• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't know if we would get another character like that.
I don't see any reason why it's not a possibility though. I'm just saying that, considering it's what tends to push trailers longer, it'd be the most likely outcome for a long trailer.

[annoying direct voice] joining the battle from overwatch
this character is pushing the payload, so we're going to have to push our release date to the end of november
stay tuned for future updates
No god! No god please no! No! No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Hmm... I guess he doesn’t count Joker as promoting P5S but...
...Joker got in because Persona 5 was a huge success all around. Scramble had nothing to do with it whatsoever, in fact it was announced several months after Joker's TGA reveal.

Not calling you out Rie, but I don't really get why people try to logic-loop around to try and "justify" character inclusions as being for promotion's sake always. Unless they're 1st party (and even then it only really seems to apply to Corrin, Byleth, and maybe Min Min), characters get added for a multitude of reasons.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
No but seriously.

Between:
  • Imran Khan doing a reference to Green Day/Billie Joe Armstrong
  • Kamiya retweeting a lot of Viewtiful Joe in Smash tweets
  • The day it happens, the 10/1

It's starting to make a lot of signs towards Viewtiful Joe (The Wonderful 101).

Nintendo cared so little about that ip that instead of porting the game on Switch, they let Platinum games handled a Kickstarter and let them release the game on ps4. I don,t see why suddenly they would have want that in Smash.

D

Deleted member

No but seriously.

Between:
  • Imran Khan doing a reference to Green Day/Billie Joe Armstrong
  • Kamiya retweeting a lot of Viewtiful Joe in Smash tweets
  • The day it happens, the 10/1

It's starting to make a lot of signs towards Viewtiful Joe (The Wonderful 101).
Good point, actually. We could easily see them happen.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
If it is a longer trailer, I don't think the gimmick is going to be the cause of it. It's going to be the special alternate costumes like with the aforementioned Hero and Byleth.
I don't think Monster Hunter will be FP7 but this is definitely a character that would come with a ton of alts to show off.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
If it is a longer trailer, I don't think the gimmick is going to be the cause of it. It's going to be the special alternate costumes like with the aforementioned Hero and Byleth.
That is a good point. Terry, Min Min and Banjo were about 2 and a half minutes while Hero and Byleth were over 3 minutes with the latter just be a few seconds short of being 4 minutes.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wait, What's Viewtiful Joe got to do with anything?
  • Imran’s “lead singer of Green Day” comment
  • Kamiya RTing a lot of Viewtiful Joe stuff
  • like I said the “hey what about Joe” “ummmm...” exchange

D

Deleted member

Sure, we had a Pokemon presentation yesterday, but how does that make a Gen 8 Pokemon likely compared to others?

Also Pokemon had post-release event spirits. Byleth did not, and Byleth got in.

I would be happy for a Gen 8 Pokemon, but I don't think they are in at all for FP2.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m just saying

y’all ain’t ready for our Veemo overlords

different colors than Inklings too, lemme find this mockup by someone in the Octolings thread

got it

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
If CP7 doesn't end up being one of my MWs or a character I have some level of interest in, then hopefully atleast it will be a character that hasn't been speculated and talked about to death and another "Terry-esque", under-the-radar addition.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
  • Imran’s “lead singer of Green Day” comment
  • Kamiya RTing a lot of Viewtiful Joe stuff
  • like I said the “hey what about Joe” “ummmm...” exchange
Well If Imran is supposedly leaving a hint with that comment that is something. The Kamiya Retweeting is new. Didn't see that. I did know about the 3rd point though

If it's Actually Joe I'd be shocked, especially him getting in over Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright, and Dante. I don't know

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Trailer length could suggest a number of things. A longer cinematic trailer telling a mini-story, a standard trailer that has slightly longer gameplay footage, a few complex mechanics being show off, and so on. Heck there's probably a few poor fools out there who think the three minute trailer must be implying a double reveal for Fighter 7 and 8, no matter how unlikely that actually is.

Last edited:

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
I'm still thinking it'll be First Party like Min Min and Byleth before them. I hope I'm wrong, but DLC has felt more modest lately, which licensing fees are not.

If I gotta throw out a guess, I'll go with Paper Mario :ohwell:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
7 almost certainly has to be someone big and E3 worthy since they were most likely going to be revealed there. Granted Palutena and Mii Fighters were the stars of an E3 and the bigger get in Pac Man, one of the grandfathers of gaming was hidden behind doors. So who knows.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Much as I'd like Reimu, that's not the case, Marisa is pretty different move-wise. I don't think she'd be a costume, or even a clone.
Granted, I don't know too much about the Touhou characters, but I thought it might be fitting since Marisa is known for stealing attacks (at least, according to a friend).

7NATOR

Smash Master
What would be cool is the reason the Showcase is so short is because the character is coming out Tomorrow and there's no need for a showcase.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
What would be cool is the reason the Showcase is so short is because the character is coming out Tomorrow and there's no need for a showcase.
What? We've had characters released the following day with Hero, Banjo and Terry and they still got a showcase.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Trailer length could suggest a number of things. A longer cinematic trailer telling a mini-story, a standard trailer that has slightly longer gameplay footage, slightly complex mechanics being show on, and so on. Heck there's probably a few poor fools out there who think the three minute trailer must be implying a double reveal for Fighter 7 and 8, no matter how unlikely that actually is.
Yup the trailer being only 3 minutes and the wording not being plural makes a double not only less likely, but might kill chance reveal along with Mii fighter costumes since those get a trailer as well.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
If CP7 doesn;t end up being one of my MWs or a character I have some level of interest in, then hopefully atleast it will be a character that hasn't been speculated and talked about to death and another "Terry-esque", under-the-radar addition.
Honestly, I won't be shocked whatsoever that CP7 ends up being a character people rarely talk about people have already written off because "Too niche" or "Not popular enough" as people keep bringing up.

And I would welcome it. My most wanteds ain't even characters like Sora, Waluigi, Geno, etc etc and as much as people talk about them, they're on the lower list of characters I want. My most wanted range from Travis, Reimu, Sol Badguy, Monokuma, etc etc: Characters that the broader Smash fandom either don't talk about or written off for weird reasons.

So if it is a Terry-ish or Under-the-radar pick I would gladly welcome them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom