• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I think the ony pick that would dissapoint me is a boring and safe pokemon like cinderance (cool and non bipedal pokemons are still good though) .
Impa would be a mixed bag, considering there are penty of BOTW character i rather have, yet more BOTW content is still welcome.
Never been onto monster hunter but the game have carved itself a space, so i guess that would still be a plus.
If its boring tekken at least its coming with great tekken music :3

D

Deleted member

View attachment 287475
10 pages worth of hype

I can't just read through all that in once sitting. Can I get a rundown on what everybody's said beyond the announcement itself?
We are just speculating.

It is going to be a 3 minute trailer + a message from Sakurai.

1601484826890.png

Then we started speculating about Viewtiful Joe and Wonderful 101 due to 10/1 and Kimeya retweeting Viewtiful Joe for Smash.

The reveal date for the trailer is happening at the same day of Monolith Soft's 21st anniversary, so that is a thing.

I say it is a third party, but many are expecting a Gen 8 Pokemon all of a sudden, even though SwSh got post-release event spirits.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Wonder if the character is from an M rated game, so they can’t do a full in depth presentation because they can’t show gameplay from the character’s game. Then they might do a Joker style presentation later in the month.
Here's how Dante can still win

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
You're missing the point. Saying that a character isn't coming to Smash merely because "Well, if they were going to be included it would've happened by now!" is ****ing stupid.
I will agree that's a bit dumb considering how prioritization seems to work in the team. Though I always felt that if Sakurai still really wanted to add Geno and SE was okay with it, it would've been the best and most likely time to add him in Piranha Plant's spot, an extra Mario character for Smash fans to pre order. Of course, he could happen tomorrow and Sakurai just really wanted Plant first, but I'm not confident.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Same here. I in particular think the character with the least amount of evidence of all is practically a shoe-in for tomorrow.

That's right.

UNREASONABLY COMPRESSED BRYAN CRANSTON JOINS THE BATTLE

View attachment 287430
At this point, you should rename yourself to "Darth Bagel" or "Dank Bagel".

Honestly, even I have no damn clue who to expect from the DLC newcomers at this point in time.

There are currently no clear-cut candidates (third-party or first-party) in my eyes, and I'm mostly just along for the ride. Whoever it is, even if it isn't a character I really want, which is likely, I'll probably still be pretty satisfied with them or at worst entirely neutral.
Pretty much what I'm thinking too. It could be a big third party, smaller third party, first party, whatever. I don't get the impression that anything the insiders said clearly hint at one character either. It's anyone's game practically.

Any way, I'm confident I'm going to enjoy the character too. Maybe not seeing said character everywhere online for the first 2 weeks post-release, but that's a different topic.

I got Sora, hooray! Who did you guys get?

I got Steve... and I find it absolutely wild that my older brother would've gotten Monika, who's pretty much never talked about here AFAIK.

Monika apparently and I don't even know who she is.
Doki Doki Literature Club's main character (I'd argue) and spoiler
antagonist.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Currently split between Rex and Chief rn tbh

Got Lloyd

Ehhhhhh
In terms of hype, or in terms of who is in?

Master Chief would be quite nice. Rex would be cool. I would finish Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.

Last edited by a moderator:

BZocky

Smash Ace
Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This is not a prediction, but would it not be funny if Rex (and Pyra) were CP7 to coincide with Chuggaaconroy's LP of Xenoblade Chronicles 2?
Watch the irony if it’s Elma instead as he planned X initially but decided to hold out for a Switch port cause Miiverse is closed and the port would have better QoL changes over the Wii U version

I guess you could say

it’s the thought that counts?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
The fighter revealed tomorrow will be Guillo from Baten Kaitos, a machine with a male and female soul infused inside, although she sounds mostly female and is referred to as "she", since she has high heels, wide hips, and breasts on her armor. She deals mostly Ice/Shadow magic, using magic orbs as her standard weapon. She is also a *****, I love it. (search "guillo-isms" on youtube. )

Pics:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...est/scale-to-width-down/225?cb=20090515014723

Battle Video showing off her attacks:

But im kidding. She has 0% chance of getting in. Its just a silly dream of mine. Oddly enough, this series, which has seen no demand since the gamecube era, had some exciting news surrounding it this year. If everyone else can throw their silly theories around, then I will throw mine out there:

The series she is from, "Baten Kaitos", is an old Monolith Soft IP from the gamecube era which sold poorly but was VERY well received by critics. It also had great ratings from fans too. This year, the creator Baten Kaitos said "there is a script written for a 3rd game, but no plans to make it. If you want it, let your voice be heard!" and then prompted people to email MonolithSoft HQ. This is true. Also, the song "Valedictory Elegy" is in the sound track in Smash, and appears on the Xenoblade stage .

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Friendly reminder dates and numbers lining up mean basically nothing in the end so you shouldn't get your hopes up that way. (Unless your name is Vault Boy or Little Mac but the Fallout one could've been a coincidence.)

For example:

Not only is it GTA V and Online's 7th Anniversary, but October is the month both San Andreas and Online released. GTA V Online's event week updates every Thursday and GTA V is re-re-releasing later next year.

I don't think GTA is likely as the next fighter, some numbers aren't going to change my point of view. So if dates and numbers align with your favorite, don't ride that hype too hard tomorrow please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom