• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Reimu would probably just get more Japanese purchases only.
Don't underestimate Smash fans wanting a complete roster or checking out a character. Even if it is someone they haven't heard of until now or personally wanted, I can still see hypothetical Reimu DLC selling well for various reasons and not just more Japanese purchases, despite Touhou likely being a Japanese pick. I want to say even the more controversial DLC picks may have sold decently well enough to justify adding them in. Of course it's just my observations with how people want a complete roster and the FGC as a whole.

Regardless I can see us getting a more Western or Japanese oriented pick in the pass considering how International appeal Smash is.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I guessssss, but like I feel this next fighter has to appease both sides of the world, because they need this one to sell the pass more worldwide because Min Min while great isn't exactly the greatest start into getting skeptics into buying it.

Reimu would probably just get more Japanese purchases only.
Yeah, while I won't completely count out anyone, Hero and Banjo both felt like they were about as region specific as Smash DLC was willing to go, and even then Dragon Quest has had almost all their mainline games localized in the West on Nintendo consoles, and most of the Japanese audience had heard of Banjo-Kazooie, even if they hadn't played their games.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So this is interesting... October 1st 1999 is when Monolith Soft was born. 21st anniversary for their company would be the day of the Smash reveal.
I wouldn't read too much into dates. There are many connections to make and reveals almost never line up with them.

That being said though, Rex & Pyra/Mythra win.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
You can play as Mario from the Mario series. You can play as Zelda from the Zelda series. You can play as Pokémon. Why can't you play as Metroid yet? Tomorrow's character reveal will be Metroid. It could be nobody else.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Both to preserve myself from the inevitable leaks and to try and get something done with my day that isn't theorycrafting for a 3 minute trailer, I'm gonna take a break from the thread until tomorrow.

Godspeed, everyone! May your guy/girl/anime animal make the cut!

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You can play as Mario from the Mario series. You can play as Zelda from the Zelda series. You can play as Pokémon. Why can't you play as Metroid yet? Tomorrow's character reveal will be Metroid. It could be nobody else.
Metroid's already in the game you silly! Twice even. :ultsamus::ultdarksamus:

The real question is though: Why can't Metroid crawl?

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Are y’all really just overanalyzing a ****ing Green Day joke from Imran?

That’s a thing that bugs me about this community; y’all think EVERYTHING is a hint, so leakers aren’t allowed to have a little fun by referencing “Wake Me Up When September Ends”
Yeah, I noticed. Not everything is a hint. Maybe the Joe thing is speculation, too. But people just go unnecessarily nuts over what leakers say, and it isn't funny.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Honestly who though? Who could that even be? A lot of major Japanese hits trying to make it big in the West are already in Smash or have had some sort of pre-Smash success that lead to their inclusion.
probably someone the west is ignorent toword so Sakurai has to lay the smack down on us

zferolie

Smash Hero

That’s a thing that bugs me about this community; y’all think EVERYTHING is a hint, so leakers aren’t allowed to have a little fun by referencing “Wake Me Up When September Ends”
You must be new :p

Seriously though the smash community is the most insane at trying to find hints in anything. I mean freaking remember CHAIR theory?!

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500

I think most of us here are just fooling around.

At least, I hope that's the case.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Rex & Aegises without a doubt, but I wouldn't be surprised if KOS-MOS found her way into his moveset somehow as she is a Blade in XC2. Her element overlaps with Mythra's, though.

And yes I did pull her and use her to solo the final boss, she's that good.
I saw someone on one of Chugga's videos saying that KOS-MOS was her first pull.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You didn't, I did. And I did it to point out the supidity of your comment.
In which case, you've got false equivalency. Adding a character in time for an event that's related to both it and Super Smash Bros. is nowhere near the same as adding a character in time for a game that's not even coming out on the Switch.

You know, if it really is Rex and Pyra/Mythra getting in, then this would be the second time Chugga does a let's play of a Xenoblade game only for that character to get into Smash as he was doing his let's play of Xenoblade 1 when Shulk got into Smash 4.
That will be how Elma can still win. :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom