• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Broke: Speculating on which characters are being added to Smash
Woke: Speculating on which monsters are being added to Monster Hunter 6
pushes up glasses
well you see, I sure the Astalos and Malfesto is coming back

Legit hope Astalos stays, his theme is amazing

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bruh it took like 6 months to get DKC with DKC2 only now making it with SMRPG never even having hit the Wii U eshop, how the hell is SMRPG unique in that regard when there's countless beloved NES and SNES games still missing because Nintendo are idiots who enjoy awful dripfeeding
Yeah the game being caught in legal limbo is reason why the only re-releases are on the Wii VC and SNES classic, while Nintendo and Square have a much better relationship then they did 20 years ago. Its pretty clear both companies have different philosophizes and plans for how to release their classic games in the modern era.
Guys......

SMRPG did release on Wii U VC.

Seriously, am I the only one here who bought a Wii U or something???

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I am just joking about a ****post I made, do not take it too seriously.

I am not even a Geno fan.
I definitely get you didn't mean any harm by it, but I think everyone here can agree that even mentioning politics can often cause things to go off the rails if it hits a bone with some people and snowballs from there. It's probably just a better idea to avoid political discussion all together, IMO.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Guys......

That's weird, I never saw it on the eShop or heard news about its rerelease. Must have been a busy week or something for that to be ignored.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I definitely get you didn't mean any harm by it, but I think everyone here can agree that even mentioning politics can often cause things to go off the rails if it hits a bone with some people and snowballs from there. It's probably just a better idea to avoid political discussion all together, IMO.
What, you don't want to talk about the raw ancom energy that having to deal with a stingy corporation to acquire the license for Mr.-I-Serve-A-Higher-Authority emits?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Guys, guys, I just came up with a conspiracy theory!

Okay, so during their briefing thing, Nintendo mentioned how their mobile games have played a role in the Switch's increased sales. However, as this guy pointed out, Dragalia Lost isn't on Switch: it's mobile-exclusive. So what if, and bare with me on this, WHAT IF Nintendo's plan for Dragalia Lost... is to add Euden to Smash to get DL players to buy a Switch?

STRAW-GRASPING FOR THE WIN!!!!!!

D

Deleted member

It's a harmless joke, who's going to get pissed off that I called Geno an ancom? It was a joke, meant to be for comedy, not to be taken seriously. It is not like I think Geno is an ancom in reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Okay, so during their briefing thing, Nintendo mentioned how their mobile games have played a role in the Switch's increased sales. However, as this guy pointed out, Dragalia Lost isn't on Switch: it's mobile-exclusive. So what if, and bare with me on this, WHAT IF Nintendo's plan for Dragalia Lost... is to add Euden to Smash to get DL players to buy a Switch?

I could actually see that happening provided Dragalia Lost is a big enough game. It's certainly big enough to have large crossovers so it could be in the realm of possibility, especially if the series comes to consoles with a game of its own. I guess we'll just have to wait and see on that.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

As long as the ip is region lock I don't see it happening personally. Maybe if they expand the ip with a Switch game that release everywhere I could see it, but with a region lock mobile game I don't see Dragalia lost having more than a sprits event.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I could very well see Dragalia Getting ported to the switch or A Dragalia lost Fighting game (Maybe a Granblue crossover? there are already Granblue units in Dragalia already and they are developed by the same company)

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly I do hope the Partner Showcase has a decent range of games to please people. An update on Bravely Default 2 for the JPRG fans, Monster Hunter Switch reveal for those interested in that series, and (fingers crossed) perhaps another Monkey Ball game/remake for the likes of me.

D

Deleted member

Donkey Country 2 is being added to the SNES virtual on Switch (coming 9/23). I'm hoping that by December, Donkey Kong Country 3 will make it on; I actually liked that one the most. Probably because its the only one of the three that I beat 100% lol. Every DK coin to make it through the Krakatoa special island thing for that ending; the normal way through the final level; and saving all the birds ending.

Since Mario RPG was on Wii U virtual console (apparently) maybe it'll make an appearance too at some point.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Guys......

In that case I either missed that or mixed it up with FF6, but that doesn't change how NSO's missing more classic games than games that are available on it so SMRPG being absent isn't especially strange when again, DKC2's only NOW making it on the system and fans needing to shout loud enough to get the first game on it to begin with

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
In that case I either missed that or mixed it up with FF6, but that doesn't change how NSO's missing more classic games than games that are available on it so SMRPG being absent isn't especially strange when again, DKC2's only NOW making it on the system and fans needing to shout loud enough to get the first game on it to begin with
Nah, fans shouting isn't what got DKC on NSO, this is just how Nintendo's been operating with legacy content this gen. They have an extremely slow burn with it because they use it for when there's a content gap.

Basically, Nintendo uses legacy content for filler in Switch era. All these games are gonna come eventually and heck, they're probably all ready to go now, but Nintendo seems to like saving them for a rainy day.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Nah, fans shouting isn't what got DKC on NSO, this is just how Nintendo's been operating with legacy content this gen. They have an extremely slow burn with it because they use it for when there's a content gap.

Basically, Nintendo uses legacy content for filler in Switch era. All these games are gonna come eventually and heck, they're probably all ready to go now, but Nintendo seems to like saving them for a rainy day.
That's exactly one of the issues and why it's not significant for SMRPG specifically to be missing. It was games every month until Nintendo decided to just save games for whenever, and DKC just so happened to be a fanfavourite SNES game that Nintendo just didn't bother having up as soon as they added SNES games to NSO

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Huh, livestreamed Partner Direct. Guess we can check this week off for some new info. Given that Hyrule Warriors is at TGS, I'm still thinking we'll get CP7 announced at the end of the month, maybe the week earlier if Nintendo decides to leave AoC's marketing to Koei-Tecmo.

In other words, not much has changed.

rychu_supadude

Smash Journeyman

Man, they really just gonna put Miitomo in their graphic when they already took it out the back and executed it...

Where is the justice

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
What's going to be significant is seeing what fills (or doesn't fill) October and November as far as announcements. The big first party stuff feels like it been announced and Partner Showcases only happen once a month, so outside of DLC reveals we might see this weekly highlight model of news taper off come late fall.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
My bad, I should've probably left a link from the start. Here you go

Hi! Hate to quote late, however, I wanted to ask how these numbers are found? I've been looking in the website coding for the Smash Ultimate notifications page, and can't seem to find anything relating to those post numbers mentioned.

Arcane Jill

Smash Apprentice

Given that Dragalia isn't doing so great (last month, it made 10% of what Fire Emblem Heroes did and less than 1% of what Fate/Grand Order did) and that Cygames has stated that it is considerably performing below expectations, I doubt we will see it in smash anytime soon.
On the topic of MH, I just want them to have Sick Flips Doggo in base game and I'll be happy.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Given that Dragalia isn't doing so great (last month, it made 10% of what Fire Emblem Heroes did and less than 1% of what Fate/Grand Order did) and that Cygames has stated that it is considerably performing below expectations, I doubt we will see it in smash anytime soon.
On the topic of MH, I just want them to have Sick Flips Doggo in base game and I'll be happy.
But what if adding Euden helps to promote Dragalia Lost? Smash DOES have a way of introducing people to new franchises, after all...

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Seeing as the pass was set least year, presumably somewhere between Joker's release and E3, I'm not sure if Dragalia's current status would help or hurt it. I'd need to know how it was doing back then.
Then again, if Nintendo's close enough to Cygames, I'm sure they could sort out the rights to a Granblue character or something no problem. They could easily fill the mobile game gap in the roster.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
If I remember the point that Cygames was trying to make with that Dragalia comment was them basically saying "Without Nintendo we would make more money"

Then again, if Nintendo's close enough to Cygames, I'm sure they could sort out the rights to a Granblue character or something no problem. They could easily fill the mobile game gap in the roster.
Granblue, Dragalia and I guess you can consider Fate all seem like good options for a mobile game rep

D

Deleted member

This showcase is just going to be like the last few: harmless but overall uninteresting. I can't think of any way they could make it actually interesting in any realistic way.
That pessimism won't help you. It won't be disappointing, trust me.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
My guess is Bravely Default 2, SMT5, Bayonetta 3, and many more iconic third parties. This showcase will be glorious.
Are you kidding me? You expect all those things in the span of like 10 minutes, in the same format of direct that spent half its runtime on a WWE game?

Yeah, right. We'll be lucky if we get even ONE of the things you just listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom