• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Someone on Gfaqs found that when you search up "Dante Smash Bros Trailer" on You Tube, the 4th result is the Smash reveal tomorrow. I tried this with other characters and the Smash reveal didn't show up as a result.

I really doubt this means anything but its a cool little thing to think about.
I recall this being done in the past and it amounting to **** all.

I don't remember specifically when or what character(s) were involved, but I'm still getting some serious deja vu right now.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I just tried the thing and the Smash stream doesn't appear in my case. I guess maybe it works different depending on the country or the region?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I mean, aren't those just fan made Dante trailers or whatever?

Of course you're going to get directed to that kind of stuff if you post "Dante smash bros trailer"

I highly highly doubt this is a thing.
Yes. This is correct.

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
I just tried the thing and the Smash stream doesn't appear in my case. I guess maybe it works different depending on the country or the region?
same here. I think this a coincidence based on search history, hence why mine appeared with heavy, etc. I think this is purely based on search history.

just used incognito mode and interestingly, heavy still showed up but dante did not. strange indeed.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I mean, aren't those just fan made Dante trailers or whatever?

Of course you're going to get directed to that kind of stuff if you post "Dante smash bros trailer"

I highly highly doubt this is a thing.

Or am I missing something here?
It's the fact that a real smash trailer is sandwiched between them that's strange, not that we're getting fanmade trailers by the bucket full.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Since the Japanese tweet doesn't mention anything about a message from Sakurai at the end, I'm thinking this character might be a character popular in Japan. The brief message would then be Sakurai explaining to us Westeners who the character is and why they're popular, which would be something Japan wouldn't need.
ok so here's how takamaru can still win

no i'm not in denial, you are

ZelDan

Smash Master
It's the fact that a real smash trailer is sandwiched between them that's strange, not that we're getting fanmade trailers.
Well "Smash bros trailer" is still part of the phrase "Dante Smash bros trailer", and an official smash trailer is relevant now, so I'm guessing the algorith just kind of threw up a "smash bros trailer" with a "dante smash bros trailer."

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Well "Smash bros trailer" is still part of the phrase "Dante Smash bros trailer", and an official smash trailer is relevant now, so I'm guessing the lagorith just kind of threw up a "smash bros trailer" with a "danta smash bros trailer."
the initial oddity was that it was happening for dante and only dante, not any other prominent name

however we've now found it appearing for spring man, heavy, and in some regions cinderace, so it's likely bunk

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I didn't have enough time to react to the news this morning, I just came back from work. So,

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

And now that I got that out of my system, did I miss anything else noteworthy today?

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
wait a minute. you guys remember the most wanted smash characters thread right? wouldn't it explain why these characters are in the tags for each one? https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/...smash-bros-ultimate-dlc-characters-by-region/
furthermore, dante smash reveal would most certainly be in the tags if it truly was dante. dante smash trailer is, but reveal is not. whereas heavy smash reveal and trailer both link back to UK's

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Doomguy46

Smash Apprentice
YouTube Dante theory huh? You sure it isn't just YouTube reccomending you things you've looked at/things like things you've looked at?
it's not, I've just confirmed. Incognito as well. Heavy also has links back to UK. The slayer doesn't have any links back to it,

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
wait a minute. you guys remember the most wanted smash characters thread right? wouldn't it explain why these characters are in the tags for each one? https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/...smash-bros-ultimate-dlc-characters-by-region/
furthermore, dante smash reveal would most certainly be in the tags if it truly was dante. dante smash trailer is, but reveal is not. whereas heavy smash reveal and trailer both link back to UK's
I'm pretty sure those lists were proven as illegitimate.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
I recall this being done in the past and it amounting to **** all.

I don't remember specifically when or what character(s) were involved, but I'm still getting some serious deja vu right now.
It reminds me of the Ryu Hayabusa, Doomguy, & Artorias google ad thing from way back.

Which, amounted to nothing.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I wouldnt be unhappy with Dante, but I cant say I'd find it to be personally satisfying. Just one of those never ending checkmarks on a list of video game icons.
Yeah, I'd be fine with Dante, but if you're going to get a couple more third party "icon" characters, there are definitely a few I'd go with before him. Crash, Lara, Doomguy, Hayabusa... Dante isn't even the next choice I'd made for a third Capcom series. I would absolutely pick a Resident Evil character before him. But that's just me, and I'm not the one making this game.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
For whatever it's worth, if you want to examine the ideas of the search results, study up on Search Engine Optimization (SEO). It's pretty fascinating, constantly changing, and obviously very coveted information, as just about any marketer with two cents knows the value of search results bringing you up higher on the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom