• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Not gonna lie, being a part of the minority for an announcement as big as this really sucks and for the first time ever makes me feel quite alienated in the Smash fanbase.
This is how I felt when everyone is here was announced. lol

Tbh the amount of DLC has remedied that feeling for me, but at the time I was actually fairly disappointed by that announcement (and afaik I was basically the only one who felt that way).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If we do get a Rhythm Heaven character, I don't want it to be a single rep. I want it to be an amalgam character that swaps between all the characters from the minigames their attacks reference. For example, their Neutral Attack could be Karate Joe doing a punch combo, their Forward Tilt could be The Wandering Samurai doing his sword attacks, and their Up Smash could be Chourus Kids screaming singing at the top of their lungs. It'd be like you're playing as a Remix.

I call it: Rhythm Choir! The mascot of the group could be someone like Karate Joe, Marshal, or Tibby. I'd prefer Karate Joe, but I could see others working.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
If we do get a Rhythm Heaven character, I don't want it to be a single rep. I want it to be an amalgam character that swaps between all the characters from the minigames their attacks reference. For example, their Neutral Attack could be Karate Joe doing a punch combo, their Forward Tilt could be The Wandering Samurai doing his sword attacks, and their Up Smash could be Chourus Kids screaming singing at the top of their lungs. It'd be like you're playing as a Remix.

I call it: Rhythm Choir! The mascot of the group could be someone like Karate Joe, Marshal, or Tibby. I'd prefer Karate Joe, but I could see others working.
Same concept, different character from the ones you've listed:

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord

On October 1st, 2018, an anonymous 4chan user posted an image featuring a 3D rendering of Minecraft character Steve to /v/ board. The post argued for Steve being added as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
Jesus Christ

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or has there really been very little salt than anticipated from this? I've seen some disappointment but otherwise nothing that significant.

D

Deleted member

Awkward confession time. When I imagined Steve for Smash, I imagined he would look like this:
1601581712148.png

I am so happy I was wrong.

Jesus Christ
There are so many spooky coincidences in this world.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Is it just me or has there really been very little salt than anticipated from this? I've seen some disappointment but otherwise nothing that significant.
As far as here goes, Steve ain't no Byleth, that's for sure.

SmashFaqs is apparently knee-jerking the heck out of this development though.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Trust me, the backlash is there. I've already seen about six or seven people claim that pre-purchasing the pass was a mistake.

If only we had four more characters...

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Now this makes me wonder if E3 2019 was really when Volume 2 was planned when Insiders are saying that Steve has been likely planned for years. This also goes for characters who were heard but nothing came out of it.
Would be interesting if FP2 ends up being a second chance for planned characters who didn't make it. They'd probably go Rhythm Heaven rep, Geno, Rex and Pyra/Mythra, and maybe Ryu Hayabusa. I have a gut feeling the rest of the pass won't be second chances, but you never know.
Probably because most everyone can agree it's a good pick, whether they genuinely like Steve or not. For those of us who don't like Steve, we can still agree it's the biggest character they could have picked and will please the biggest amount of the general Smash audience.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Would be interesting if FP2 ends up being a second chance for planned characters who didn't make it. They'd probably go Rhythm Heaven rep, Geno, Rex and Pyra/Mythra, and maybe Ryu Hayabusa. I have a gut feeling the rest of the pass won't be second chances, but you never know.
As much as I would love that, there's no way.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
So from what I can gather MondoMega supposedly has Disney connections. Apparently what Disney wanted for Sora made the costs for Cloud look like "chump change".

Haven't found any past claims that turned out true from him. There might be something in his post history, but that appears to require an account, and I'm not making one.

Shroob

Sup?

Jesus Christ
Dios mios

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
and yet everyone on Resertera instantly believed him like the sheep they are
I don't know how Zippo still isn't banned considering I thought that place had a zero tolerance policy and that guy clearly claimed more than a few things which didn't pan out. He also seems to freak out whenever people remind him of such.

That said, if all that's being claimed now is that Sora isn't in... there are crazier, more implausible things to declare.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Jesus Christ
Tom.jpg
HolyRichter.png
Ron.jpg

That is enough

Last edited:

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
So from what I can gather MondoMega supposedly has Disney connections. Apparently what Disney wanted for Sora made the costs for Cloud look like "chump change".

Haven't found any past claims that turned out true from him. There might be something in his post history, but that appears to require an account, and I'm not making one.
This is coming from someone who is rooting for Geno, which obviously is scared of Sora because ya know, could be the next big contender for the pass and square enix. Anyways, im not trusting this guy lol

7NATOR

Smash Master
Since Steve Panned out, here's other Rumors that have "died" but could make a comeback

-Ryu Hayubusa Rumors

-The Seven Squares leak (Hero Panned out, but Chrono, Geno, Sephiroth, and Sora are still missing. It seemed Nintendo tried to get Sora but it was too much money. I personally don't see Chrono. Sephiroth is Weird, Geno is an enigma

-Katalina Rumors. If not Katalina herself, we could get a character from Cygames, like Nintendo's newest 1st party I.P (that they share), Dragalia Lost

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Since Steve Panned out, here's other Rumors that have "died" but could make a comeback

-Ryu Hayubusa Rumors

-The Seven Squares leak (Hero Panned out, but Chrono, Geno, Sephiroth, and Sora are still missing. It seemed Nintendo tried to get Sora but it was too much money. I personally don't see Chrono. Sephiroth is Weird, Geno is an enigma

-Katalina Rumors. If not Katalina herself, we could get a character from Cygames, like Nintendo's newest 1st party I.P (that they share), Dragalia Lost
You remember that 2ch leak that said Joker, “Erdrick”, Steve, Doomguy and Hayabusa? May I see it again if you have it? Wanna check something

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I don't know how Zippo still isn't banned considering I thought that place had a zero tolerance policy and that guy clearly claimed more than a few things which didn't pan out. He also seems to freak out whenever people remind him of such.

That said, if all that's being claimed now is that Sora isn't in... there are crazier, more implausible things to declare.
Claiming somebody isn't in is certainly a lot safer.
This is coming from someone who is rooting for Geno, which obviously is scared of Sora because ya know, could be the next big contender for the pass and square enix. Anyways, im not trusting this guy lol
I don't care who he's rooting for. I'd just like more details.

Shroob

Sup?

I wanna say someone mentioned he was a hard Geno supporter.... lemme check rq.

Found some stuff about them a few pages back.

What I have learned after all these years of Smash Speculation'n'shiet and even being in this Insider circle
Never believe someone who claim to know why plan fell through unless they are an actual big source.

No offense, but he even claim that it's "the only stuff he knows" about the fighter pass and keep claiming that Geno is coming, already sus in my books
As far as I can remember he's just a dataminer who did stuff for Smash and FighterZ. Needless to say it doesn't matter. Remember when people took Ryce's (the guy who leaked MvCI stuff) statements at face value just because he claimed to "have known everything for months" and became suddenly skeptic from Hero and (funnily enough) Steve? Good times.

P.Kat

Smash Champion

Jesus Christ
Not even Quasimodo was this ugly

7NATOR

Smash Master
You remember that 2ch leak that said Joker, “Erdrick”, Steve, Doomguy and Hayabusa? May I see it again if you have it? Wanna check something
Here's a Translation by A Ayumi Tachibana from back then

the OG Leak is also linked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom