• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
What I'm more interested in right now is the duration.

Terry and Joker's teasers weren't this long. So unless they broke all possible budgets for CG, we're getting some gameplay.

But even then, the only gameplay trailer that broke three minutes were Hero's and Byleth's - and the latter was probably due to the length of the cutscenes in-between gameplay segments. Joker and Terry came close, but didn't reach three minutes.

So yeah, we're probably looking at either a heavy amount of CG or a unique gimmick.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Terry and Joker's teasers weren't this long. So unless they broke all possible budgets for CG, we're getting some gameplay.

But even then, the only gameplay trailer that broke three minutes were Hero's and Byleth's - and the latter was probably due to the length of the cutscenes in-between gameplay segments. Joker and Terry came close, but didn't reach three minutes.

So yeah, we're probably looking at either a heavy amount of CG or a unique gimmick.
Length could be the message from Sakurai, though.

Either way, definitely hype responsibly, everyone! This is definitely gonna be a different reveal than what we've been used to so far, methinks.

D

Deleted member

Can someone PLEASE bet with me?

It won't be an echo-fighter, nor a Gen 8 Pokemon. It will be a third party.

What happens if I lose or win?

TheShiningAbsol

Smash Journeyman
Imran, I love you, but your logic is terrible.

"I doubt it. If they were going to do an ARMS character, it would have been in the base game that already had ARMS costumes, ARMS spirits, and a Spring Man assist trophy.

And also maybe before two Belmonts that play like an ARMS character."
I mean, that’s not really the same. We know that the lack of an ARMS character was a product of bad timing, whereas Monster Hunter clearly could have happened had they wanted to

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Length could be the message from Sakurai, though.

Either way, definitely hype responsibly, everyone! This is definitely gonna be a different reveal than what we've been used to so far, methinks.
I'd think so, but the post says:

" The video presentation will be roughly 3 minutes long, followed by a brief message from Director Masahiro Sakurai. "

So it's a 3-minute trailer AND the message.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
What if it is an Echo Fighter?

If it is only 3 minutes, maybe it is just Sakurai talking about how similar this character is to another character currently in Smash.
It's Shad- no they've made it clear by now that all DLC will be brand-new characters. They put the distinction up for FP1 that there would be no Echo Fighters included, although I don't recall if they did that for FP2 (the same rules seem to apply nonetheless).

The way things have been going, hope for new Echoes seems 100% dead in the water, they've got their skeleton crew working remotely to make these last five new characters with new stages, spirit boards, music, etc. Too much work being directed on that to devote any towards Echoes.

A shame cause there's tons of potential left for Echo Fighters, but oh well. New content is new content and I've been thoroughly enjoying it all.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't think they would do that since it would be a near impossible sell.

EDIT: I mean, why buy the extra character if you already have its base?
Because some people might want to play that extra character instead of the base character?

Some people prefer Daisy to Peach... and some people prefer Lucas to Ness.

D

Deleted member

Everyone, shut up.

It is clearly going to be the Terrarian, because 1.4.1 comes out on October. CP7 will be teased on October.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

" The video presentation will be roughly 3 minutes long, followed by a brief message from Director Masahiro Sakurai. "

Ah, I guess that didn't register with me, lol. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out, then.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Oh snap we going Simon/Richter epic trailer boiiiissss

my bet: it’ll involve WoL like Hero’s did, but instead of a Dark Realm focus it’ll be either the Light Realm (Octoling is perf for this, the aqua Galeem aura looks like the Sanitized ink, and Pearl BOOOOYAAAAHHHing Galeem at the end) or the final battle

Pls

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

This is the kind of thing that gets immedietelly debunked by "Um actually, this is a mistranslation. In the Japanese announcement..."

But if this isn't some weird wording, this could be more exciting than we think.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Rosalina, Min Min, and Palutena all had around 3 minute trailers. I don't think it really means anything.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord

Unique gimmick that warrants a lot of gameplay footage huh?

Gordon Freeman using all of his weapons and requiring ammo for each one confirmed.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmm... I guess he doesn’t count Joker as promoting P5S but...

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
No but seriously.

Between:
  • Imran Khan doing a reference to Green Day/Billie Joe Armstrong
  • Kamiya retweeting a lot of Viewtiful Joe in Smash tweets
  • The day it happens, the 10/1

It's starting to make a lot of signs towards Viewtiful Joe (The Wonderful 101).

Edit: ok my bad, I mixed the characters

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
On the "Trends for you", the most trending right now is between Geno and Dante, earlier it was Crash Bandicoot. Guess Twitter may think those three are the most likely.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
If it is a longer trailer, I don't think the gimmick is going to be the cause of it. It's going to be the special alternate costumes like with the aforementioned Hero and Byleth.
I don't know if we would get another character like that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yoooo what the frick

remember when Kamiya asked Sakurai “hey Sakurai what about Joe” and Sakurai said “uhhhhh...”

bruh

BRUH

B R U H !!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

Three minutes trailer.
Billy Joel Armstrong has three parts to his name
101 is a three digit number.

Three pieces of three themed evidence. Yeah, it's magnet time.

EVIDENCE NUMBER 894!!!! :082:
Pack it up, Speculation Thread. We got a mastermind in here.
[annoying direct voice] joining the battle from overwatch
this character is pushing the payload, so we're going to have to push our release date to the end of november
stay tuned for future updates

View attachment 287414
It can't be Tracer, because I'm already Tracer.

I had to, okay?

Last edited by a moderator:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
No but seriously.

Between:
  • Imran Khan doing a reference to Green Day/Billie Joe Armstrong
  • Kamiya retweeting a lot of Viewtiful Joe in Smash tweets
  • The day it happens, the 10/1

It's starting to make a lot of signs towards Viewtiful Joe (The Wonderful 101).
Okay but they gotta pick one. Either it's Joe or Wonder Red. If they're legitimately leaking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom