• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
This is what you said

I added the next week because that's what you responded to.
Someone said 'I think its next week.'
You said, 'It kinda has to be.'

This is what started our conversation. And I brought it up because you are by far not the only person I've seen say we have to get a Smash announcement next.
.... you're arguing with me because you don't understand the topic, or the context

Oi vey.

This is the post I responded to

its always "next week" lol
Can you.... not read the sarcasm in the post? The post in question is making fun of how the Smash community has been moving the goalpost of "Next week for sure" through all of September.

I was explaining why people were moving the goalpost, because when one game comes out, it's always "Next week for sure!"

You misread the Entire topic thinking I was trying to say that Smash was 100% guaranteed for next week. If you actually read any of my posts on the prior page, you'll see that I'm VERY suspect of that being true in the first place.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
To clarify, in case I perhaps am not:

There is no need for the Smash announcement to be next, or at any specific point. It doesnt have to be next week. Any announcement can come next, or after that, or after that. Smash does not have a requirement to be any specific week.
.... you're arguing with me because you don't understand the topic, or the context

Oi vey.

This is the post I responded to

Can you.... not read the sarcasm in the post? The post in question is making fun of how the Smash community has been moving the goalpost of "Next week for sure" through all of September.

I was explaining why people were moving the goalpost, because when one game comes out, it's always "Next week for sure!"

You misread the Entire topic thinking I was trying to say that Smash was 100% guaranteed for next week. If you actually read any of my posts on the prior page, you'll see that I'm VERY suspect of that being true in the first place.
We can drop it at this point. But, please dont tell me "I" am the one who missread the context. I'm telling you what you communicated. Perhaps it's not what was intended, and it was poorly stated in my eyes, but this is starting to become about the speaker and not the idea. I'm moving on, thanks.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Very, very, very, unlikely though.

Smash is happening either tommorow, or next week. It has to happen in that time range.
Lol I was partly kidding, we haven't heard about those in ages. And yet.. I don't know why nintendo doesn't want to let those series' breathe. It could potentially be awesome on the switch (including with the controls)

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Maybe the reason it’s taking so long to release fighter 7 is that they’re working on a new mode that’ll release with the fighter? I know he said “this’ll probably be the last mode” but what else could be taking them this long if development has been going smoothly? Is the fighter this complicated? Is it a third party and the other company decided half way through development that they couldn’t use the character anymore? Has it been done and they’re waiting to announce it with some game or something? I hope this character is a good one
1601434330939.png

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Mario is covered, Zelda is covered, Pikmin is covered, Pokemon is covered.

But hey we could get a shadowdrop for Fzero or Starfox.
I guess this was my initial point...
No- we could get information on any of the things I initiallly stated. Or anything else (though I agree, something like Zelda or Mario would be incredibly odd). It could be about Ring Fit (which outsold Animal Crossing recently). It could be about Metroid. It could be about anything, including New Pokemon Snap. This idea of 'covering series' is possibly true, but it's as much a fan theory as 'spirits cant be DLC.'

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I guess this was my initial point...
No- we could get information on any of the things I initiallly stated. It could be about Ring Fit (which outsold Animal Crossing recently). It could be about Metroid. It could be about anything, including New Pokemon Snap. This idea of 'covering series' is possibly true, but it's as much a fan theory as 'spirits cant be DLC.'
Sure. It could happen.
I think smash news is imminent and getting the main series out of the way helps, but doesn't stop us from getting other news, either instead or at the same time.

Shroob

Sup?
To clarify, in case I perhaps am not:

There is no need for the Smash announcement to be next, or at any specific point. It doesnt have to be next week. Any announcement can come next, or after that, or after that. Smash does not have a requirement to be any specific week.

We can drop it at this point. But, please dont tell me "I" am the one who missread the context. I'm telling you what you communicated. Perhaps it's not what was intended, and it was poorly stated in my eyes, but this is starting to become about the speaker and not the idea. I'm moving on, thanks.
I'll gladly move on as well, but again, if you read ANY of my posts on the prior page, you'll see that I don't think Smash is next, so like, yes, you 100% misread the context, hell, I've been extremely critical of Smash this or next week all day.

I'm done as well, and I don't want any bad blood, so I gladly apologize, but I feel like there was a 100% breakdown in communication here, something we can both take blame for, it's not just you or me, but let's also not be soo quick to jump upon one another in the future. Context is key.

Shroob

Sup?
Anyway, is it still too early to tell the # of the next tournament? I assume it goes live in game in what, 2-3 hours? Or is it even today at all?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Anyway, is it still too early to tell the # of the next tournament? I assume it goes live in game in what, 2-3 hours? Or is it even today at all?
You'd probably know more than others here, you're the only one I've seen talking about it lol.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Apparently the skipped IDs are for website updates (like the picture contests), not the Tourneys (which aren't on the site).

I think...

Shroob

Sup?
Apparently the skipped IDs are for website updates (like the picture contests), not the Tourneys (which aren't on the site).

I think...
But Spirit events are, right? Wouldn't Tournies also be there due to them being 'news'? The reason we even know there's a skip is due to a Spirit event and the photo contest.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
But Spirit events are, right? Wouldn't Tournies also be there due to them being 'news'? The reason we even know there's a skip is due to a Spirit event and the photo contest.
So, depending on what you see as an update, what do you draw from that? (Like what are you looking for?)
That's my last post for now, gotta go, but curious a little to know about the updates.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Actually wait... yeah that makes more sense.

The in game news section hasn't updated so it's impossible to check.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'll gladly move on as well, but again, if you read ANY of my posts on the prior page, you'll see that I don't think Smash is next, so like, yes, you 100% misread the context, hell, I've been extremely critical of Smash this or next week all day.

I'm done as well, and I don't want any bad blood, so I gladly apologize, but I feel like there was a 100% breakdown in communication here, something we can both take blame for, it's not just you or me, but let's also not be soo quick to jump upon one another in the future. Context is key.
For the record, I tend to love what you post. Enough to know your name on here, anyway.

Shroob

Sup?
You'd probably know more than others here, you're the only one I've seen talking about it lol.
I know of them and think they're incredibly solid evidence, but I've never gone to the site itself to cross reference the URL numbers, albeit many others have to check that they do exist.
So, depending on what you see as an update, what do you draw from that? (Like what are you looking for?)
That's my last post for now, gotta go, but curious a little to know about the updates.
In Smash, as in, the game, the little tab on the right that shows you the most recent news will have little updates for pretty much everything. If you're able to open that website in a browser, the URLs are all in numerical order.

Basically, we want to know one of three things:

1) Does this Tournament's announcement come after the last Spirit event # wise? If so, then they still skipped the character.(Good news)

2) Does this Tournament's announcement come RIGHT before the Photo Contest/last spirit event in terms of # order? If so, there's still a VERY good chance that the character was skipped.(Good news)

3) If it's smack dab in the middle of the massive void of missing news posts, then that'd put a MASSIVE blow to a character's chances, since this post would be awkwardly shoved in between a potential new character, their stage, and each Mii costume getting its own section.(BAD NEWS)

Basically, we want to know is if the # of this post comes right before or after our current ones, or is smack in the middle of the sea of missing posts. One's a very good outcome, the other is VERY bad.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Ehh, nothing will match Totally Spies in the "appeal" regard.
Great now I'm getting nostalgic for that show again...

Anyways, let's assume that the way Mii's are structured in Min Min's pack is how they're structured in the rest of the DLC (so 1 from same series as fighter, 1 returning, and 3 others, with 1 covering the Mii completely). What costumes would you add for a particular character? (If the character is a returning Mii costume, feel free to ignore that option)

For me I'd do something like...
Crash (fighter)

Aku Aku hat (series related)
Rathalos Armor costume (returning)
Ghirahim (other, Swordfighter)
Louie (other, Brawler)
Otto Matic (covers Mii completely, Gunner)

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Anyone know if Japan's scene is as bored and exhausted over the wait for CP7 as us? What's their takes on who it might be? Humour me, somebody.
Not much difference really.

Hunter, Crash, Gen 8 pokemon, Hayabusa.
Dante, Arle, Reimu, Rex, a little less now.

Japan or West, people in Smash speculation tend to have similar thoughts. We're probably mostly on the right track, but at the same time, we're the minorities. At least Japanese Smash speculation communities are so. Random Smash wants posts here and there from people not in the scenes are the majorities, and some from them are really wild. I think this can say the same for the West as well.

So I just decided to search randomly from various places right now and list down 50 names I found from the top.

Site A
Ryza, Arle, Crash, Melmetal, Cinderace, Amiya (Arknights), Hunter, Gen 8, Arle, Hunter, Paper Mario, Meguru Hachimiya (Idolmaster), Hunter, Banjo & Kazooie (wat), Gen 8, Sephiroth, Rillaboom, Reimu, Rillaboom, Rellaboom, Hunter, Paper Mario, Rash (Battletoads), Cinderace, Arle, Ryza, Hunter, Dante, Rillaboom, Gen 8, Reimu, Arle, Bandana Dee, Gen 8, Arle, Arle, Hunter, Gen 8, Lucy (Ninjara), Rex, Zhao Yun, Crash, Lloyd, Saber, Gen 8, Arle, Hunter, Phoenix Wright, Atelier rep

Site B
Arle, Dante, Gen 8, Ring Fit, Geralt, Saber, Sora, Shadow, Pawapuro-kun, Cinderace, Goemon, Zero, Reimu, Hayabusa, Strider Hiryu, Paper Mario, Rillaboom, Kazuma Kiryu, Steve, Phoeniz Wright, Gen 8, Captain Toad, Mashu Kyrielight, Dom (ACNH), Akuma, Parappa, Yuri, Marisa (Touhou), Arle, Idolmaster rep, Hunter, Hunter, King Boo, Fall Guys, Wolf Link & Midna, Tales rep, Lightning, Puyo Puyo rep, KOS-MOS, Atelier rep, Arle, Arle, Ryza, Prinny (Disgaea), DMC rep, Sora, Arthur, 2B, Octoling, Hunter

Site C
Crash, Steve, Puyo Puyo rep, Capcom rep, Gen 8, Touhou rep, Hunter, Rex, Akira Howard, King Bonbie (Momotaro Dentetsu) Idolmaster rep, Arle, Pyramid Head, Hunter, Yuri, Dante, Paper Mario, FGO rep, Hayabusa, Rellaboom, Raiden, Koishi Komeiji (Touhou), Resident Evil rep, Cress (Tales of), Sephiroth, Kunio, KOS-MOS, Lara Croft, Hunter, Riamu Yumemi (Idolmaster), Hayabusa, Hayabusa, Crash, Princess Connect rep, Hunter, Arle, Saber, Rex, Cress (Tales of), Hunter, Reimu, Dante, Cinderace, Gen 8, Crono, Haruka Amami (Idolmaster), Rex, Touhou rep, Dante, Paper Mario

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Not much difference really.

Hunter, Crash, Gen 8 pokemon, Hayabusa.
Dante, Arle, Reimu, Rex, a little less now.

Japan or West, people in Smash speculation tend to have similar thoughts. We're probably mostly on the right track, but at the same time, we're the minorities. At least Japanese Smash speculation communities are so. Random Smash wants posts here and there from people not in the scenes are the majorities, and some are really wild. I think this can say the same for the West as well.

So I just decided to search randomly from various places right now and list down 50 names I found from the top.

Site A
Ryza, Arle, Crash, Melmetal, Cinderace, Amiya (Arknights), Hunter, Gen 8, Arle, Hunter, Paper Mario, Meguru Hachimiya (Idolmaster), Hunter, Banjo & Kazooie (wat), Gen 8, Sephiroth, Rillaboom, Reimu, Rillaboom, Rellaboom, Hunter, Paper Mario, Rash (Battletoads), Cinderace, Arle, Ryza, Hunter, Dante, Rillaboom, Gen 8, Reimu, Arle, Bandana Dee, Gen 8, Arle, Arle, Hunter, Gen 8, Lucy (Ninjara), Rex, Zhao Yun, Crash, Lloyd, Saber, Gen 8, Arle, Hunter, Phoenix Wright, Atelier rep

Site B
Arle, Dante, Gen 8, Ring Fit, Geralt, Saber, Sora, Shadow, Pawapuro-kun, Cinderace, Goemon, Zero, Reimu, Hayabusa, Strider Hiryu, Paper Mario, Rillaboom, Kazuma Kiryu, Steve, Phoeniz Wright, Gen 8, Captain Toad, Mashu Kyrielight, Dom (ACNH), Akuma, Parappa, Yuri, Marisa (Touhou), Arle, Idolmaster rep, Hunter, Hunter, King Boo, Fall Guys, Wolf Link & Midna, Tales rep, Lightning, Puyo Puyo rep, KOS-MOS, Atelier rep, Arle, Arle, Ryza, Prinny (Disgaea), DMC rep, Sora, Arthur, 2B, Octoling, Hunter

Site C
Crash, Steve, Puyo Puyo rep, Capcom rep, Gen 8, Touhou rep, Hunter, Rex, Akira Howard, King Bonbie (Momotaro Dentetsu) Idolmaster rep, Arle, Pyramid Head, Hunter, Yuri, Dante, Paper Mario, FGO rep, Hayabusa, Rellaboom, Raiden, Koishi Komeiji (Touhou), Resident Evil rep, Cress (Tales of), Sephiroth, Kunio, KOS-MOS, Lara Croft, Hunter, Riamu Yumemi (Idolmaster), Hayabusa, Hayabusa, Crash, Princess Connect rep, Hunter, Arle, Saber, Rex, Cress (Tales of), Hunter, Reimu, Dante, Cinderace, Gen 8, Crono, Haruka Amami (Idolmaster), Rex, Touhou rep, Dante, Paper Mario
.......holy **** they're serious?

Like, I like Arknights but didn't that game come out barely a year ago in China?

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
You know what reeeealllly gets me goin'?!

Ness and Lucas have not appeared in any of the cool cinematic Smash newcomer trailers! The most they got was Subspace Emissary in Brawl! They don't even appear in the World of Light cinematics! How dare Nintendo do such a thing, how dare they I say!
:4pacman:

But seriously, there's 5 more DLC slots, I would hope they could appear in one of those trailers. They haven't even appeared in the Sm4sh newcomer trailers...

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
You know what reeeealllly gets me goin'?!

Ness and Lucas have not appeared in any of the cool cinematic Smash newcomer trailers! The most they got was Subspace Emissary in Brawl! They don't even appear in the World of Light cinematics! How dare Nintendo do such a thing, how dare they I say!
:4pacman:

But seriously, there's 5 more DLC slots, I would hope they could appear in one of those trailers. They haven't even appeared in the Sm4sh newcomer trailers...
I think you're right. The only time I can remember seeing them recently was this:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I do wonder if any speculated fighters specifically could make the Earthbounders make an appearance. Maybe if we get someone like Frisk? Any other speculated fighter that could fittingly include them in some way?
I'm not sure, sometimes characters appear at random, like Bowser in Shulk's trailer during Smash 4 (though maybe Bowser references something from Xenoblade that went over my head.)

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure, sometimes characters appear at random, like Bowser in Shulk's trailer during Smash 4 (though maybe Bowser references something from Xenoblade that went over my head.)
That one might've has some importance but Mario teaming up with Mega Man and Samus was a bit odd. Something like that could happen. I think Ness or Lucas did appear as World of Light demons in that one cutscene. We do have five trailers left so it's really up in the air what they chose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom