• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rural_Juror

Smash Apprentice
If it's Crash (and I hope it is), we're going to see the guy in the costume with the megaphone. They brought him out of retirement for Crash 4 hype, they'll use him here too.
Isn't that just US marketing though? It would be confusing in other territories.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Since the Japanese tweet doesn't mention anything about a message from Sakurai at the end, I'm thinking this character might be a character popular in Japan. The brief message would then be Sakurai explaining to us Westeners who the character is and why they're popular, which would be something Japan wouldn't need.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Since the Japanese tweet doesn't mention anything about a message from Sakurai at the end, I'm thinking this character might be a character popular in Japan. The brief message would then be Sakurai explaining to us Westeners who the character is and why they're popular, which would be something Japan wouldn't need.
Hmm... Big in Japan, niche in America...

I wonder who could fit that description. Certainly not the red-white shrine maiden I keep insisting on...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Arle definitely comes to mind.

D

Deleted member

Reimu??? Sakura???

PacificFun

Smash Ace
I really feel like the message at the end will be about an internal delay. If Sakurai wanted to discuss why the character choice might be "confusing" to the west, he'll explain it in the full character presentation. The Japanese Twitter didn't mention probably just cause.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
If that is the truth (curious to see it) and first party then Ayumi Tachibana. I would bank it. If third party then ????

I've put Famicom Detective Club as a dark horse personally.

Hmm... Big in Japan, niche in America...

I wonder who could fit that description. Certainly not the red-white shrine maiden I keep insisting on...
If Touhou gets a character then I will buy a game from the series if it it's Reimu.

Either way, we're in a ride. 18 hours to go.

Shroob

Sup?
Everyone's excited for this new character, hell, I am too.

But I'm absolutely dreading that comment from Sakurai. Best case scenario, he just says they need a few more weeks for dev time. Worst case scenario, he admits the pass is getting delayed til 2022.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Continuing trying to not overhype------
who is the 'worst' pick you could see for tomorrow? What would disappoint you/the fandom the most?
Best Possible Outcome:
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Master Chief

Worst Possible Outcome:
  • Geno
  • Steve
  • Sora
  • Niche Japanese Character
  • Indie Character

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My hopes are high for Zero. If we get anybody else (Fire Emblem characters included), that's OK with me, but I'm betting my entire soul on the Red Hero.View attachment 287545
And no, I'm not talking about the X series Zero, I'm talking about Zero from the Megaman Zero games.
Is there any reason you feel so strongly, other than personal desire?

D

Deleted member

But I'm absolutely dreading that comment from Sakurai. Best case scenario, he just says they need a few more weeks for dev time. Worst case scenario, he admits the pass is getting delayed til 2022.
I highly doubt the latter will happen, but we will see.
In other news though, the video was uploaded 2 weeks ago, which confirms all the missing news posts and tournaments as being legit.
Quite epic!!!

Teeb147

Smash Legend

No worries beb, he just wants to share a little something, probably about the character or how the development went.

SKX31

Smash Master
Oooh, we talking LoL skins now?

If a League character happened, I'd love if they went full ham and had the skins actually have different effects, animations and taunts, just like in the game.
I've always argued that Nintendo should go full ham with the alternate costumes / skins, so yes I do agree there, since Dota 2 also does that. Yes, it'd be more work, but it'd be another way to include a lot of stuff into the game.

Sometimes it led to some interesting results: Ever seen a bear in an Alpine yodler outfit? It was delisted due to a massive lore mismatch FTR, so it's a collector's item now.

I'm not entirely sure on that: Wouldn't an alternate explanation be that Japanese audiences have more direct access to Sakurai's Faimtsu column, where he talked about the stuff that might be in the extra message?

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true, I'm just not 100 % sure that that's the case.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The best part about pre-announcement Smash discussion is the resurgence of seeing your most wanted character(s) trashed for not being as hype as Dante.
No offense, but literally who here is doing this? This seems unprompted and does nothing but pit people against one another. I’ve checked the past 3 pages and seen nothing of the sort.

The only thing I saw Dante related was a cool in depth look at a Dante moveset that Idon posted. There’s no need to just start this unprompted.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to be home until an hour after the presentation. If it's an SMT rep it would almost feel like a pattern where I miss the reveals for stuff I'm excited for. I skipped the game awards and Joker was revealed. I couldn't watch the first direct mini and we got SMT news, and now I can't watch tomorrow's presentation.

kylexv

Smash Master
So what you're saying is that we're going to have a Marth in Melee situation again?
I could see it, but I don't know how likely it is.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't think it means much. Just enjoy the ride ;) it'll be the reveal finallly.

I guess I'll take a small break from the forum for now, both to avoid possible leaks and other stuff. It'll be great to wake up and finally see who it is :)

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
No offense, but literally who here is doing this? This seems unprompted and does nothing but pit people against one another. I’ve checked the past 3 pages and seen nothing of the sort.

The only thing I saw Dante related was a cool in depth look at a Dante moveset that Idon posted. There’s no need to just start this unprompted.
Probably a reference back to how people were convinced that Fighter 5 was Dante, only to be taken aback by the fact that it was Byleth instead.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I'm not saying it's Saber, because Sakurai would need a lot longer than 3 & 1/2 minutes to explain Fate. just imagine if he did though
Eh, given how confused I was by the Persona reveal, I think it's fair for an entire country to not know what's going on for the sake of me remembering a Pizza Hut commercial from 20 years ago.
This is really off-topic, but I was looking at your signature and noticed that you have Shulk twice in the 2014 section; you put the second one next to Lucina when it should be Robin. Just thought I'd point that out. ^^'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom