• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Never played the Crash games, but I think he'd be an addition anyone could get a kick out of, like Banjo. He's popular worldwide, both hardcore and casual audiences could recognize him, and he isn't so niche as to be alienating to anyone. And, after the not bad, but relatively more tame additions of Byleth and Min Min, I think a character with universal appeal would be perfect right now. Steve is similar imo, if a bit divisive in hardcore circles.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So since its just gonna be a trailer and message from Sakurai it seems like there won't be any Mii fighter costumers, even if the fighter is being released soon after the trailer is released.
I doubt we won't get any Mii. They might present them in a separate video like they did with Joker.

D

Deleted member

I am going to vent, but goodness.

I wish it was easier for me to escape from reality. CP7 helps.

However, reality will always bite back hard.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Has anyone notable retweeted the announcement yet? Voice actors, other game accounts, etc?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I know I'm overexpecting but I really want a Cloud/Sonic level reveal tomorrow. Where the whole community loses their **** in glee.
Me too. Even if it isnt a character from my own ... extensive... list, I want it to mean a lot for Smash.

Sora
Lara Croft
Master Chief

Something big, something good...somethings coming, yes it should
Who knows???

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It could be anyone. The biggest with more chance is just a Pokemon rep, and a Zelda rep, But I feel like it's really open season.

And with no notable leaks about it (and I don't want to know if anyone spoils it), it's gonna be a surprise :)

Less than 18 19 hours.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
It's finally time! Lesson here is never write off a month, heh.

As for who it is? I got no clue, not gonna try to predict that. However, this upcoming character will define speculation for the foreseeable future. Of that I'm certain.

I got Sora, hooray! Who did you guys get?

I got Crash. Ironically I don't find him to be very likely, but I'd love to be wrong. Anyone who's expecting him just because his game comes out tomorrow is up for a very rude awakening though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
the question is if theyre dropping tomorrow or dropping in a few weeks

the vod was uploaded 2 weeks ago so it raises the question
There’s maintenance on the 4th so it’ll probably drop THAT day

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I can't watch the presentation in real time, I'll watch it two or three hours later... sadly. Though I'm happy that they will finally reveal the character.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

They usually showcase the character lately, and tomorow is just the trailer, and it said a short message from sakurai, so I think it'll just be a later release. I just hope not too far in the future. But knowing which character it is is all I wanna know first :D

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I know it's unlikely, but the SMT nocturne remaster is releasing in October in Japan. It almost definitely won't happen, but this would be the perfect time for Demi-Fiend.
The time is NOW for us brothers.
IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS, WE WILL FINALLY ACHIEVE MAINSTREAM APPEAL VIA SMASH BROS.
AAAAAAAAAAAH

Idon Idon would be a fantastic friend for you.
Well yes, he's already a part of the SMT support thread so he's already considered a man of taste.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I am thinking it has to be a few weeks away. Every other character got a full explanation before dropping, I imagine we will get another video in the future of Sakurai explaining the character (plus the Miis, etc).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I was bored so I made a Dante moveset.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Splash Art.png
Introduction
Dante lands onto the stage, his coat fluttering up. He then stands up and turns around, smiling at the camera and getting into his stance.

A combination of his introductory scene in DMC4 and MvC3

Stance
Devil May Care

Stands as he does in his main games; right foot forward and hands at his side in a casual manner

Crouch

Does his crouching animation from MvC3

Idle 1
Scratches his head

the first part of his idle in DMC3

Idle 2
Crosses his arms and taps his foot impatiently

the second part of his idle in DMC3

Walk
Dante casually strides forward

An animation in every DMC game including DMC3

Sprint
Speed
Dashes forward in a rapid sprint

a mechanic for some reason added finally at DMC4

Double Jump
Air Hike
Steps on a demon sigil and flips forward or backward

an ability unlocked in DMC3

Wall Jump
Wall Kick
Dante leaps off the wall and gets a large amount of height helping him recover

An ability available by default in DMC3

Taunt 1
Come on!
Dante beckons with his right hand for you to attack, saying "Come on!"

a taunt from DMC3

Taunt 2
Ya Scared?
Dante shrugs with his hands outstreched asking "Ya scared?"

a taunt from DMC3

Taunt 3
Let's Rock, Baby!
Dante takes out Ebony and Ivory and spins them aiming them forward shouting "Let's Rock, Baby!"

the very first action you see Dante do in DMC1 and a habit Dante that happens across all DMC games.

Note: Dante has a unique victory transition card wherein bullet holes riddle the camera until it shatters into several pieces revealing the victory screen, a staple of the DMC series
Victory 1
I'm Absolutely Crazy About it!
Flaps back his coat and reaches out for his twin guns, spinning them and aiming them sidewinder style forwards, flashing a grin in the meanwhile yelling "I'm absolutely crazy about it!",

his ending in DMC3 and referenced in MvC3

Victory 2
Come on Babes, Let's Rock!
Dante flourishes his coat and then turns towards the camera, aiming his guns side by side and blowing his hair out of his eyes.

Something he does in the ending of DMC4

Victory 3
Don't You Dare Say It!
Dante and Vergil both Stinger towards each other from offscreen, clashing their swords and sliding past each other. Vergil yells at Dante "Don't you dare say it!" slashing at him. Dante deftly ducks under the sword swings and fires both Ebony and Ivory at the camera yelling "Jackpot!"

his ending in DMC5

Defeat
Don't Worry
Claps smugly like he's impressed, but not that impressed

A cutscene in DMC4

Victory Theme
Devils Never Cry
Plays the ending chords of Devils Never Cry 1:32-1:39

Kirby Hat
Salon of Sparda
Kirby has Dante's white locks of hair, his fingerless (or in this case knub-less) gloves along with Ebony and Ivory attached to his back.
Shield
Guard
Holds his hands up in a kung-fu stance as he blocks attacks

a default ability of his Royal Guard style in DMC5

Parry
Royal Guard
Dante turns around and does an alternate royal guard animation for blocking someone blocking someone from behind. Any parries add to a royalguard gauge.

a new animation added in DMC5

Shield Broken
Seeing stars
Dante hunches over with stars on his head

a status added in DMC5

Sleeping
Dante crosses his arms and falls asleep standing up

an idle animation added in DMC4

Forward/Backward Dodge
Side Roll
Dante rolls

as per DMC3

Spot Dodge
Ground Trick
Dante disappears into a blur for a second before reappearing

a move that took until DMC5 for him to get

Air Dodge
Woo-Hoo!
Dante twirls in the air deftly avoiding enemy attacks, based off a cutscene in DMC3.

A move Dante does in a cutscene in DMC3

Ledge Attack
Hammer
Dante flips back onto the stage while doing a double-handed overhead slam

A move in the Beowulf moveset Dante does in DMC3

Get-up attack
Devil Trigger Explosion
Creates an explosion that hits both sides as Dante rises from the ground

the moment Dante awakens his Devil Trigger and an ability in DMC3

Ground Tech
Flipper
Rights himself by doing a handstand before landing

a move unlocked in DMC4
Shield Special
Release
Dante holds out his left palm and lunges forward, using all his royal gauge. The more the gauge the stronger the attack, however it's overall weak even maxed out.

That is, unless he times the first frames of the attack with an enemy's attack. If hit during the first moments, he'll do a Royal Release, taking no damage and multiplying the attack's power, damage, and even range, zooming across the screen and punishing zoners.

This is another key ability of the royalguard style introduced in DMC3.

Neutral Special
Gunslinging Trickster
A multi-part special attack similar in the vein to Joker's Gun special
Grounded, Dante pulls out Ebony and Ivory and fires 3 shots forward, repeated inputs repeats the 3 shots forward. These shots are very short range but knock enemies that are too close up into the air.

From here, pressing Up will have Dante leap into the air and perform a Rainstorm, a spinning outwards to downwards series of gunshots.

Pressing Down will have Dante do Twosome Time, where Dante switches to shooting the shots in both directions at once.

Pressing Forwards or Backwards will have Dante do Trickster's Dash in the direction inputted.

He can also cancel the move with shield.
The gun attacks are all moves Dante is able to use in DMC3 in his Gunslinger Style while the dashes are key to the trickster style.

Aerial Neutral Special
Aerial Gunslinging Trickster
In the air, he does the same 3 shots initially which, true to the game, cause him to stall his fall slightly.

Downwards will then activate Rainstorm, explained previously.

Upwards will have Dante use his double jump if applicable, otherwise it cancels the move.

Forwards and Backwards will have Dante use Sky Star, where he dashes forward or backwards from a sigil formed in the air, giving him a situational airdash and combo extender

He can also cancel the move with airdodge.
The gun attacks are all moves Dante is able to use in DMC3 in his Gunslinger Style while the dashes are key to the trickster style.

Side Special
Round Trip
Dante charges for a quick moment before throwing Rebellion forward which travels, spinning around before coming back, knocking anyone caught back into Dante's face.

A move used since DMC1 but was altered to a version never used again in DMC3, though Vergil in that game retains the classic Round Trip.

Down Special
Devil Trigger
Dante transforms into a full bodied devil, embracing his demonic heritage and increasing the attack power of several of his moves, or even modifying others. Draws from a pool of energy replenished by attacking enemies. Pressing this button again cancels the transformation while conserving leftover meter. He also gains the ability to triple jump in this form ala MvC3 and to glide for a short period of time as in DMC3, patching up his recovery and adding a ton of more options to his mobility and comboes. All Rebellion attacks gain a red trail while all gun attacks are now charged with red electricity. His forward smash and grabs are modified.

An iconic part of not only DMC3 but DMC as a series.

Up Special
Air Trick
Dante teleports a short distance. While it's mediocre as far as teleport recoveries go and thus doesn't allow him to go far offstage, it doesn't put him in free fall and has next to no endlag, making his pressure game unparalleled

staple of the Trickster ability in DMC3
Jab:
Rebellion Combo I/Combo II
His classic 3 hit combo consisting of an inwards diagonal down strike, an outwards diagonal strike upwards, and finishing with a spinning diagonal downwards strike outwards.

Unlike other rapid jabs, mashing will get the "gentleman" 3-hit combo while delaying the first hit will activate Combo II, wherein he flamboyantly swings the sword around his head and follows with the rapid flurry of stabs known as "Million Stab."

Both combos present in DMC3

Forward Tilt:
Stinger/Million Stab
Dante lunges forward and does an incredibly powerful stab that is both fast, powerful, and long-range.

Holding the attack button down will instead transition into Million Stab, the rapid flurry of stabs present in his jab attack.

It's an iconic move used in DMC3

Down Tilt:
Cold Shower
Dante pulls out ebony and Ivory and shoots at the ground 4 times.

A move Dante does in DMC3 that's been repurposed as a special move in MvC3

Up Tilt:
Prop Shredder
Takes out his sword and makes it magically spin like a buzzsaw above his head, Prop. Pressing the button again will lead into a second spinning attack, Shredder.

A move staple to the Swordmaster Style in DMC3

Dash Attack:
Even If It Means Killing You
While Dante is running, he takes out Rebellion and does a massive sweeping strike forward, going past the enemy if it's blocked. It's powerful and surprisingly fast.

Based on the final attack against Vergil in DMC3.
Forward Smash
Quick Drive/Drive/Overdrive + Dance Macabre
Dante does Quick Drive, a reverse-grip swing forward that weak ground shockwave.

At half charge, Dante does Drive and instead fires out a weak blade beam that travels across the ground and pops enemies up. At max charge Dante does Overdrive, 3 backhanded swings, each firing off a beam.

When in Devil Trigger, he starts off Drive even with no charge. Half charge, he does Overdrive. At max charge, he does a new move, Dance Macabre, wherein he does 2 reverse grip swings with no beam. This combos into a powerful baseball swing imbued with demonic energy which sends the enemy flying. Dante shouts "A-ONE, TWO, FINISH!" for this move.

While Drive is in DMC3, it's only the single beam variant. DMC4 added Quick Drive and Overdrive. DMC4 also added a new version of Dance Macabre which uses 2 Drives to setup into a baseball swing.

Down Smash
Crazy Dance
Dante stabs the sword into the ground and then grabs it with both hands spinning around the blade and kicking at the opponent. Enemies hit are launched into a final hit where he uses the momentum to swing forward and launch enemies away, shouting "Down and Out!"

A part of Dante's Dance Macabre series of attacks in DMC3.

Up Smash
High Time
Dante swings his sword up uniquely launching enemies a set distance away, shouting "Blast Off!"

At half charge, Dante leaps up while rising, letting him easily combo anyone who's hit.

A staple move of the series, no different in DMC3
Neutral Aerial
Righteous Law
Dante spins vertically, swinging Rebellion in his right hand while firing Ebony in his left hand.

A move Dante uses while falling from the Temen-Ni-Gru in DMC3.

Forward Aerial
Aerial Rave
A 3 part forward air ala Bayonetta. First button press is a diagonally down inwards swing remniscient of other typical swordie fairs, the second button press is two horizontal swings, one outwards and one inwards, and the third button press is a powerful finishing horizontally swing outwards, the momentum spinning Dante around. Another move present in the Swordmaster Style in DMC3 though it takes its animation here from DMC4

Back Aerial
As I Put It Under
Dante does a back thrust kick.

A move Dante does when he doesn't have any weapons in equipped DMC3 and appears frequently in cutscenes in DMC3

Down Aerial
Helm Breaker
Dante takes out Rebellion and falls downwards doing a powerful swing while falling.

A move used in every game, including DMC3

Up Aerial
Kick 13
Dante does 2 ascending kicks in the air, juggling opponents further up.

Originally Vergil used this move in DMC3, dubbed "Rising Sun" though Dante learns how to use a variant of it in DMC4
Grab
And Neither do I
Does a casual grasp and grabs them by the cuff of their shoulder. While Dante doesn't usually grab people, but the closest thing is from DMC4

Pummel
Hyper Fist
Dante rapid-fire pummels the opponent in the chest with his left fist

a variant of a Beowulf move Dante does in DMC3.

Forward Throw
Straight
Dante kicks off the opponent backwards whilst shooting 3 shots at them with Ebony and Ivory.

While in Devil Trigger, Dante follows up the last shot with a Straight, a lunging right punch used in DMC3.

The initial part of the move is based on his forward throw in MvC3 while the second hit is a move from the beowulf weapon in DMC3

Back Throw
Killer Bee
Dante flips over the opponent and fires 4 shots at them from Ebony and Ivory.

While in Devil Trigger, Dante follows up the last shot with Killer Bee, a divekick used in all games, including DMC3.

The initial part of the move is based on his back throw in MvC3 while the second hit is both the aerial move Dante does without a weapon and part of the beowulf weapon in DMC3.

Down Throw
Dante does Wild Stomp, wherein he stomps on the downed opponent and fires 2 shots at them before kicking them away.

While in Devil Trigger, Dante follows up the gunshots by doing Volcano, a ground punch which creates a massive explosion on impact.

Both moves are used in DMC3

Up Throw
Dante does Beast Upper, a quick uppercut with his right fist.

In Devil Trigger, Dante instead does Real Impact, a flamboyant powerful gut uppercut with his right fist that transitions into Rising Dragon, wherein he leaps up making it a rising uppercut.

All these uppercts are part of the Beowulf weapon in DMC3.
Final Smash
Jackpot!
Dante shouts "Time to Finish This!" while Vergil appears beside Dante. Vergil Air Tricks to the opposite end of the stage and they both Stinger towards each other. Anyone caught is put into a cinematic where they both attack the opponent, finishing with Dante giving Vergil Ebony and Dante brandishing Ivory. They then stack the guns on top of each other and fire simultaneously, piercing the opponent with spiraling twin bullets of blue and red energy.

The iconic finishing move of the Sons of Sparda in DMC3.
The symbol Triple S Style rank, first introduced in DMC3.
Series Icon 2.png

Fun fact, I had to make this from scratch since it didn't exist anywhere else
Dante's youthful face, before he got a chin full of stubble, based on DMC3.
Stock Icon.png
The pinnacle of the Temen-Ni-Gru, the primary location of DMC3's plot.
Stage 2.png
Default appearance is Dante's DMC3 design
Skins.png

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Since the trailer is 3 minutes presumably, there are probably alt characters here. So, being more "pessimistic", maybe it'll be Monster Hunter or Bravely Defualt characters. I just can't see a character like Lara Croft, Crash or Cheif taking up 3 minutes.
Maybe it's a character with an echo. Though I cant imagine this (as it would be odd and create a disparity in prices of characters).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Since the trailer is 3 minutes presumably, there are probably alt characters here. So, being more "pessimistic", maybe it'll be Monster Hunter or Bravely Defualt characters. I just can't see a character like Lara Croft, Crash or Cheif taking up 3 minutes.
3 minutes can be short for a trailer if it has again a drawn out intro or 'battle' between characters, or who knows what it is.
It'll probably have like 20 seconds of seeing some of the moves at the end of it, like usuall.

D

Deleted member

I was bored so I made a Dante moveset.
Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Introduction
Dante lands onto the stage, his coat fluttering up. He then stands up and turns around, smiling at the camera and getting into his stance.

A combination of his introductory scene in DMC4 and MvC3

Stance
Devil May Care

Stands as he does in his main games; right foot forward and hands at his side in a casual manner

Crouch

Does his crouching animation from MvC3

Idle 1
Scratches his head

the first part of his idle in DMC3

Idle 2
Crosses his arms and taps his foot impatiently

the second part of his idle in DMC3

Walk
Dante casually strides forward

An animation in every DMC game including DMC3

Sprint
Speed
Dashes forward in a rapid sprint

a mechanic for some reason added finally at DMC4

Double Jump
Air Hike
Steps on a demon sigil and flips forward or backward

an ability unlocked in DMC3

Wall Jump
Wall Kick
Dante leaps off the wall and gets a large amount of height helping him recover

An ability available by default in DMC3

Taunt 1
Come on!
Dante beckons with his right hand for you to attack, saying "Come on!"

a taunt from DMC3

Taunt 2
Ya Scared?
Dante shrugs with his hands outstreched asking "Ya scared?"

a taunt from DMC3

Taunt 3
Let's Rock, Baby!
Dante takes out Ebony and Ivory and spins them aiming them forward shouting "Let's Rock, Baby!"

the very first action you see Dante do in DMC1 and a habit Dante that happens across all DMC games.

Note: Dante has a unique victory transition card wherein bullet holes riddle the camera until it shatters into several pieces revealing the victory screen, a staple of the DMC series
Victory 1
I'm Absolutely Crazy About it!
Flaps back his coat and reaches out for his twin guns, spinning them and aiming them sidewinder style forwards, flashing a grin in the meanwhile yelling "I'm absolutely crazy about it!",

his ending in DMC3 and referenced in MvC3

Victory 2
Come on Babes, Let's Rock!
Dante flourishes his coat and then turns towards the camera, aiming his guns side by side and blowing his hair out of his eyes.

Something he does in the ending of DMC4

Victory 3
Don't You Dare Say It!
Dante and Vergil both Stinger towards each other from offscreen, clashing their swords and sliding past each other. Vergil yells at Dante "Don't you dare say it!" slashing at him. Dante deftly ducks under the sword swings and fires both Ebony and Ivory at the camera yelling "Jackpot!"

his ending in DMC5

Defeat
Don't Worry
Claps smugly like he's impressed, but not that impressed

A cutscene in DMC4

Victory Theme
Devils Never Cry
Plays the ending chords of Devils Never Cry 1:32-1:39

Kirby Hat
Salon of Sparda
Kirby has Dante's white locks of hair, his fingerless (or in this case knub-less) gloves along with Ebony and Ivory attached to his back.
Shield
Guard
Holds his hands up in a kung-fu stance as he blocks attacks

a default ability of his Royal Guard style in DMC5

Parry
Royal Guard
Dante turns around and does an alternate royal guard animation for blocking someone blocking someone from behind. Any parries add to a royalguard gauge.

a new animation added in DMC5

Shield Broken
Seeing stars
Dante hunches over with stars on his head

a status added in DMC5

Sleeping
Dante crosses his arms and falls asleep standing up

an idle animation added in DMC4

Forward/Backward Dodge
Side Roll
Dante rolls

as per DMC3

Spot Dodge
Ground Trick
Dante disappears into a blur for a second before reappearing

a move that took until DMC5 for him to get

Air Dodge
Woo-Hoo!
Dante twirls in the air deftly avoiding enemy attacks, based off a cutscene in DMC3.

A move Dante does in a cutscene in DMC3

Ledge Attack
Hammer
Dante flips back onto the stage while doing a double-handed overhead slam

A move in the Beowulf moveset Dante does in DMC3

Get-up attack
Devil Trigger Explosion
Creates an explosion that hits both sides as Dante rises from the ground

the moment Dante awakens his Devil Trigger and an ability in DMC3

Ground Tech
Flipper
Rights himself by doing a handstand before landing

a move unlocked in DMC4
Shield Special
Release
Dante holds out his left palm and lunges forward, using all his royal gauge. The more the gauge the stronger the attack, however it's overall weak even maxed out.

That is, unless he times the first frames of the attack with an enemy's attack. If hit during the first moments, he'll do a Royal Release, taking no damage and multiplying the attack's power, damage, and even range, zooming across the screen and punishing zoners.

This is another key ability of the royalguard style introduced in DMC3.

Neutral Special
Gunslinging Trickster
A multi-part special attack similar in the vein to Joker's Gun special
Grounded, Dante pulls out Ebony and Ivory and fires 3 shots forward, repeated inputs repeats the 3 shots forward. These shots are very short range but knock enemies that are too close up into the air.

From here, pressing Up will have Dante leap into the air and perform a Rainstorm, a spinning outwards to downwards series of gunshots.

Pressing Down will have Dante do Twosome Time, where Dante switches to shooting the shots in both directions at once.

Pressing Forwards or Backwards will have Dante do Trickster's Dash in the direction inputted.

He can also cancel the move with shield.

Aerial Neutral Special
Aerial Gunslinging Trickster
In the air, he does the same 3 shots initially which, true to the game, cause him to stall his fall slightly.

Downwards will then activate Rainstorm, explained previously.

Upwards will have Dante use his double jump if applicable, otherwise it cancels the move.

Forwards and Backwards will have Dante use Sky Star, where he dashes forward or backwards from a sigil formed in the air, giving him a situational airdash and combo extender

He can also cancel the move with airdodge.

Side Special
Round Trip
Dante charges for a quick moment before throwing Rebellion forward which travels, spinning around before coming back, knocking anyone caught back into Dante's face.

A move used since DMC1 but was altered to a version never used again in DMC3, though Vergil in that game retains the classic Round Trip.

Down Special
Devil Trigger
Dante transforms into a full bodied devil, embracing his demonic heritage and increasing the attack power of several of his moves, or even modifying others. Draws from a pool of energy replenished by attacking enemies. Pressing this button again cancels the transformation while conserving leftover meter. He also gains the ability to triple jump in this form ala MvC3 and to glide for a short period of time as in DMC3, patching up his recovery and adding a ton of more options to his mobility and comboes. All Rebellion attacks gain a red trail while all gun attacks are now charged with red electricity. His forward smash and grabs are modified.

An iconic part of not only DMC3 but DMC as a series.

Up Special
Air Trick
Dante teleports a short distance. While it's mediocre as far as teleport recoveries go and thus doesn't allow him to go far offstage, it doesn't put him in free fall and has next to no endlag, making his pressure game unparalleled

staple of the Trickster ability in DMC3
Jab:
Rebellion Combo I/Combo II
His classic 3 hit combo consisting of an inwards diagonal down strike, an outwards diagonal strike upwards, and finishing with a spinning diagonal downwards strike outwards.

Unlike other rapid jabs, mashing will get the "gentleman" 3-hit combo while delaying the first hit will activate Combo II, wherein he flamboyantly swings the sword around his head and follows with the rapid flurry of stabs known as "Million Stab."

Both combos present in DMC3

Forward Tilt:
Stinger/Million Stab
Dante lunges forward and does an incredibly powerful stab that is both fast, powerful, and long-range.

Holding the attack button down will instead transition into Million Stab, the rapid flurry of stabs present in his jab attack.

It's an iconic move used in DMC3

Down Tilt:
Cold Shower
Dante pulls out ebony and Ivory and shoots at the ground 4 times.

A move Dante does in DMC3 that's been repurposed as a special move in MvC3

Up Tilt:
Prop Shredder
Takes out his sword and makes it magically spin like a buzzsaw above his head, Prop. Pressing the button again will lead into a second spinning attack, Shredder.

A move staple to the Swordmaster Style in DMC3

Dash Attack:
Even If It Means Killing You
While Dante is running, he takes out Rebellion and does a massive sweeping strike forward, going past the enemy if it's blocked. It's powerful and surprisingly fast.

Based on the final attack against Vergil in DMC3.
Forward Smash
Quick Drive/Drive/Overdrive + Dance Macabre
Dante does Quick Drive, a reverse-grip swing forward that weak ground shockwave.

At half charge, Dante does Drive and instead fires out a weak blade beam that travels across the ground and pops enemies up. At max charge Dante does Overdrive, 3 backhanded swings, each firing off a beam.

When in Devil Trigger, he starts off Drive even with no charge. Half charge, he does Overdrive. At max charge, he does a new move, Dance Macabre, wherein he does 2 reverse grip swings with no beam. This combos into a powerful baseball swing imbued with demonic energy which sends the enemy flying. Dante shouts "A-ONE, TWO, FINISH!" for this move.

While Drive is in DMC3, it's only the single beam variant. DMC4 added Quick Drive and Overdrive. DMC4 also added a new version of Dance Macabre which uses 2 Drives to setup into a baseball swing.

Down Smash
Crazy Dance
Dante stabs the sword into the ground and then grabs it with both hands spinning around the blade and kicking at the opponent. Enemies hit are launched into a final hit where he uses the momentum to swing forward and launch enemies away, shouting "Down and Out!"

A part of Dante's Dance Macabre series of attacks in DMC3.

Up Smash
High Time
Dante swings his sword up uniquely launching enemies a set distance away, shouting "Blast Off!"

At half charge, Dante leaps up while rising, letting him easily combo anyone who's hit.

A staple move of the series, no different in DMC3
Neutral Aerial
Righteous Law
Dante spins vertically, swinging Rebellion in his right hand while firing Ebony in his left hand.

A move Dante uses while falling from the Temen-Ni-Gru in DMC3.

Forward Aerial
Aerial Rave
A 3 part forward air ala Bayonetta. First button press is a diagonally down inwards swing remniscient of other typical swordie fairs, the second button press is two horizontal swings, one outwards and one inwards, and the third button press is a powerful finishing horizontally swing outwards, the momentum spinning Dante around. Another move present in the Swordmaster Style in DMC3 though it takes its animation here from DMC4

Back Aerial
As I Put It Under
Dante does a back thrust kick.

A move Dante does when he doesn't have any weapons in equipped DMC3 and appears frequently in cutscenes in DMC3

Down Aerial
Helm Breaker
Dante takes out Rebellion and falls downwards doing a powerful swing while falling.

A move used in every game, including DMC3

Up Aerial
Kick 13
Dante does 2 ascending kicks in the air, juggling opponents further up.

Originally Vergil used this move in DMC3, dubbed "Rising Sun" though Dante learns how to use a variant of it in DMC4
Grab
And Neither do I
Does a casual grasp and grabs them by the cuff of their shoulder. While Dante doesn't usually grab people, but the closest thing is from DMC4

Pummel
Hyper Fist
Dante rapid-fire pummels the opponent in the chest with his left fist

a variant of a Beowulf move Dante does in DMC3.

Forward Throw
Straight
Dante kicks off the opponent backwards whilst shooting 3 shots at them with Ebony and Ivory.

While in Devil Trigger, Dante follows up the last shot with a Straight, a lunging right punch used in DMC3.

The initial part of the move is based on his forward throw in MvC3 while the second hit is a move from the beowulf weapon in DMC3

Back Throw
Killer Bee
Dante flips over the opponent and fires 4 shots at them from Ebony and Ivory.

While in Devil Trigger, Dante follows up the last shot with Killer Bee, a divekick used in all games, including DMC3.

The initial part of the move is based on his back throw in MvC3 while the second hit is both the aerial move Dante does without a weapon and part of the beowulf weapon in DMC3.

Down Throw
Dante does Wild Stomp, wherein he stomps on the downed opponent and fires 2 shots at them before kicking them away.

While in Devil Trigger, Dante follows up the gunshots by doing Volcano, a ground punch which creates a massive explosion on impact.

Both moves are used in DMC3

Up Throw
Dante does Beast Upper, a quick uppercut with his right fist.

In Devil Trigger, Dante instead does Real Impact, a flamboyant powerful gut uppercut with his right fist that transitions into Rising Dragon, wherein he leaps up making it a rising uppercut.

All these uppercts are part of the Beowulf weapon in DMC3.
Final Smash
Jackpot!
Dante shouts "Time to Finish This!" while Vergil appears beside Dante. Vergil Air Tricks to the opposite end of the stage and they both Stinger towards each other. Anyone caught is put into a cinematic where they both attack the opponent, finishing with Dante giving Vergil Ebony and Dante brandishing Ivory. They then stack the guns on top of each other and fire simultaneously, piercing the opponent with spiraling twin bullets of blue and red energy.

The iconic finishing move of the Sons of Sparda in DMC3.
The symbol Triple S Style rank, first introduced in DMC3.
View attachment 287533
Fun fact, I had to make this from scratch since it didn't exist anywhere else
Dante's youthful face, before he got a chin full of stubble, based on DMC3.
View attachment 287532
The pinnacle of the Temen-Ni-Gru, the primary location of DMC3's plot.
View attachment 287531
Default appearance is Dante's DMC3 design
View attachment 287530
All of this Dante talk is motivating me to get DMC3. Fantastic move-set! I also loved how you included gifs.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Continuing trying to not overhype------
who is the 'worst' pick you could see for tomorrow? What would disappoint you/the fandom the most?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Continuing trying to not overhype------
who is the 'worst' pick you could see for tomorrow? What would disappoint you/the fandom the most?
Pretty much the one plausible character I'd be a bit disappointed by rn is geno. I've got things good though, so I won't be complaining if he does make it in

As for the general community, I don't think people would be thrilled about a Gen 8 mon... Or Jonesey lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom