• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean Recall is literally her getting back health. That's the one I'm more so worried about.
It's other function is to bring her back to a position on the map she was on a few seconds ago. We have so many example of characters getting toned down, my favourite being how Witch Time can't be triggered off of a dodge like in Bayonetta's games. If anything, it'd work as an incredibly unorthodox recovery. There's no such thing as a character being OP imo, be it Dante, Tracer, Kratos, whatever. It can work with proper balance

Calamitas

Smash Champion
There are soo many Legendaries, and Fossils, that the amount of new Pokemon you'll be able to encounter on the overworld is kinda... disgustingly small.

Like, not counting the 'new' Pokemon, like Regielec, Regidrago, etc, these are the Pokemon in the Crown Tundra dex

View attachment 287216

aka, Oops all Legendaries
It's honestly just wild to me that after two DLC packs, they still haven't re-included Greninja - you know, the winner of the last official Pokémon popularity poll? Ahead of even The Unbeatable Leon's Invincible Charizard?
But hey, Hoenn starters are coming back. That's neat.

SKX31

Smash Master
I'm gonna have to stop you there, because Overwatch's competitive scene is struggling hard. The Overwatch League (OWL), despite being created by Blizzard themselves and having tons of money poured into it, struggles to pull more than, last time I checked, 33-44k viewers on average. You would think that in a global pandemic, where everyone has free time to watch whatever, more would tune in. But in reality, views have been low for a while. People just don't care about seeing Overwatch in a competitive sense for now.
It is struggling, yes, despite OWL seeing some rather strong numbers from China (Chinese streaming sites don't give out exact numbers, - rather it's a "popularity" metric. I'd still say that 100K+ is a safe number for the Chinese average).

And really, there's a whole host of reasons why I'd imagine (haven't been following OWL that much, but still). Valorant and influential OWL people switching to that is one factor. The downfall of the rather dominant Vancouver Titans is another (where its first squad disbanded and the Titans organization had to find new players to fill the void). And then the Academy issues, where Blizzard couldn't find a stable second tier. It's incredibly difficult to establish a stable second tier - I'd argue that both Riot and Valve struggle with that, and they're the most esports-heavy video game corps out there.

I don't think it's "Game over" for the OWL - 33-44K is still rather strong viewership numbers especially if one averages that. After all that. It is still in a decently strong position and has got a few things going for it. But one can certainly question if a OWL spot was worth $20 Million (or $60 Million for the Season 2 teams).

And really, the issues within Overwatch's competitive encapsulate my thoughts on Overwatch as a whole. Very fun and influential game, and the hero designs - especially the newer ones - are intriguing... but Blizzard has been wonky with supporting the game, and as a result the meta can feel too stale at points. That alone has made a lot of people lose interest, especially when Overwatch's primary competitor now is Riot's Valorant. I'm not entirely sure how well Valorant's doing a couple months after the test period started, but it did manage to lure influential Overwatch players like xQc (at least at first).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There are soo many Legendaries, and Fossils, that the amount of new Pokemon you'll be able to encounter on the overworld is kinda... disgustingly small.

Like, not counting the 'new' Pokemon, like Regielec, Regidrago, etc, these are the Pokemon in the Crown Tundra dex

View attachment 287216

Yayyy Giratina and Metagross are back!!!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
so what'd i miss aside from an obviously fake Tracer (?) leak?

D

Deleted member

There was a Tracer leak? Wouldn't be against her, but implementing her time warp shenanigans would be kinda weird. I wonder if her stage would be Watchpoint Gibraltar.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's other function is to bring her back to a position on the map she was on a few seconds ago. We have so many example of characters getting toned down, my favourite being how Witch Time can't be triggered off of a dodge like in Bayonetta's games. If anything, it'd work as an incredibly unorthodox recovery. There's no such thing as a character being OP imo, be it Dante, Tracer, Kratos, whatever. It can work with proper balance
It's also literally already been done in a fighting game with Geras in MK11.
It's a multi-slot move that costs a lot of meter so not only are you giving up multiple other special moves for it, it also takes quite a chunk of resources which, if used poorly, leaves Geras in a position where he's combo fodder because now he can't break out and that can easily lose him the round.

Tracer would be a similar case, she uses up a resource that takes time to recharge and until then, taking damage and getting launched is extremely dangerous.

D

Deleted member

It's also literally already been done in a fighting game with Geras in MK11.
It's a multi-slot move that costs a lot of meter so not only are you giving up multiple other special moves for it, it also takes quite a chunk of resources which, if used poorly, leaves Geras in a position where he's combo fodder because now he can't break out and that can easily lose him the round.

Tracer would be a similar case, she uses up a resource that takes time to recharge and until then, taking damage and getting launched is extremely dangerous.
I'd imagine they'd keep it close to the game mechanics and just implement a 'cooldown' mechanic for her stuff if she were ever implemented.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I just want Impa. Literally my most wanted now. And probably has better chances than both Isaac and Dixie.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think it’s because TPC’s tired of all the same nonsense people still spew after nearly a year and a half.
Well yeah, it's obvious that they're tired of the negative feedback.

But the fact that people are still complaining probably suggests that there's some actual issues with the game and defending it is just going to make future games worse.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
If Pokemon DP remakes are trash that might be the last mainline games I play, I haven't enjoyed the last 3 main releases.

Pokemon Snap looks sick though.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

View attachment 287216

It's a little lame that we're returning back to the "We brought back every legendary!" gimmick from Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon so soon. Something tells me that and the fact they're bringing back all of the remaining pseudos are going to be a talking point later today. I'm surprised they didn't go all in and bring all of the starters back if they wanted to grab the most popular groups of Pokemon.

At least the Zubat line if finally returning. It's not a Pokemon game without Zubat

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Well, that was. . . pretty boring. And like I expected, no interesting news whatsoever out of that Pokémon presentation. Back to waiting for FP7 it is.

I hate being a pessimist, but if they make Gen 4 remakes, I am scared they may butcher it.

It could either be very succesful, or not that amazing.
I pretty much have no faith whatsoever in any future Pokémon remakes. More likely than not, they'll strickly stick to Diamond/Pearl content for base game, and then sell off any Platinum improvements as DLC, if they make them at all.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, at least we know that one Reddit leak was fake. Nothing Gen 2 related, unless you count those references in the music video at the end. Now to wait for the next shadowdrop!

What? You guys think we're getting FP7? It's only a rumor!
THERE IS NO FP7

THERE IS NO SEASON 2

THERE IS ONLY MIN MIN

GET IN THE ROBOT

D

Deleted member

Wow, all of you seemed to be bored of it.

I kind of miss the days when people were hype for Pokemon pre-SwSh.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Yeah, and it confirms that there won't be any more Sword and Shield DLC.
It kinda makes me wonder what's next for Gen 8. Game Freak said the DLC is meant to replace the standard third version we've gotten in every generation except 6, so Pokemon Sharp Sword and Solid Shield aren't going to be a thing.

Gen 4 remakes seem like the next logical step, but I could see something coming out of nowhere similar to Let's Go. Maybe don't release a game in 2021 to let Gen 9 cook a little and become something truly special? No? Alright then.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Wow, all of you seemed to be bored of it.

I kind of miss the days when people were hype for Pokemon pre-SwSh.
There's a large segment of the fanbase that's grown more discontent with the perceived stagnation and missing features of the Pokemon titles with SwSh feeling like a culmination of that. The games will always sell well and there will be a younger enthusiastic fans for it, but for some, the games aren't really a big event anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom