• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Good morning, human beings.

I didn't watch it because I'm not getting the game, but how was it?

Was it HYPE?

Hokori

Great King of Evil
You can pet the dog and high five the cat in MH: Rise
The chat went understandably nuts when that was revealed. Myself included.

I wish I could've foreseen this in 2014. Everyone wanting Impa now would've been a joy to see. She's been one of my most wanted since Skyward Sword. This really warms my heart.
You love to see it. I've seen nothing but positivity so far.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
She looked so badass as a big impa, why did they dumb her down to "~uguu" here
For one, to resemble her granddaughter Paya, and two, to differentiate her from her typical depiction of stoic guardian of Zelda. If I'm being honest, I could see this version growing old into the Impa we know now more easily than the previous depictions of her.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
For one, to resemble her granddaughter Paya, and two, to differentiate her from her typical depiction of stoic guardian of Zelda. If I'm being honest, I could see this version growing old into the Impa we know now more easily than the previous depictions of her.
Oh oops , I didnt connect Paya and Impas relationship, now it makes sense,

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It already happened

There will be more tomorrow at 5pm jst...

Which in my time zone is 4am.
Jeez.... I have a very difficut time with the Nintendo updates to videos. I can never find their live directs on youtube, they always seem to take days to upload. All I can find right now is a 3 minute video on AoC, not a fifty minute gameplay.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hmmm, I wish Impa was a bit less 'cutesy'. In my mind she's a Sheikah bada** and this doesn't really fit the bill. Probably an unpopular opinion though.
I feel you. But am just happy she's there in the first place. It's ironic because Impa is now younger than she regularly appears, but Link and Zelda are a bit older. I always took Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword Impa to be around 25 to 30. Maybe OoT Impa could even pass for 35. I think they decided for this look because how popular of a character Paya was in BotW.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Jeez.... I have a very difficut time with the Nintendo updates to videos. I can never find their live directs on youtube, they always seem to take days to upload. All I can find right now is a 3 minute video on AoC, not a fifty minute gameplay.
That's because it isn't 50 minutes, it's 14 minutes wirh 36 minutes of talking.

Anyways here: https://youtu.be/4ivSWRpsILs

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I wish Impa was a bit less 'cutesy'. In my mind she's a Sheikah bada** and this doesn't really fit the bill. Probably an unpopular opinion though.
I get the the concern, but why not be both cute and badass?

I feel you. But am just happy she's there in the first place. It's ironic because Impa is now younger than she regularly appears, but Link and Zelda are a bit older. I always took Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword Impa to be around 25 to 30. Maybe OoT Impa could even pass for 35. I think they decided for this look because how popular of a character Paya was in BotW.
Funnily enough, BotW Link isn't actually physically older than Link usually is. He's about 17-18, same as OoT Link and Twilight Princess Link. Skyward Sword Link is the oldest, I believe, being 21.

I'm pretty sure this is the youngest Impa ever, though.

Edit: I'm wondering which company owns this iteration of Impa. Does Koei Tecmo have the rights, or does Nintendo? I feel like that could have some implications as to whether she gets used in other places.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Funnily enough, BotW Link isn't actually physically older than Link usually is. He's about 17-18, same as OoT Link and Twilight Princess Link. Skyward Sword Link is the oldest, I believe, being 21.

Edit: I'm wondering which company owns this iteration of Impa. Does Koei Tecmo have the rights, or does Nintendo? I feel like that could have some implications as to whether she gets used in other places.
As she is already a canon character, a past version of an already existing character, and Nintendo supervised this game's story so that it is canon, I can't imagine this Impa doesn't belong to Nintendo, rights wise.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I mean, considering this is just a younger version of a canon Impa in Breath of the Wild, which by all means should obviously belong to Nintendo, I'd be flabbergasted if this version of Impa wasn't owned by Nintendo just for being a younger design.

D

Deleted member

There doesn't seem to be much hope for Phoenix Wright getting into Smash anymore, apparently Capcom's letting Ace Attorney die.
Ace Attorney isn't dead though. Its most recent game is 2017, and even more recently, it got remasters on the Switch.

Phoenix Wright will get his chance.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Oh great. As if I didn't want Impa bad enough already, now they make her into this adorable badass with (explosive) shadow clones, explosive Kunais, paraglider, and paper seals that shoot gusts of wind? Take my money Nintendo. I'll give you extra if you put her in Smash.

Not to mention the amazing way that she dances and slashes across the battlefield is so fast, that her hat can't keep up and it falls off, but it stays aloft in the wind caused by the speed of her attacks, until she catches it.

Geez they gave Impa so much style, leave some left for the rest characters.

Last edited:
There doesn't seem to be much hope for Phoenix Wright getting into Smash anymore, apparently Capcom's letting Ace Attorney die.
I never really expected him to get in anyway, but I will say I don’t think that really matters. Look at Banjo. He’s been dead over a decade and he got in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom