• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staarih

Smash Master
Crash 4 isn't coming on the Switch though is it? At least not yet. Would be kinda weird to time the reveal of Crash and only promote the releases on other consoles.

Then again, Crash has always been a popular choice and he may be planned regardless of Crash 4, and if delays have happened, sure.

It's all up in the air tbh. I have no idea who do expect, and I love it.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I just realized, given that the presentation is only three minutes and Sakurai has a short announcement he wants to make, odds are we're pulling another Terry, where we just see the CG portion of the trailer.

With gameplay, Smash character trailers can end up between 2 to 4.5 minutes in length. Unless we're getting a 2 minute trailer and Sakurai is really just running on camera, making his announcement in under a minute, and skedaddling, we're not seeing gameplay tomorrow

Simnm

Smash Journeyman
Im telling you there are things that are lining uo for steve if crashs new game would be considered
View attachment 287395
While it is not a gurantee there are a lot of things lining up for steve to be revealed,the fact that the presentation is only 3 minutes long plus a announcement of sakurai it could very well be possible that more information will be shown at minecon

zferolie

Smash Hero
I am excited that we havent been spoiled about this character, and i feel we wont be spoiled till maybe an hour before hand by someone on resetera or something.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
With gameplay, Smash character trailers can end up between 2 to 4.5 minutes in length. Unless we're getting a 2 minute trailer and Sakurai is really just running on camera, making his announcement in under a minute, and skedaddling, we're not seeing gameplay tomorrow
Oh, I thought the trailers were shorter than that.

I hope we'll at least get to see the render in full.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
For every 3rd party characters, the trailer was shown alone without any explanation, then the Sakurai presents happened later. For Byleth and Min Min, the presentation included the reveal + explanation. For this reason, I think it's 3rd party this time. This could also mean that the character isn't finalized and that the release date is not very close.
Interesting thought

D

Deleted member

So we are only getting the trailer tommorow, eh?

Then my guess is further detail could come next week, and we will get a playable character at the later phase of this month.

Last edited by a moderator:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Hmm 3 minute trailer time doesn't necessarily mean it's a fighter with a big gimmick, could be a fighter with two gender options like Byleth or an Alph style alt type of thing.

D

Deleted member

Probably gonna be 3rd party because it’s just a trailer but if the message at the end is a delay then I could see this being dropped to satiate our curiosity and end up being a first party whose gameplay isn’t in a completed state.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
it seems worth noting that this is branded as a 'Mr Sakurai Presents' like all the other presentations, despite only being three minutes

1601477389369.png

given the circumstances (sakurai said in the Min Min presentation that he almost considered just doing a reveal trailer instead of a longer presentation), i have a feeling this might actually be the equivalent to the other presentations and he just didn't have the time in this instance to put something longer together

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Well, looks like it will be just the trailer, it's not a good clue, probably we should wait a bit more than usual. Looks like I'm not the only one worring about this.
Anyway, could be anyone but after 2 Nintendo fighters I prefer a third party. My guts (just thinking about the Ubi Mii cosplays) says that Rayman will happen in the pass but not necessarily tomorrow. I'll be happy with him, I love the french comic style. After Banjo-Kazooie and Min Min and Dixie seeming out for this kind of stuff I don't have a big most wanted but Doom Guy could make me scream at the screen.
Leaks will happen right now, so stay safe.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Calling it now, we're not getting Smash today and we'll get a presentation announcement on Friday
Well call me a clown then lmao. What time is it for Euro-
4PM, AKA time I likely won't get home
IMG_20200426_183156.jpg

Can't believe Nintendo had the audacity to clown on me twice in the span of 2 minutes

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ever want to find a reaction image so bad but you just can't find it?

For me right now it's the one of Rise of Darkrai with Ash having climbed the entire tower while the others took a hot air balloon ride

"FIIIIIIIIIIINALY!"

D

Deleted member

it seems worth noting that this is branded as a 'Mr Sakurai Presents' like all the other presentations, despite only being three minutes

View attachment 287400

given the circumstances (sakurai said in the Min Min presentation that he almost considered just doing a reveal trailer instead of a longer presentation), i have a feeling this might actually be the equivalent to the other presentations and he just didn't have the time in this instance to put something longer together
WELCOME BACK!!!

How are you doing?

Considering it is three minutes long, what will Sakurai say?

zriL

Smash Journeyman
Also, 3 minutes probably means we see the render and some bits of gameplay. I don't think they ever made 3 minutes of full video trailer.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Why would it be that short tho?? Maybe all the core mechanics are shown in the trailer?
...Possibly. I'll keep my prediction of trailer + Sakurai says "delay", with a chance of no gameplay though.

Do they think the long Sakurai Presents videos give away too much or something? Are there not gonna be any more Mii costumes?
Oh yeah, shoot. What about the Mii Costumes? Is this gonna be the first character with two Sakurai Presents?

"Sorry I made you wait. It's 23:00 tomorrow!"
Inb4 people theorize it's someone who said something to the effect of "sorry to keep you waiting" at some point in their gaming history.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Also, 3 minutes probably means we see the render and some bits of gameplay. I don't think they ever made 3 minutes of full video trailer.
Robin and Lucina's trailer is close enough. What do you mean by "full video trailer", exactly? That none of those 3 minutes are gameplay?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
With a high chance of potential spoilers, I'm gonna take a break until after the trailer tomorrow.

Good luck speculating everyone!
I follow this. Whether I end up liking the character or not, I’d at least like to keep the mystery of who it is till they’re revealed. I’ll see you all tomorrow after 10am EST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom