• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
honest thoughts going into this

I dont think its a pokemon for a variety of reasons (spirit event mainly)
I dont think its one of the huge names
I dont think theyre dropping tomorrow
I think they will however drop at some point in october
I think the char is a 3rd party rep

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
We live with this character forever! Five minutes of speculation is not worth it! This philosophy makes me realize I clearly love the game more than the community---- talking about it is only fun when playing it is fun.
I mean, a lot of us probably have characters we want that aren’t discussed as much as some of the “frontrunners”.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That's right. Koopa Troopa is joining the battle as a playable fighter. By the way, Fighter's Pass 2 now has been delayed. We estimate that each pack will be released by December 31, 2022. K, bye!
Better than the Byleth presentation, tbh

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Even if Crash Bandicoot doesn't get announced tomorrow, I can definitely see a scenario where he gets revealed along side a Switch port of "Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time" sometime next year which also just happens to be the 25th anniversary of the franchise.

I know anniversaries don't really mean much for Smash, But couldn't hurt for it to be a possibility.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
God if it's actually Crash tomorrow I am going to freak the **** out you don't even know jfc I have wanted Crash for soo damn long and having Mario vs Sonic vs Crash makes the 90's kid in me scream.

Jesus christ I need to calm down, nothing's confirmed, but, oh my ****ing GOD if it's him...IF IT'S HIM.....

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It's 7 PM PST/10 PM EST now. Exactly 12 hours left before the reveal.

View attachment 287603

Saw a falling moon so I tried to save us.

Anyways... figured I'd come back a lil early since I see the actual leaks haven't started yet. That said, I will not return until after the reveal. For real this time.

D

Deleted member

Only 12 hours til the big reveal

Anyways think I'm gonna head to bed. I'm getting pretty sleepy with all this hype and stuff.

See y'all in the morning. Hopefully the new fighter is a real winner
Good night, Ramen!
God if it's actually Crash tomorrow I am going to freak the **** out you don't even know jfc I have wanted Crash for soo damn long and having Mario vs Sonic vs Crash makes the 90's kid in me scream.

Jesus christ I need to calm down, nothing's confirmed, but, oh my ****ing GOD if it's him...IF IT'S HIM.....
Sounds quite nice!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Just remember: At least one person in this fandom is basically guaranteed to get their most wanted tomorrow. That's cool to think about.
In that case I hope we get Otto Matic.

Since there's the one person guarantee and all...

Also because I think he'd be a neat edition.

D

Deleted member

I know the chances are slim but it would be funny if by tomorrow this guy has to buy +2,000 Yakuza 7 copies.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
This is giving me déjà vu to the user who would give five dollars to everyone who liked their post if Banjo-Kazooie was in.

D

Deleted member

My most wanted was King K. Rool and I got him back in August of 2018 lol. After that, Joker and Hero were the DLC characters I never knew I wanted. Now, I really have nobody I am looking forward to; just characters I've got my fingers crossed that don't make it in lol.

D

Deleted member

Pffft, no way they'd add Red Luigi to this game. Of all the Luigi's Mansion reps we could get, they'd pick him? We don't even have King Boo yet.
Can you NOT crush my dreams, please?

I know he is just Red Luigi. Let me dream, damn it...

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My crazy conspiracy for the discrepancy: The Japanese stream will end with a quick date for a thorough presentation. The western stream will have Sakurai briefly show up and say "If you want more information on the next DLC fighter, please watch Minecon 2020 this Saturday. I will have a short presentation there. Thank you for watching the reveal of Steve from Minecraft"
Considering this character was likely delayed (like the actual dates we have from the Mario anniversary, which are three months behind)... I think it would be odd for us to have this relate to nearby event.

D

Deleted member

If the Terrarian is in, then I will write any user who DM's me about this a 100 page fanfiction.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
I SWEAR TO GOD IF SABER FROM FATE OR REIMU FROM TOUHOU, OR EVEN SAKURA FROM SAKURA WARS GET IN GONNA MOTHER****ING move on with my life and maybe play something else because last time i made a bet i ended up buying a Senran Kagura game. God....

Would love to heat action the **** out of Mario

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have a question.

If I move to Scandinavia, will it take longer for CP7 to be released?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
edit: wrong thread...

curses...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, wouldn't news of a delay be global news?

The Japanese fans would want to hear about that too right?
That's the weird part of this.... why is the English speaking post the only one with it.

Like, god, I want to say "IT'S CRASH!" like Venus pointed out, since he has a different design in Japan than the rest of the world, but there's just something....weird about this.

And if there's no delay anyway, why wouldn't we be getting a full on Sakurai presents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom