• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here’s a good example how much Smash has become apart of the popular culture in Japan...

Our 6th grade students is studying past tense and so we had students talk about their summer vacation/past summer vacations. One student gave him preeentarion:

“I went to my friends house. We played video games. It was fun. We ate yakisoba. It was so yummy. I had a good time.” Me and the other teacher there would each ask a question. She asked him “Who made the yakisoba”. I asked “What games did you play?”

He said “Dairanto Sumashu Burazasu Supesharu” (Smash Ultimate). Some kids also said “Ah me too!”

The teacher who I teach with is in her late 50’s and her too kids are all graduated. She’s up to date about pop culture but I mean...she doesn’t get a lot of the new anime trends and such. So I was expecting her to say “Hmm what’s that?”

She said “Ah, Sumabura.” (sumabura is Smash but shortened in Hapanese). She then asked “Who did you play as? Mario? Link?” he said “I played as Yusha (Hero).” She later told me she only knows this game by name and due to massive promotions, commercials, and events it gets that she hears about on tv and the Internet. I was quite shocked.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I do wonder if Smol Battlefield was a pre-emptive apology gift.

One that hasn't even been received as the comp community apparently married Pokemon Stadium 2.
Small Battlefield is to PS2 as Yoshi's Melee is to Battlefield. They are similar stages, but with enough differences that both should be legal. Though I do think Small Battlefield should be a starter, and PS2 moved to counterpick.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What if Sakurai kicked off Halloween by revealing a Gen 8 Pokémon and announcing a FE guessing game for F8?
...Depends who the Pokemon is, I might actually enjoy it as an early birthday gift?

Hilariously, the first person I told of the announcement said "it's probably a Fire Emblem character".

MasterDoom1666

Smash Cadet
It's too soon for Waluigi. He hasn't really had a non-spin-off appearance yet and making him either totally smash original or giving him a spin-off based moveset would just be a disservice to him.

Personally, I think it would be cool to see Spyro be the character this time. Or maybe Bandana Dee. Dante from DMC or Monster Hunter could be cool too.
Edit: Also, Geno would be a really cool addition. Him getting in would mostly be based on Square Enix's decisions, so make of that what you will.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
First, get yourself, including your shoes, out of the ceiling.

Get yourself onto the floor. Maybe call for help if you cannot get out.

Then, take a cup you really like.

Fill the cup with water. Make sure the water and the cup is clean.

Fill it up all the way, but don't let it overflow.

Now, drink the water. Enjoy!
All I could think about with this were the directions to Cup of Noodles. Or Boiling Water.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Still nothing in the leak scene.

A part of me wants to go into this completely blind tomorrow.

Another part really doesn't.
I honestly rather be spoiled about something I like than getting surprised by ****. Good surprises are cool but are not worth the tension beforehand.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
The downside is that Sakurai is gonna get death threats all over again just like Waluigi not being a fighter and Byleth getting in.

Shroob

Sup?
Why do you read it that way? Just curious?

The last time Imran tweeted about Smash fans being upset we got Byleth so...congrats Lyn!
I 'unno. A lot of the replies are pretty much mirroring that sentiment, and both he and Zhunge tweeted about the number in a similar way.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I have no idea what to expect going into this. I will just say I will be pretty surprised if it is in fact Geno.

I do have a suspicion that it will be a first party character though. But who knows, I certainly don't know anything.

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
Good lord some people on this website post some embarrassingly maudlin-ass messages the day before a character is revealed for Super Smash brothers.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I 'unno. A lot of the replies are pretty much mirroring that sentiment, and both he and Zhunge tweeted about the number in a similar way.
Tbh it read to me more that he was just saying it says a lot that there are that many people in stream already waiting for an announcement to come in 8 hours. It speaks to the hype people have for Smash.

I.D.

Smash Lord
This isn't a regular presentation, it's just a trailer with a message from Sakurai attached. I'm not sure a press kit or whatever is required for this, I'm not expecting leaks.

Shroob

Sup?
This isn't a regular presentation, it's just a trailer with a message from Sakurai attached. I'm not sure a press kit or whatever is required for this, I'm not expecting leaks.
I feel like one would still be sent, if only for the news outlets to have a clickbait-y news article ready to go as soon as the presentation ends. They're basically free advertising for Nintendo.

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
Well, if we have to take Imran, Zhuge, and Nate's hints at face value then there are three possible outcomes:

1-It's a "surprise character" like Plant (unlikely, but you never know).
2-It's a first-party "shill-pick" like Byleth (probably a Pokémon if this is true).
3-Either way, I don't expect it to be one of the "usual suspects" of Smash speculation as of late (Geno, Dante, Crash, ecc.)

D

Deleted member

I really hate Smash fans that bash on others for wanting a character.

If the character is disappointing to you, then that is fine.

What is not fine is going, "I HATE THIS CHARACTER! WAAH!" 24/7, and harassing people over said character.

Remember, it is a children's video game, not your entire life.

If it is a hype reveal, don't dunk on other fans. Just focus on being excited over your character!

I.D.

Smash Lord
I feel like one would still be sent, if only for the news outlets to have a clickbait-y news article ready to go as soon as the presentation ends. They're basically free advertising for Nintendo.
It's just a trailer. What's there to say other than "THE NEW FIGHTER IS X"? There's less than 8 hours to go and nobody has made a peep. I don't think anyone knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom