• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I'm torn between thinking that Crash getting revealed right before his game is released is way too coincidental to ever happen and that Crash getting showcased in Smash Bros when that new game hasn't even been announced for Switch feels so on brand for this series that of course it happens.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Another tweet from Imran Khan.
I don’t think he saying FP7 would play like Monster Hunter tho

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Dante is back on the menu boys!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
…I’m not trying to stand up for MH or anyhting' but wasn’t this exact same roadblock (to an extent) supposedly in the way if an ARMS character?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It isn't going to be a Gen 8 Pokemon, it will be a third party.

WHO WANTS TO BET???

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
WELP

Here we go, I guess. Of course they drop this after I start getting uneasy and slightly pessimistic, lol.

...It's not a Sakurai Presents, though. And a brief message from Sakurai afterwards...?

...They're gonna announce a pass end date delay, huh? My guess is the character ain't launching anytime soon, either.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just saw on Twitter Kamiya is retweeting a lot of Viewtiful joe in Smash tweet. Did he do that for the other character announcement too? At the same time, I'm not really expecting Joe to be in really, but it's a bit weird.
It's Kamiya - who knows why he does anything? (alternatively, maybe he's just happy that people want Viewtiful Joe back in some form)

SKX31

Smash Master
Just think of it as a "Wake Me Up When September Ends" joke.
Fs in chat for those who predicted September (including me):

I think he's talking about Byleth.
Wouldn't be surprised, since Byleth's playstyle reminds me a bit of Hunter's MvCI's playstyle...

Buuuut I won't commit to that since I could be off the rails.

Like SKX said, it'still ongoing. It ends on October 31st, if memory serves, and some announcements have already been made, with more to come.

Maybe not a frontrunner, but definitely a dark horse for tomorrow.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. It could happen due to an interesting timing (CP7 could certainly release during the Playoffs), but there's no precedence yet (Switch port announcement etc.) to suggest that that would be the case.

I'm not willing to say that it's a front runner, but agreed. Dark horse.

oh hey look, Imran is posting.

Time to read way too deeply into his posts assuming there's a clever, subtle Smash hint in any of them. :4pacman:
Don't worry, we are already over-analyzing Imran's tweets. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
This could also be a shift in how Smash news is delivered, where the Sakurai Presents formula of explaining the character's origins, moveset, mechanics, stage, and music is thrown out for just showing off the trailer and saying "They come out on this date, have fun!".

Maybe Sakurai figured that writing, filming, and editing a presentation for each character wasn't a good use of development time?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Byleth does not play like a Monster Hunter, god damn.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What if it is an Echo Fighter?

If it is only 3 minutes, maybe it is just Sakurai talking about how similar this character is to another character currently in Smash.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
This is the 7th DLC character and the presentation is 3 minutes long.

In Final Fantasy 7, Tifa is the 3rd party member you acquire.

Final Fantasy 7 released in 1997, the same year as Street Fighter 3.

Street Fighter 3 has the number 3 in its title. Mario Party 3 also has the number 3 in its title.

Waluigi is a playable character in Mario Party 3.

Therefore, Crash Bandicoot confirmed.

KingDoop

Smash Cadet
So Sakurai needs to give us a talking to after...and the lack of leaks leads me to believe it's first party.........sounds like fire emblem lol

More seriously Pokemon is fine though. I just hope it isn't one of the starters, though they are the most likely

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Imran echoes what I've been telling people for months and months.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What if it is an Echo Fighter?

If it is only 3 minutes, maybe it is just Sakurai talking about how similar this character is to another character currently in Smash.
I don’t think so. Echoes have the E appended to the number of whomever they’re echoing. FP7 HAS to be fighter 77.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Interesting... He has been retweeting Viewtiful Joe, and Wonderful 101. Considering we are getting CP7 in 10/1... WONDERFUL 101 FOR SMASH?

Facts. How in the world does Byleth play like Monster Hunter? Monster Hunter has ten times more weapons than Byleth does.
Wow, I’m one of the lucky few to NOT be blocked by him!

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Imran, I love you, but your logic is terrible.

"I doubt it. If they were going to do an ARMS character, it would have been in the base game that already had ARMS costumes, ARMS spirits, and a Spring Man assist trophy.

And also maybe before two Belmonts that play like an ARMS character."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom