

As for returning ones? Honestly, I think none of them will show up tomorrow: I think the presentation being tied to Minecon means it's gonna be Minecraft and Microsoft focused Mii costumes.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Still can't shake the feeling we're gonna see Master Chief as our PreMiium tomorrow.

As for returning ones? Honestly, I think none of them will show up tomorrow: I think the presentation being tied to Minecon means it's gonna be Minecraft and Microsoft focused Mii costumes.
That's certainly a possibility, especially since there are 6, they release in 2's, and there are 5 waves left. There will be at least 2 waves without returning costumes.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You did. I did so as well, as I feared my statement would come off as passive aggressive otherwise.

Gameplay does matter to me most, but then I've never had a character I actively disliked get in. The closest that I've come to that is childish rage over Greninja and Bayonetta.

Luckily for me, it'd be pretty hard to add a character that I actually hate. In fact, I can't even think of one. I'm sure it exists, but I can't think of it currently.
I understand, of course. On both counts. I personally want a fun character. You're not me, of course, so there is that.

Still, character over moveset, traditional over unorthodox? I find that to be boring, personally, and dull. No offense to you, DarthEnderX DarthEnderX , of course. Nothing I can do about it anyway, even if I wanted to. Still, I am more of a creativity valuing guy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Dunno why, still thinking if were getting a Premium Mii costume it'll be Hollow Knight as a Swordfighter.

Master Chief I expect to only be a normal Mii Gunner.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Still, character over moveset, traditional over unorthodox? I find that to be boring, personally, and dull.
Well traditional doesn't inherently = boring or samey. I mean, most of the roster operates traditionally, and most of them are good fun. There are also few characters I'd call samey in terms of how they feel to play.

.......wait, y'all want a Master Chief Premium Mii costume?

GDI stop giving Gunner all the good **** :drsad:
Well if he's not going to be playable...

Honestly, if I could, I'd buy it for the Halo theme alone. lol

Shroob

Sup?
Well traditional doesn't inherently = boring or samey. I mean, most of the roster operates traditionally, and most of them are good fun. There are also few characters I'd call samey in terms of how they feel to play.

C-can't he at least be Swordfighter with one of them energy swords they use?

.....I've never played Halo. :drsad:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Yeah, there is that. I might as well as say I like characters who are fun to play, as traditional can mean fun to play, of course. But by samey, you don't mean just clones and echoes, do you?

blackghost

Smash Champion
I don't know. Like I said before, Lara was never really that big of a deal in Japan as she was in the west, and even today she feels like she's kinda lost mindshare. And obviously she seemingly doesn't have that much fan demand.

I just don't see her standing out to the Nintendo suits.
lost in the mindshare? lol what? she just had a trilogy of games come out and a movie less than 5 years ago. her latest game was in 2018. lara is still a major player. as for the concept of fan demand, that really isnt what is most important. the characters standing, historical resume, and third party benefits matter far more than fan demand.
even if steve had no fan demand that was visible he still remains the mascot of a top 5 game on the planet. plus attachent to one of the biggest companies on the planet.

DittoInDisguise

Smash Apprentice
I hope the premium mii costume is Ori with light of nibel as the included track, but I expect it is Master chief. Unless there are like, bonus characters that aren't in a pass so they can save MC for that. There is no way that will happen though.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
C-can't he at least be Swordfighter with one of them energy swords they use?
No.

He can't.

There is no Swordfighter.

Only Gunner.

Yeah, there is that. I might as well as say I like characters who are fun to play, as traditional can mean fun to play, of course. But by samey, you don't mean just clones and echoes, do you?
Honestly, I think most clones are very different from their original fighter. Of non clones, the only characters that I find to be incredibly similar are Corrin and Marth due to the former's nerfs making Dragon Lunge pretty garbo. Even so, he does have enough to at least stand out what with his dragon finger Forward Smash, dragon toe Down Smash, and arm mouth projectile.

Ugh. Corrin has so much body horror when you stop to think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom