• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So far the new Monster Hunter game looks sick. I have been getting kind of tired of Monster Hunter recently but that new wire mechanic changes so much. I'm actually hyped.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Microsoft is still on board! They said that they weren't bringing anymore games to Switch but they did anyways. This might be a sign for things to come......
They said there were no plans to.

A very different statement.

Not that it couldn't happen.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So Nintendo gave Monster Hunter alot of attention. Can't think of too many 3rd parties that get their own Directs. Apparently they already existed in Japan, but the fact they are advertising this in the West as well might be a Sign

If Nintendo had hand in choosing the DLC for FP2, and Nintendo is focusing alot of attention of Monster Hunter, well...

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
Monster Hunter amiibos on March 26th, so is that the next Smash character date as well, for followers of the amiibo theory?

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I'm sure it has nothing to do with Super Smash Bros., but I don't think the true reason is that jaded.
I'm not even saying that to be cynical, I just think Microsoft sensed that Ori had real appeal to Nintendo fans and that getting it on the Switch sooner rather than later was simply logical. I'd love for this to suggest more Microsoft games/characters to Switch but the only thing I feel safe in making assumptions about is the immediate financial benefit to both companies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's clear at this point. Monster Hunter will be our next fighter.

Why give it this much attention? So technically speaking we got our next character revealed so I'm satisfied knowing who it is now. Now onto speculating FP8.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I straight up said "Is that Repede!?" When the trailer started, lol. The new MH doggo looks so much like him!
I couldn't tell if it was supposed to be a dog, wolf, or cat.

I guess the answer was yes.

Why give it this much attention?
Because it's a big game? This doesn't really mean anything for Super Smash Bros.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Why give it this much attention? So technically speaking we got our next character revealed so I'm satisfied knowing who it is now. Now onto speculating FP8.
Because it's insanely popular, particularly in Japan, and releases like Monster Hunter World helped to increase its popularity worldwide.

D

Deleted member

NIS America had its own standalone trailer for Disgaea 6. I dont know if maybe my connection got weaker while watching the Direct, but the Standalone trailer made the character models look a lot better. I feel a little better about Disgaea 6's switch to 3D models now. Don't know if it'll be entirely good in the end, but at least they look better than I initially thought.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
With Disgaea 6 being shown off in this direct mini, Laharl is probably going to be brought up a bit more in Smash speculation now.

Could see it happening tbh. NISA has been supporting the Switch with yearly Disgaea releases.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can't wait til this thread thinks there gonna be a Disgaea newcomer because of the free demo for NSO users

"ARMS had a NSO trail!! And then we got a charatcehr!! So that totes means the same for the Disgaea!!"
Hey, I'm down for getting Laharl added.

SKX31

Smash Master
Because it's a big game? This doesn't really mean anything for Super Smash Bros.
Games👏Exist👏Outside👏Of👏Smash👏Bros.
Pretty much, Tencent did give RFA tons of attention in a China-exclusive Ring Fit Direct (yes). And the Ring Fit Direct aired last month, after Ring Fit had been Spirit-ed.

(Edit: Yes, circumstances are a bit different, but my main point still stands.)

Don't rush to conclusions just yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Monster Hunter looks great already. It was worth it to lug myself out of bed at 7. I'm thinking that it'll be more beginner-friendly than Generations Ultimate, but I'll have to wait until I know more.
As for me, I lunge myself out of bed at 6 four days a week.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The only thing disappointing about this Partner Showcase was no Bayonetta 3, with the M rating in the direct being for some Sniper Game.
View attachment 285915
At this point I'm convinced the game was just a collective fever dream that everyone simultaneously had. It never existed.

Anyways, Monster Hunter looks solid.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That's it? No Dash?

Holy **** lmao

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Monster Hunter amiibos on March 26th, so is that the next Smash character date as well, for followers of the amiibo theory?
Traditionally, DLC characters only release alongside Smash and other first-Party amiibo (if included with Smash amiibo.) Third-Party amiibo are usually treated as a seperate thing. Afaik, Shovel Knight amiibo released during Smash's DLC cycle and nothing happened near that.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
The one thing I'm iffy on regarding Monster Hunter and Smash is that Rathalos already does a pretty good job representing the series, all things considered.

It's all about the monsters. I'm assuming this is also why the dev team was so hesitant on adding a Hunter to to the VS series for the longest time prior to Infinite .

Don't get me wrong it could still happen, but I'm honestly not feeling it rn

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Traditionally, DLC characters only release alongside Smash and other first-Party amiibo (if included with Smash amiibo.) Third-Party amiibo are usually treated as a seperate thing. Afaik, Shovel Knight amiibo released during Smash's DLC cycle and nothing happened near that.
Likely because they're not compatible with the game.

SKX31

Smash Master
Show's over folks. How we feeling?

Overwhelmed? Whelmed? Underwhelmed? Like/loved it? Meh? Boooooo?
Thumbs up overall.

There was a solid mix of titles in this one. Although not everyone's going to like say Monster Hunter, Balan, Sniper or PGA the amount of titles will help complement Mario 35th and AoC during the holiday season up until March.

I'll write a full writeup on each game soon, but overall the best Partner Showcase. Not that there's that much competition, but a step up from August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom