• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Imagine if it’s Crash cause his design is different in Japan than it is in the west.

Sakurai presents: "Explain a video game that everyone knows in the worst way possible"
Mr Sakurai: Hello. It's me. Mashairo Sakurai.

(Cheesy applause, Sakurai bows)

Mr Sakurai: Today, I will present the history of our newest fighter.

(Holds up a picture of Fighter #7: Mayro.

You may not be famililar with him. But our Fighter Pack 7 fighter is none other than the world renowned Mayro from the classic game franchise "Supra Mayro Bross". Home of timeless classics like "Supra Mayro Bross - Legend of The Lost Kingdom", "Supra Mayro Kratt", "Supra Mayro 64"...

Last edited:

Sxips

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dark_Dino
Switch FC
SW-8329-8819-7281
Mr Sakurai: Hello. It's me. Mashairo Sakurai.

(Cheesy applause, Sakurai bows)

Mr Sakurai: Today, I will present the history of our newest fighter.

You may not be famililar with him. But our Fighter Pack 7 fighter is none other than the world renowned Mayro from the classic game franchise "Supra Mayro Bross". Home of timeless classics like "Supra Mayro Bross", "Supra Mayro Kratt", "Supra Mayro 64"...
OMG PLeASE!!!

Shroob

Sup?
It’s crazy how in the dark we are about this. Nintendo’s completely cracked down on leaks.
It'll probably leak whenever news outlets get their press kits. The question is when will that be. Everything short of Kirby Fighter's 2 has leaked via well known leakers, and in the case of KF2, Nintendo leaked that one themselves.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
FP7 is revealed tomorrow!

rooting for the following:

Sol Badguy = most wanted overall as of now
Chun-Li
Ryu Hayabusa
Dante
Doom Slayer
Master Chief
Gym Leader Bea
Axel Stone
Zero
Crash Bandicoot
Toad = most wanted 1st party
Apparently Toad is not just your most wanted 1st party, but also your only first party

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My crazy conspiracy for the discrepancy: The Japanese stream will end with a quick date for a thorough presentation. The western stream will have Sakurai briefly show up and say "If you want more information on the next DLC fighter, please watch Minecon 2020 this Saturday. I will have a short presentation there. Thank you for watching the reveal of Steve from Minecraft"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Shroob Shroob

If I may suggest try to go to bed at 10 or 11 in your timezone. That way you get 8 hours of enough sleep just in time of the trailer an hour or two before.

Just trying to help is all.

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
So I have a theory about the presentation, which is link to the M theory. It's a bit far fetched, but I might as well share it because why not.

Ok so in the first pass, Sakurai always explain the history of the franchise linked to the characters, except for Joker. For Joker he did a character presentation without talking about Persona. While you might say that he did that because at the time he didn't had the idea of doing these big presentation, perhaps he didn't do it for Persona because of it's mature content and persona games have a lot of blood. I don,t see that going too well in a Smash presentation for everyone.

So maybe, the reason why our next fighter is not getting an extended presentation is because it's coming from a Mature franchise? Like I said it's a bit of a stretch because maybe they're just going to do his big presentation later. But I think that might be a possibility of why we're getting a shorter presentation.
TF2 is M

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So I was thinking about that brief message after the video information. This seems to be absent in the Japanese tweet.

I think this is a huge plus for Crash. Crash has a different appearance in the Japanese games with a more cartoonish style. However, this isn’t uniformal across the series - especially in the Crash Team Racing games. The Japanese do know Crash’s western appearance and seem to prefer that one.

I think his Japanese appearance will be either apart of his alternate costume set with it split evenly (4 and 4) or a Mario/Pikachu/Joker deal with one or two slots devoted to it. It’s easier for ROB to have a different base color from Japan to the West but it’s far more difficult to have an entire render that’s different. For that reason, Crash will retain his western default render but also have his Japanese render as an alt costume. So, Sakurai and Nintendo understands that Japan knows that Crash looks different in the West but this isn’t a commonly known fact in the West - especially among Smash fans who aren’t up to speed about Crash and his series. I think some of this time could be devoted to explaining about this difference as to not confuse western viewers. Also, Crash has far more support in the West than Japan so including Crash but also showing a different version might cause confusion. Since Sakurai always tries to explain things (the whole Terry inside joke, counting in binary, etc), he might want to explain a bit about this difference and why it was included. This info would be better uses for the western viewers than Japanese viewers since they have little knowledge of Crash as a whole.

This is just my viewpoint so please don’t take it as truth.

Imagine if it’s Crash cause his design is different in Japan than it is in the west.
Lol Ninja’d

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Shroob Shroob

If I may suggest try to go to bed at 10 or 11 in your timezone. That way you get 8 hours of enough sleep just in time of the trailer an hour or two before.

Just trying to help is all.
Oh trust me, I'll be fine.

Like I said, sleep is for the weak, this won't be my first all-nighter I pulled for Smash. Thanks for your concern though.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just want someone passed over by the majority and isn't discussed much. Adol, Geralt, Bill Razer, Saber, Sakura, etc. Someone that will jumpstart the speculation scene, if only for a little while, with fresh new character to break the stagnation.
We live with this character forever! Five minutes of speculation is not worth it! This philosophy makes me realize I clearly love the game more than the community---- talking about it is only fun when playing it is fun.
That’s because it would likely be one of the starters and none of the starters stand out that much. Hell, we didn’t even get the Starter that stood out the most from SuMo. We got Inceneroar. And as much as I love him, he was not near as interesting as Decidueye.
He stood out a lot for Japan.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
.....No it doesn't. This has been a long, long....

Long...

Three months.

View attachment 287600
I don’t know if people in this thread feel that it was just yesterday
Okay in my defense, we came off a huge dream pick of mine and they've been holding me over pretty well lol

I understand the last few months of spec probably wasn't fun for y'all, and I hope it turns around for y'all soon

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would keep expectations low regarding Crash tbh.

Although the new game is coming out a day before, reminder that the pandemic for this year threw everything off of their original release dates and so the reveal tomorrow and Crash 4 are likely merely coincidences. Just to save everyone expecting him the disappointment.

Coming from someone who also wants Crash.

Still betting on Rex or Travis.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If we were to get a pokemon that's a generic wrestler, I really wished it was Machamp lol. On top of the wrestling, he also does Jojo Punch Rushes.
View attachment 287579
I mean, I think I could do that if I had four arms. Seems pretty slow to me.

(Honestly, I cannot see Machamp without thinking of the Trading Card Game. One of 16 Holos in the first series of cards... that's impressive.
...for fun I'm gonna name as many of them as I can remember

Venasaur, Blastoise, Charizard, Mewtwo, Machamp, Chansey,
...Magneton I think
Was Pidgeot this first one or the second... hmmm.... I think it was this one....

I failed myself so hard. At best that's half.

Shroob

Sup?
So I was thinking about that brief message after the video information. This seems to be absent in the Japanese tweet.

I think this is a huge plus for Crash. Crash has a different appearance in the Japanese games with a more cartoonish style. However, this isn’t uniformal across the series - especially in the Crash Team Racing games. The Japanese do know Crash’s western appearance and seem to prefer that one.

I think his Japanese appearance will be either apart of his alternate costume set with it split evenly (4 and 4) or a Mario/Pikachu/Joker deal with one or two slots devoted to it. It’s easier for ROB to have a different base color from Japan to the West but it’s far more difficult to have an entire render that’s different. For that reason, Crash will retain his western default render but also have his Japanese render as an alt costume. So, Sakurai and Nintendo understands that Japan knows that Crash looks different in the West but this isn’t a commonly known fact in the West - especially among Smash fans who aren’t up to speed about Crash and his series. I think some of this time could be devoted to explaining about this difference as to not confuse western viewers.

This is just my viewpoint so please don’t take it as truth.

Lol Ninja’d
Venus

God

Venus

PLZ

VENUS PLZ

DON'T GIVE ME HOPE LIKE THIS OH GOD PLZ

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord

Imagine spending hours and money just for the japanese audience to say "i like the american one more"

Then again, maybe it's a "reverse Weeb" scenario, just like how a lot of American Anime fans prefer subs and japanese openings to dubs.

(are you sure about that statement? Crash's grin seems to scare them from what i have heard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom