• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Since it’s Undertale’s 5 year anniversary, I’ve been thinking about more Undertale representation in Smash. It probably won’t happen but maybe we could get a Fighter?

The reveal of FP2 having 6 characters always struck me as odd since they made a big deal out of the 6th slot. It was probably just a fun way to show there’ll be more in FP2 than FP1.

Buuuut what if it’s because the 6th character is someone they decided on at the last moment? Perhaps they were all set on doing another 5 characters until they saw how well Sans sold & went to Toby Fox to get a full Undertale character in Smash?

It’s not likely & they probably always intended on an additional 6 characters. But it’s still a fun idea to think about. Undertale is one of my favorite games ever & I’d love to see it have a bigger role in Smash.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Is it wrong that at this point I'm far more interested in what Mii costumes are coming than the actual character itself?

I want more fuel for Sans abominations.
According to my predictions, we should be getting...
  • Genosans
  • Hat Sans
  • Sans Knight (Not Hollow Sans, that's someone else)
  • Quotesans (Alternatively spelt "Sans")
  • Sanseline
  • Maybe Shovel Sans
Would this be a good outcome to you?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Say, when is that Nintendo meeting happening again? Is it tomorrow? I honestly don't remember.

Before you ask, I'm not expecting anything Smash-related, but I am curious what the meeting's about.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, with SM3DAS and HWAOC needing to be promoted there's no need for a Smash reveal right now. And besides, they can add the amiibo compatibility without adding a new fighter.
Age of Calamity news in on the 26th. One day before the last week if September.

Also the Mario trilogy attention will have had it's due run by then as we enter October.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Say, remember awhile back when I made a comment about N64 Online? Well, something interesting popped up about that. The Mario 3D Collection has been leaked, and it turns out the three games all use emulators (that explains a few things). However, while Sunshine and Galaxy appear to use original emulators, 64 seemingly doesn't. On top of that, it apparently has data that mentions other N64 games, including Perfect Dark of all things.

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about emulation, so I don't know if that really means anything (heck, I didn't even know about the "multiple games" bit until I saw the Geno thread talking about it). Though if this IS a hint at things to come, we may be getting N64 Online sooner rather than later. That is, of course, assuming this actually means something in the end.

Wait, I need to mention something Smash related. Um... Brian from Quest 64, yay or nay?
Lordy I hope. I want Yoshi's Story so bad!

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I honestly think some of y'all seriously overestimate just how big of a deal a new Smash fighter is gonna be. Like, what, are people suddenly gonna get completely caught up in the Smash hype/rage and forget to purchase™ Super Mario 3D All-Star™?

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Well, with SM3DAS and HWAOC needing to be promoted there's no need for a Smash reveal right now. And besides, they can add the amiibo compatibility without adding a new fighter.
It's not about the actual updates, it's about the correlation of dates. Even if the fighters and amiibo are added separately, they always come a couple weeks apart. Besides, whenever a new presentation is streamed, they always take a moment to advertise the new amiibo, allowing for the marketing cycle to continue. As a result, the DLC and the amiibo's marketing and release schedules are pretty closely tied.

SKX31

Smash Master
Well, choice #1 on the poll probably isn't right. Let's watch it drop from 42 votes as everyone casts their vote for choice #2.

Then on September 30th, we can watch everyone switch to choice #3.

Then on October 31st, we can watch everyone switch to choice #7.
Clings onto Choice #1 like a Looney Tunes character.

Okay, I'm gonna go Ancient Roman and use the Julian Calendar (which is currently 13 days behind, so today's September 2nd). That way, I have until September 27th to be right (in some respect).

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. Alea Iacta Est.

:4pacman:

Say, when is that Nintendo meeting happening again? Is it tomorrow? I honestly don't remember.

Before you ask, I'm not expecting anything Smash-related, but I am curious what the meeting's about.
Apparently it is a Management Briefing Session. And no, there will be no new product or service related announcements then.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's not about the actual updates, it's about the correlation of dates. Even if the fighters and amiibo are added separately, they always come a couple weeks apart. Besides, whenever a new presentation is streamed, they always take a moment to advertise the new amiibo, allowing for the marketing cycle to continue. As a result, the DLC and the amiibo's marketing and release schedules are pretty closely tied.
But I don't know if it still will be because of COVID-19.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
But I don't know if it still will be because of COVID-19.
As with most presentations. They're recorded months before.

Also that didn't stop Min Min's presentation and release.

No offense but it feels like you're always trying to find some loop just to be permissitic.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Seeing as how it’s an investor meeting, they’ll have to show investors what’s coming up so... I’d be surprised if we DIDN’T at least see FP7 and/or some upcoming titles

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Seeing as how it’s an investor meeting, they’ll have to show investors what’s coming up so... I’d be surprised if we DIDN’T at least see FP7 and/or some upcoming titles
They could also just show investors their massive pile of money to lead to the same result /s

Last edited:

Droodle

Smash Lord
Investor meetings are usually just plans for the upcoming year (in broad terms), and updates on how well they are doing currently/updates on game sales. They almost never really announce titles during them, especially big ones. Now that doesn't mean we can't see some partner showcase or even a Smash reveal, just that they don't have too.

In other news, Dusk Golem (the person that originally said MH Switch is going to be revealed soon), backed up Shinobi by saying that it's going to be elaborated at TGS (but announced before). So we should be seeing a announcement by Nintendo/Capcom any day of the week now. Since it's getting it's own spotlight at TGS, I think they won't do a MH-specific direct for it (though they still could if they have a lot to announce).. But that does leave the possibility of us potentially getting a partner direct this week or y'know, just a shadowdrop of it on twitter.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Speaking of great Capcom art:
This genuinely makes me wish this was a real game. I could use ANY Vs. Capcom game after the dumpster fire that was MvC:I.
I'm going to name and guess most of the Capcom characters from top to bottom:

• Rathalos
  • Dr. Wily
  • Leo
  • Kirin Armor Girl
  • Dr. Light
  • Jon Talbain
  • Leon S. Kennedy
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Arthur
  • Chun-Li
  • Date Masamune
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Megaman
  • Servbot
  • Son Son
  • Roll
The only one I do not know is the rabbit right next to Phoenix Wright.

Anyways getting back on topic, if there were any other Capcom candidates as future DLC characters for Smash, my picks would be between a Monster Hunter, Chun-Li, Dante or a Resident Evil character.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
D

Deleted member

Edit: I'm not okay.

Smash reveal when? Can I at least have that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
g asm maga mam mamaemaeka ibeahauta jguihuaueameameaj g nuanvjzj mmn anuaeueeng aamamamaa
Flalfgsg
afwe wga ea kamf kam al oa ooa olgmo amoaaomgoa
a s
lafsdlfallmgkgm kamg aw34k9 ktj3 mimgimiamg gawwesdgsgggsaggaghhll ph lplp p5lpl54 pl5l5ko5e4
uhhhh... you ok there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom